Value of: Top pair LD to LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Yeah, great dman, but we've been there and done that. He'd be getting a bit long in the tooth for what we are trying to do.
He’d be attainable for the level of assets you’re willing to part with tho, and he’s a known commodity in the room. none of the others mentioned would be available unless you’re talking Clarke + Byfield.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Provorov

For

Maatta
Turcotte
Bjornfot
LA 2022 1st

That's a pretty good package. LA's defense then would look like:

Anderson - Doughty
Provorov - Roy
Moverare - Durzi

Edler would slot in for Moverare when he's back from injury. LA would essentially have two #1 defensemen.

I mean, I hate losing Turcotte, but you gotta give to get.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That's a pretty good package. LA's defense then would look like:

Anderson - Doughty
Provorov - Roy
Moverare - Durzi

Edler would slot in for Moverare when he's back from injury. LA would essentially have two #1 defensemen.

I mean, I hate losing Turcotte, but you gotta give to get.
Honestly that looks pretty fair across the board

Reactions: kilowatt

bland

Jul 1, 2004
The Kings have no need for this at all. There is plenty of offense coming from the blueline in short order. Its too expensive a luxury right now, as they are not a contender, possibly not even a playoff team.

The Kings have a ridiculous abundance of prospects, their best days are just down the road. Some fans seem to think that you need to have every single base covered and its just not true or realistic. Once they are a solid playoff team truly moving upward, sure fill a hole then. But if the goal is to compete for Cups you are going to want as many of those high-end, smart, two-way jam line drivers in your lineup as possible. That's how they'll win, not by adding a dozen goals from the left point at the expense of Turcotte, Bjornfot, Faber or Clarke - who could very well top the offense of any addition alone. Certainly not Byfield.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
What top pair (or nearish) Lhd could be available for LA?

Ideally a durable 6'2 220 type guy that can put up some points. Under say 28yrs, and not with a crappy contract.

I'm not looking to move either Byfield or Clarke but everyone else can be discussed.

Whose moveable?

You are basically describing Esa Lindell.

Size: – He is 6'3 220lbs.
Durability: ✔ – Since solidifying his spot in the roster, he has missed two games and that was 17-18 season. And it was an illness and not an injury.
Points: ✔ – He is good for around 30 points in a full season. Even on a defensive first team as a defensive zone first type guy.

Movability: ✔ – He should be in the movables category with all of this Klingberg and other UFA rumors, they should be looking for futures, younger guys to fit the Heiskanen, Robertson, Hintz, Oettinger core.
Contract: 1/2✔ – He is perhaps overpaid by a million or so for what he is currently bringing. But in a better offensive environment, I could see him bumping up his points totals as well.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
[QUOTE="elitepete, post: 182261038, member: 281747"]I think you shold aim a little lower than those two considering what you have off the table.

There's speculation that Theodore may be available, and Vegas is more likely to make a trade like that due to their cap situation. But even then, they would probably trade Marchessault or Smith first. Vegas also probably wouldn't want to trade him within their division, but they did trade Schmidt within their division (although not the same level of player), so

If Byfield and Clarke aren't available, it would probably require something like Vilardi/turcotte+unprotected 1st+your next best d prospect
[/QUOTE]
Lol no thanks.

Last edited:

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
you have not previously entertained the idea, so I have not finalized demand from this side.
But -- and again, take into account strong demand, many suitors on an open market -- a winning bid would prob be something like, at min:
Rangers 2nd + Lindgren
for
Kings 1st + Vilardi

keep in mind league wide most teams would have to kick in 1st to start their bidding.

there is some room for discussion if you can convince me that Vilardi is truly can't miss, and not just a good prospect, in which case I would ask why is he not even on the taxi squad, let alone that varsity atm?
Pass

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Rangers aren't trading a player making 3 million and typically playing around 20 or more minutes a night. Lindgren doesn't get moved unless a LD comes in to take his spot, or Rangers find themselves is such a jam they need to move one of their easiest, movable contracts. Kings aren't giving up a top prospect ready to step in for Lindgren,(Turcotte), so it makes no sense to even put his name out there. Rangers have no room for most of their prospects as it is, so basing a trade around a 1st for Lindgren doesn't really help us right now (and nobody is giving a top 5 pick up here)

And, yes, he's an upgrade.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Rangers aren't trading a player making 3 million and typically playing around 20 or more minutes a night. Lindgren doesn't get moved unless a LD comes in to take his spot, or Rangers find themselves is such a jam they need to move one of their easiest, movable contracts. Kings aren't giving up a top prospect ready to step in for Lindgren,(Turcotte), so it makes no sense to even put his name out there. Rangers have no room for most of their prospects as it is, so basing a trade around a 1st for Lindgren doesn't really help us right now (and nobody is giving a top 5 pick up here)

And, yes, he's an upgrade.

this is what projects after usual suspects moved/not renewed for Zib + Fox $ and then we need for Kakko, LaF etc

and immediacy of win now must bend buckle and break in capitulation to best overall strategy both long and short term,
no desperate overreaches.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
When Kakko and Laf do enough to warrant being paid, we'll worry about them. Right now Lindgren is here...

And Kakko is down here.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
I think the Jets are poised to be able to part with a LHD (or perhaps 2).

Does Dillon interest you at all? Under contract 2 more years after this one with a $3.9M hit. Brings the physicality and can move really well. IMO would be a pretty ideal partner for Doughty.

We just traded for him in the offseason for 2 - 2nd round picks but with JMo, Stanley, Samberg and Heinola in addition to Dillon I feel like the young guys are ready now and can take over next year so in the offseason he could become available due to cap reasons.

Dillon for Grans plus either the Pens 3rd or Akil Thomas in the offseason?

I think the Jets could really use Grans for the prospect pool. I wanted him to be there for us in the second round last year but you guys swiped him before we got to pick. With you also having Clarke I feel like you could move Grans.

We also could use some right shot forwards so Thomas is of interest to me. Or the 3rd round pick instead. I'd do it either way.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
I think the Jets are poised to be able to part with a LHD (or perhaps 2).

Does Dillon interest you at all? Under contract 2 more years after this one with a $3.9M hit. Brings the physicality and can move really well. IMO would be a pretty ideal partner for Doughty.

We just traded for him in the offseason for 2 - 2nd round picks but with JMo, Stanley, Samberg and Heinola in addition to Dillon I feel like the young guys are ready now and can take over next year so in the offseason he could become available due to cap reasons.

Dillon for Grans plus either the Pens 3rd or Akil Thomas in the offseason?

I think the Jets could really use Grans for the prospect pool. I wanted him to be there for us in the second round last year but you guys swiped him before we got to pick. With you also having Clarke I feel like you could move Grans.

We also could use some right shot forwards so Thomas is of interest to me. Or the 3rd round pick instead. I'd do it either way.

Dillon is 31 and third pairing defensemen.
He is not a partner for Doughty.
You will not get Grans alone for him.

Reactions: go4hockey and JKG33

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
Dillon is 31 and third pairing defensemen.
He is not a partner for Doughty.
You will not get Grans alone for him.

You're entitled to your opinion and it's clear you have no interest in Dillon, which is fine. It would be ideal if you could provide some facts or data to back it up though and speaking in certainties like "is not" or "will not" without any sort of rationale or back up makes you come across pretty abrasive, like you're personally offended by a fake trade proposal on a fake trade proposal message board.

He has played in the top 4 on the Jets, Caps and Sharks. He has 75 NHL playoff games under his belt. He is a defensive defenseman and a great addition to any team.

In my view there is nothing in his game that suggests that he is a bottom pair dman but since you've also watched him all season and are very sure of your assessment we'll just have to agree to disagree.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
You're entitled to your opinion and it's clear you have no interest in Dillon, which is fine. It would be ideal if you could provide some facts or data to back it up though and speaking in certainties like "is not" or "will not" without any sort of rationale or back up makes you come across pretty abrasive, like you're personally offended by a fake trade proposal on a fake trade proposal message board.

He has played in the top 4 on the Jets, Caps and Sharks. He has 75 NHL playoff games under his belt. He is a defensive defenseman and a great addition to any team.

In my view there is nothing in his game that suggests that he is a bottom pair dman but since you've also watched him all season and are very sure of your assessment we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Here is my short answer rejecting your proposed trade without going to details about Dillon.
Grans is the only Kings defensive prospect with size.
Dillon is 31 already.
Thank you for your proposal.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
The Kings have no need for this at all. There is plenty of offense coming from the blueline in short order. Its too expensive a luxury right now, as they are not a contender, possibly not even a playoff team.

The Kings have a ridiculous abundance of prospects, their best days are just down the road. Some fans seem to think that you need to have every single base covered and its just not true or realistic. Once they are a solid playoff team truly moving upward, sure fill a hole then. But if the goal is to compete for Cups you are going to want as many of those high-end, smart, two-way jam line drivers in your lineup as possible. That's how they'll win, not by adding a dozen goals from the left point at the expense of Turcotte, Bjornfot, Faber or Clarke - who could very well top the offense of any addition alone. Certainly not Byfield.
The lemmings who are ready to trade the farm for LD help after a week of decent hockey aren’t gonna like this take, no matter how logical it may be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad