Value of: Top pair LD to LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Basically the only guy rumoured to be available that fits that mold is Chychurn...finding a big, top-pairing calibre, youngish defenseman on a good contract is a pretty tall order, y'know? :laugh:

I'm guessing the Kings could actually get Chychurn without Byfield or Clarke, if the rumours of his availability are true. It would probably just cost several good pieces. But fortunately, I suppose, the Kings are probably near the best position in the league to move prospects, considering their depth.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Im not sure Lindgren has the points in him. I cant say that ive followed him, but is he likely to be an upgrade on someone like bjornfot?
He's a chip in opportunist on points. He has good mobility, not unicorn elite skating. But he does other important stuff. Truly defensively responsible. Clears the crease. Has demonstrated ability to be a partner for a 1A guy, Fox.

You don't just want a grand slam.
You want a Mantle outside the park 800 ft crushed cover off the ball guy.

Consider: overall complementary helps.
coupla guys are QB types
coupla guys have that shot
coupla guys clear the crease
etc etc
You might get lucky but chasing unicorns is extremely low percentage.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
He's a chip in opportunist on points. He has good mobility, not unicorn elite skating. But he does other important stuff. Truly defensively responsible. Clears the crease. Has demonstrated ability to be a partner for a 1A guy, Fox.

You don't just want a grand slam.
You want a Mantle outside the park 800 ft crushed cover off the ball guy.

Consider: overall complementary helps.
coupla guys are QB types
coupla guys have that shot
coupla guys clear the crease
etc etc
You might get lucky but chasing unicorns is extremely low percentage.

I guess i just dont know the guy enough to move the assetts that would be expected for the player that im asking for (does that make sense?) Ie turcotte +

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I guess i just dont know the guy enough to move the assetts that would be expected for the player that im asking for (does that make sense?) Ie turcotte +

you have not previously entertained the idea, so I have not finalized demand from this side.
But -- and again, take into account strong demand, many suitors on an open market -- a winning bid would prob be something like, at min:
Rangers 2nd + Lindgren
for
Kings 1st + Vilardi

keep in mind league wide most teams would have to kick in 1st to start their bidding.

there is some room for discussion if you can convince me that Vilardi is truly can't miss, and not just a good prospect, in which case I would ask why is he not even on the taxi squad, let alone that varsity atm?

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
you have not previously entertained the idea, so I have not finalized demand from this side.
But -- and again, take into account strong demand, many suitors on an open market -- a winning bid would prob be something like, at min:
Rangers 2nd + Lindgren
for
Kings 1st + Vilardi

keep in mind league wide most teams would have to kick in 1st to start their bidding.

there is some room for discussion if you can convince me that Vilardi is truly can't miss, and not just a good prospect, in which case I would ask why is he not even on the taxi squad, let alone that varsity atm?

Like i say, i dont know lindgren enough.

Perhaps one of my more learned fellow kings fans can contribute an opinion, but for me personally i dont know him enough to say that it is worth trading those assetts for, especially if he isn't an upgrade on our pretty good bearboy.

Reactions: bernmeister

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Ya the Kings could absolutely get Chychrun without giving up Clarke or Byfield honestly. They have a plethora of assets beyond those two especially for a team all in on the rebuild like Arizona.

LA 2022 1st, Turcotte, Vilardi, Kupari, Kalyiev, Durzi, Grans, Fagemo, Faber, Bjornfot...

I mean they have a lot of pieces.

LA 1st + Turcotte + Durzi for example would be an excellent package IMO.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Ya the Kings could absolutely get Chychrun without giving up Clarke or Byfield honestly. They have a plethora of assets beyond those two especially for a team all in on the rebuild like Arizona.

LA 2022 1st, Turcotte, Vilardi, Kupari, Kalyiev, Durzi, Grans, Fagemo, Faber, Bjornfot...

I mean they have a lot of pieces.

LA 1st + Turcotte + Durzi for example would be an excellent package IMO.
Switch Turcotte to someone that’s actually a good prospect, like Kalyiev, and add Grans to the offer.

Reactions: Nowotny

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Like i say, i dont know lindgren enough.

Perhaps one of my more learned fellow kings fans can contribute an opinion, but for me personally i dont know him enough to say that it is worth trading those assetts for, especially if he isn't an upgrade on our pretty good bearboy.

more than fair enuf
but whether it is Lindgren, Chych, etc remember
quality costs
anybody really good is gonna not be cheap at min and possibly expensive

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Soucy? He’s performed well in MN while in a Top 4 role, albeit he was paired with Brodin who makes all his partners look good. But he’s huge, fast and tough and can put up respectable numbers. Seems to be playing decent in Seattle and they have a lot of quality LHD (and not much else) so he may be more available than you think.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think the only truly untouchable is Byfield if a D-man is coming back.

Soucy? He’s performed well in MN while in a Top 4 role, albeit he was paired with Brodin who makes all his partners look good. But he’s huge, fast and tough and can put up respectable numbers. Seems to be playing decent in Seattle and they have a lot of quality LHD (and not much else) so he may be more available than you think.

Name comes up a lot on our forum and makes sense as he'd be a lot cheaper than the other possibilities, but he's also a little more of a gamble as far as a 'top pair' option.

LA at this point really needs a sure thing LHD that can transition from Doughty to whoever comes next, be it Clarke/Grans/Faber/Spence etc...which is why Chychrun (23) comes up a lot.

LA is absolutely stacked with "Vanilla stay at home LHD who can move the puck well" types in Anderson/Bjornfot/(Edler IR)/Wolanin/Maatta/Moverare and even the prospects like Kirsanov so they're ideally looking for someone a little more dynamic, a little more snarl, just something to differentiate abilities and can log minutes next to Doughty, slotting Anderson/Bjornfot down where they can crush it.

I love Mikey Anderson but I think he's a lot more like Willie Mitchell--he's staying afloat on the top pairing, but he's not necessarily ideal there. Not right now, anyway.

TLDR I don't think going after the highest of high end youth--like Werenski--is probable or possible due to cost. Really looking more for a Voynov/Muzzin type imo, a low-end #1/high-end #2 if that makes sense. I know values vary and that's a little vague. Chychrun is "perfect" but likely costs too much, OP is polling for guys slightly lower (that of course are damn impossible to find!)

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
No chance in hell I'm moving Vilardi + 1st for Lindgren, the guy's no different than Mikey Anderson.

Reactions: Guitpik

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
False. He plays a MUCH more physical game than Anderson.

Sure, but Lindgren on the top pair with Fox is the same as Anderson on the top pair with Doughty. Vilardi and a first for him is a huge ask that I'm not interested in paying.

Maybe a better comparison for Lindgren is Matt Roy.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Flyers would have to take a contract back to move Provorov to the Kings, no?

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
Flyers would have to take a contract back to move Provorov to the Kings, no?

Only for this season, Kings have a ton of cap space off the books next season. Olli Maatta coming back ($3 million) and then off the books after this season would work fine.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Only for this season, Kings have a ton of cap space off the books next season. Olli Maatta coming back ($3 million) and then off the books after this season would work fine.

Ah, okay. Was looking at him, but wasn't sure how desperate the Kings were for bodies on the left side. I guess the Flyers could also retain salary for the remainder of the season to make things work, though that'd affect trade cost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad