Value of: Top pair LD to LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Low chance though right? Anaheim should have plenty of gas to re-sign Hampus, both cap and actual revenue.
Ya we have a ton of cap space in the offseason(prob amongst top in league)..... so its just a matter of if hampus wants more than were comfortable paying, or if he doesnt like the direction of the team and wants to go somewhere else.

But he seems to like Socal a lot... so i wouldn't be shocked if he did go Free Agency route, that the kings would be able to get a shot at him.

From a ducks standpoint i hope he stays... hes such a great dmen... prob underrated league wide but so important to the team.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
For all that is holy to someone......

Please stop with selling the farm for something we don't need.
Our top 4 is as good as it gets
Anderson - Doughty
Bjornfoot - Clarke
3rd pairing will be xxx - Durzi
The last open spot is for the rookies to fight over and we have great ones coming up.
Grans and Faber alone have the potential to bump even one of the top guys down.

We shouldn't look at any trade giving up anything substantial for defense trades.
Offering 29 year olds for our top prospects is laughable at best

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
There are at present 8 defenders in the NHL that fit this description of being 6'2" or above, left-shot (assuming left side defender) and at 18 points on the year or above (~40 point pace for the year).

Hedman, Slavin, Sergachev, Dahlin, Fowler, Theodore, Werenski, Chabot.

I don't see how you land any of these players right now.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
you have not previously entertained the idea, so I have not finalized demand from this side.
But -- and again, take into account strong demand, many suitors on an open market -- a winning bid would prob be something like, at min:
Rangers 2nd + Lindgren
for
Kings 1st + Vilardi

keep in mind league wide most teams would have to kick in 1st to start their bidding.

there is some room for discussion if you can convince me that Vilardi is truly can't miss, and not just a good prospect, in which case I would ask why is he not even on the taxi squad, let alone that varsity atm?

How often have been now explained in several threads that Lindgren is not a target for the Kings?
And still you bring up the same old offers asking for outrageous returns.

If people tell you some parameters like age or size or whatever, those are minimal requirements.
You always pick people you don't want on your team and try to sell them to be close, even if not reaching the minimal requirements

Reactions: deaderhead28

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
There are at present 8 defenders in the NHL that fit this description of being 6'2" or above, left-shot (assuming left side defender) and at 18 points on the year or above (~40 point pace for the year).

I believe the only way for Kings could get young 6’2 or above left-shot elite defensemen is via trade while using their surplus of right-hand defensemen and centers prospects.
I think one on one trade or combinations of players should be good enough to accomplish this goal.
Those trades should be predicated on quality and not on quantity of players.

Centers:
Turcotte
Vilardi
Kupari
Right-hand defensemen:
Durzi
Grans
Spence

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

Yeah, i don't either.
This is why i advice to keep rebuilding and draft the players we need
especially already having all that in Clarke

Reactions: deaderhead28

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Are the Kings even realistically buyers? They're clinging on to a playoff spot atm in a weak division. A winning % of .577 is an improvement but I don't they should be shipping out prospects yet. Just stay the course they've been doing the right thing so far. Good thing Blake is smarter than an HF poster.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
How often have been now explained in several threads that Lindgren is not a target for the Kings?
And still you bring up the same old offers asking for outrageous returns.

If people tell you some parameters like age or size or whatever, those are minimal requirements.
You always pick people you don't want on your team and try to sell them to be close, even if not reaching the minimal requirements

Excuse me, but are you deigning to appoint yourself as the voice of all LAK posters here?

I correctly identified Lindgren was just short of height requirements and that led to a constructive discussion.

Too bad you
a) had nothing positive to contribute\
and
b) did not like it

And as to value, understand, if/when Lindy hits the market at 3 x 3, he will not go cheap

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Are the Kings even realistically buyers? They're clinging on to a playoff spot atm in a weak division. A winning % of .577 is an improvement but I don't they should be shipping out prospects yet. Just stay the course they've been doing the right thing so far. Good thing Blake is smarter than an HF poster.

Not 'deadline buyers' but 'longterm buyers' sure.

Kings are 10-4-1 in last 15 and 19-9-4 since horrible start so there's definitely a big upward trend despite one of the hardest schedules in the NHL and bigtime injury/covid losses.

I agree they still have to identify holes before jumping but to answer your first question yeah.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
The lemmings who are ready to trade the farm for LD help after a week of decent hockey aren’t gonna like this take, no matter how logical it may be.

I dont see why having a different opinion to your own equates to being a lemming.

Wanting a top pair LHD is far from a recent idea. Trading for a sure thing longterm solution of the right age group is hardly that controversial if the cost isnt exhorbitant.

We cant keep all of our prospects. Perhaps we need longer to assess what we have with each prospect (but they could lose their value as well as gain)

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
What top pair (or nearish) Lhd could be available for LA?

Ideally a durable 6'2 220 type guy that can put up some points. Under say 28yrs, and not with a crappy contract.

I'm not looking to move either Byfield or Clarke but everyone else can be discussed.

Whose moveable?
Seth Jones is your guy. Not sure if he's LH but he's got the pedigree. Offensive dman. Blackhawks want to trade him too. I'd target him but it'd require a massive return. Not sure if LA wants to do this. I like Chiarot in Montreal and Lindgren in NY. I think those are the types that LA should target. LA needs a defensive dman. Not so much an offensive one.

Reactions: bernmeister

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Blake has made it clear their going to be active in trade talks this season to improve the team.What that means no one knows.There isn't enough room for all the propects and some will be moved.But this thread isn't it.

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
It makes sense to make a deal for a long term hockey deal, unless someone believes that all 9 D prospects LA has are going to be #1-#4 D, and all F prospects will pan out and be top 6 material....

Every......single.......prospect.....
I think that's what LA is betting on. And it's not far fetched. Byfield will be top 6 as Turcotte will be top 6. Vilardi was sent back down but he's putting up the numbers. Clarke will be a top pairing d man. As for Faber and Grans, I'm not sure. Spence definitely has it though.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Excuse me, but are you deigning to appoint yourself as the voice of all LAK posters here?

I correctly identified Lindgren was just short of height requirements and that led to a constructive discussion.

Too bad you
a) had nothing positive to contribute\
and
b) did not like it

And as to value, understand, if/when Lindy hits the market at 3 x 3, he will not go cheap

I am no voice or speaker for any fan or the Kings organization.... i can't belive i am typing this out

With that said, you know the regular drill.
You are being shut down by 1 or 2 posters, then you demand a head count because you think you deal with nut cases
and get the same answer from other peeps who feel to answer your call

There is also the case that you always try the same, you take players from your organization that lost the spot to someone better.
It's also not enough to offer them one time and get a negative response, you try it over and over again with the same car salesman
tactics. You take players, that lost their spot to someone better and try to sell as if they would still fill out this position.

I will respond now as positive as i possibly can.
The Kings only need are scoring wingers, it would be extremely nice of you to consider that in the future.
A great way to improve offers would be if those winger score with a great attitude and positive mindset.
Scoring goals with a bad attitude are also welcome.
We also have to politely decline players that fall out of set parameters regardless by how much and feel it would be better to contact
the Rangers fanbase if we notice a player of interest.

Thank you for your time.

Truly yours,
An insignificant fan without connection or relation to anyone employed by the Kings organization

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

not for a rental IMO, but for someone like Chychun yes they should be Buyers. If the Flyers move Provorov, than him too

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

We are not buyers at all.
One reason why we are so far up is that the other teams have all their games delayed because of Covid.
If those guys catch up, we won't be 2nd anymore.
The game against the crippled Tampa Bay Lightnings also was a reality check.
We are still 3-4 years away from impact.
Our only realistic chance is keeping to develop the youngsters and see what happens.
We can cross the bridge of filling a need as a contender, when we get there

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
It makes sense to make a deal for a long term hockey deal, unless someone believes that all 9 D prospects LA has are going to be #1-#4 D, and all F prospects will pan out and be top 6 material....

Every......single.......prospect.....

This is not at all what the Kings are doing
I believe the Kings doing the right thing, they develop the youngsters and see where we are, when they reach young NHL players age.
Right now, the Kings would need like 9 long term hockey deals to create a playoff team.
Even with our riches we couldn't afford that.
And then we would have only created a team that can reach playoff, not winning the cup.

As much as it hurts, nothing will happen as long as 11,8,23 are on the roster

Reactions: kinghock

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
This is not at all what the Kings are doing
I believe the Kings doing the right thing, they develop the youngsters and see where we are, when they reach young NHL players age.
Right now, the Kings would need like 9 long term hockey deals to create a playoff team.
Even with our riches we couldn't afford that.
And then we would have only created a team that can reach playoff, not winning the cup.

As much as it hurts, nothing will happen as long as 11,8,23 are on the roster

LMAO yea, as long as a Selke award winnier, a Norris trophy winner are on the teams, the Kings will lose no matter what you do,

Of all the asinine things to say

Reactions: go4hockey and YP44

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
We are not buyers at all.
One reason why we are so far up is that the other teams have all their games delayed because of Covid.
If those guys catch up, we won't be 2nd anymore.
The game against the crippled Tampa Bay Lightnings also was a reality check.
We are still 3-4 years away from impact.
Our only realistic chance is keeping to develop the youngsters and see what happens.
We can cross the bridge of filling a need as a contender, when we get there

until last night LA was second in the pacific in points % as well. Not sure if that changed with Calgary's win and LA's loss. It is more likely than not LA will make the playoffs this year. Which is awesome. Does that mean blake should be a buyer, no. But if it is a core piece for 2+ years, than yes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad