Value of: Top pair LD to LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
LMAO yea, as long as a Selke award winnier, a Norris trophy winner are on the teams, the Kings will lose no matter what you do,

Of all the asinine things to say

You should say it how it is.
A former Selke and a former Norris.

They are closer to sitting on a park bench feeding ducks then to win those trophies again
Problem is they are getting paid for former glory which is blocking us from getting the right players at the right price

Reactions: kinghock

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
You should say it how it is.
A former Selke and a former Norris.

They are closer to sitting on a park bench feeding ducks then to win those trophies again
Problem is they are getting paid for former glory which is blocking us from getting the right players at the right price

They are definitely not blocking LA from getting the "right players at the right price"

Let me ask you this.....define the...right players...at the right price.

Reactions: go4hockey

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Honestly why not? Dahlin is a top D-man (not just top pair but be the top d on a team). him and drew together would be amazing. He has higher pedigree than Clarke or Turcotte. I would do that.
Cause the team isn't in a position to contend and trade away propects like Clarke.Clarke right now is off the table.The price that it would cost the Kings they can't afford right now.Dahlin at 21 is the perfect age,just not the price Kings can afford.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Cause the team isn't in a position to contend and trade away propects like Clarke.Clarke right now is off the table.The price that it would cost the Kings they can't afford right now.Dahlin at 21 is the perfect age,just not the price Kings can afford.

Why are we acting like Dahlin is 37 years old?

We can only PRAY that Clarke becomes what Dahlin IS....

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Honestly why not? Dahlin is a top D-man (not just top pair but be the top d on a team). him and drew together would be amazing. He has higher pedigree than Clarke or Turcotte. I would do that.

Please get real, Drew never going to be amazing again.
He is on decline and it is very fast one.
Did you hear about aging?

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
They are definitely not blocking LA from getting the "right players at the right price"

Let me ask you this.....define the...right players...at the right price.

I can do that for you

Biggest need 30+ goal scorers or 30+ goals scoring potential with size and speed.
Mindset like Laine or Ovechkin, goal scoring at any cost.
Think of Rantanen, Kucherov, Laine, Ovechkin
Do NOT think of Marner, Gudreau

Any prospect or youngster who has this potential should be our target.
The right price is 1vs 1 trade for our center prospects

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I can do that for you

Biggest need 30+ goal scorers or 30+ goals scoring potential with size and speed.
Mindset like Laine or Ovechkin, goal scoring at any cost.
Think of Rantanen, Kucherov, Laine, Ovechkin
Do NOT think of Marner, Gudreau

Any prospect or youngster who has this potential should be our target.
The right price is 1vs 1 trade for our center prospects

Ok...great,

How many of those players are available?

Reactions: YP44

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I am no voice or speaker for any fan or the Kings organization.... i can't belive i am typing this out

With that said, you know the regular drill.
You are being shut down by 1 or 2 posters, then you demand a head count because you think you deal with nut cases
and get the same answer from other peeps who feel to answer your call

There is also the case that you always try the same, you take players from your organization that lost the spot to someone better.
It's also not enough to offer them one time and get a negative response, you try it over and over again with the same car salesman
tactics. You take players, that lost their spot to someone better and try to sell as if they would still fill out this position.

I will respond now as positive as i possibly can.
The Kings only need are scoring wingers, it would be extremely nice of you to consider that in the future.
A great way to improve offers would be if those winger score with a great attitude and positive mindset.
Scoring goals with a bad attitude are also welcome.
We also have to politely decline players that fall out of set parameters regardless by how much and feel it would be better to contact
the Rangers fanbase if we notice a player of interest.

Thank you for your time.

Truly yours,
An insignificant fan without connection or relation to anyone employed by the Kings organization

You have a right to your opinion, and I will support that always, whether I agree with it or not.
Whether that opinion is subjective commentary or with more merit on some objective basis is something that needs to be examined on an instance by instance basis.

"The Kings only need are scoring wingers, it would be extremely nice of you to consider that in the future."
I was responding to a thread which specifically asked for a top LD to LA. Not a W.
If you disagree w/OP's premise that is fine, as again, you have a right to your opinion.
But anyone jumping down my throat for respecting OP's right to a courteous answer will get retort from me, so let those who would go there beware.

And as to the matter of Lindgren, one last time, I advised poster Lindgren was all LA was seeking as to a defensively solid LD w/good/good+ mobility. That is not car salesman speak. That is fact based on the eye test. I fully disclosed upfront that he is not a unicorn and is just short of the 6'1" if I remember height requirement. I said too bad b'c he is good value at start of a 3 x 3 deal.

Poster showed interest and an open mind to getting more on Lindgren.
Which is more than you are willing to do, apparently.

I do not have any desire to ram Lindgren down LA or anyone else's throat. I am interested in objectively discussing his market value, which likely varies from team to team w/differing needs and available assets.

The fact that this thread seeks "top pair LD" and Lindgren IS a top pair LD justifies his discussion here.
NY is happy to enjoy him for now and move him if as appears necessary soon when we will need cap $ for LaF, Kakko, etc.

He will obv not get, nor should he, what a lefty Parayko would command, but he wll get signif more than a 1st from somewhere. That we are moving him does not mean we are moving lesser asset to replace with better, although there is nothing wrong in that.

The door is open if ya wanna be reasonable.
If not, fine, you do you.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
You have a right to your opinion, and I will support that always, whether I agree with it or not.
Whether that opinion is subjective commentary or with more merit on some objective basis is something that needs to be examined on an instance by instance basis.

"The Kings only need are scoring wingers, it would be extremely nice of you to consider that in the future."
I was responding to a thread which specifically asked for a top LD to LA. Not a W.
If you disagree w/OP's premise that is fine, as again, you have a right to your opinion.
But anyone jumping down my throat for respecting OP's right to a courteous answer will get retort from me, so let those who would go there beware.

And as to the matter of Lindgren, one last time, I advised poster Lindgren was all LA was seeking as to a defensively solid LD w/good/good+ mobility. That is not car salesman speak. That is fact based on the eye test. I fully disclosed upfront that he is not a unicorn and is just short of the 6'1" if I remember height requirement. I said too bad b'c he is good value at start of a 3 x 3 deal.

Poster showed interest and an open mind to getting more on Lindgren.
Which is more than you are willing to do, apparently.

I do not have any desire to ram Lindgren down LA or anyone else's throat. I am interested in objectively discussing his market value, which likely varies from team to team w/differing needs and available assets.

The fact that this thread seeks "top pair LD" and Lindgren IS a top pair LD justifies his discussion here.
NY is happy to enjoy him for now and move him if as appears necessary soon when we will need cap $ for LaF, Kakko, etc.

He will obv not get, nor should he, what a lefty Parayko would command, but he wll get signif more than a 1st from somewhere. That we are moving him does not mean we are moving lesser asset to replace with better, although there is nothing wrong in that.

The door is open if ya wanna be reasonable.
If not, fine, you do you.

I can be reasonable.
With that said, i believe the Kings would make their 1st pick only available for star potential
So the 1st is off the table.

But i would say you can pick freely from our 23 + age range in any combination to get the talks started

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I can be reasonable.
With that said, i believe the Kings would make their 1st pick only available for star potential
So the 1st is off the table.

But i would say you can pick freely from our 23 + age range in any combination to get the talks started

Again, I am respecting both guidelines, here differing ones betw you and the OP.

Are you saying now you are of an open mind on Lindgren if, in your view the price is right?
If no, thanks in adv for the confirmation.
If yes, I am open with an open mind and the x factor here is what is Lindgren's value on the open market.

Once we have a ballpark consensus of what that is, then we can talk LA currency and see if that is more or less appealing than other currency.

See, I too can be reasonable. ... and dare to think I usually am.

EDIT ADD: just to be clear, I don't expect Lindgren to get a ridiculous haul/overpay, but I do believe a young, clear the crease effective D who is sufficiently mobile on 3 x 3 is not gonna be cheap. He will command at least handful of teams competitive bidding.
Once we figure out what that is, that is your starting pt

Also, while vilardi is not written in stone, and that can be a flexible open discussion, I think to be a serious bid he would likely have to be a core piece to NY.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I guess you do not believe your own eyes…

I believe Drew is still a top pair D. Is he overpaid yes, but there are not many D-cores out there that could not use a Drew Doughty.
If you think he is not, is that not more reason to go for Dahlin? Not that he is available IMO anyway.

Reactions: go4hockey

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
I believe Drew is still a top pair D. Is he overpaid yes, but there are not many D-cores out there that could not use a Drew Doughty.
If you think he is not, is that not more reason to go for Dahlin? Not that he is available IMO anyway.

I am afraid price for Dahlin is going to be too much assets to give.
Kings have Clarke and Farber and should be ok.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Again, I am respecting both guidelines, here differing ones betw you and the OP.

Are you saying now you are of an open mind on Lindgren if, in your view the price is right?
If no, thanks in adv for the confirmation.
If yes, I am open with an open mind and the x factor here is what is Lindgren's value on the open market.

Once we have a ballpark consensus of what that is, then we can talk LA currency and see if that is more or less appealing than other currency.

See, I too can be reasonable. ... and dare to think I usually am.

EDIT ADD: just to be clear, I don't expect Lindgren to get a ridiculous haul/overpay, but I do believe a young, clear the crease effective D who is sufficiently mobile on 3 x 3 is not gonna be cheap. He will command at least handful of teams competitive bidding.
Once we figure out what that is, that is your starting pt

Also, while vilardi is not written in stone, and that can be a flexible open discussion, I think to be a serious bid he would likely have to be a core piece to NY.

I would say you get a better deal on the open market as you intend.

I believe in real hockey trades only, where someone has to much of what i need and vice versa.
As soon as it turns into prying stuff out of someone's hands i am out.
Like i said now a couple of times, our only need is sniping goal scorer prospects or established young players.
I would love to trade for Holtz but the Devils are in the same position as us and don't need centers.

Defense is right now not on the priority list since we already have a great core and nice prospects are knocking the door.
I am also convinced that our opinions of the "right price" are to far apart for negotiations.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

I don't think the issue is the overpayment.
He could make 3 millons and i still would have problems with him.

It's just that he loses every footrace against absolutely everyone and his slapshot is simply not NHL level anymore.
I agree all that has been on elite level at some point but this is long time ago

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
What top pair (or nearish) Lhd could be available for LA?

Ideally a durable 6'2 220 type guy that can put up some points. Under say 28yrs, and not with a crappy contract.

I'm not looking to move either Byfield or Clarke but everyone else can be discussed.

Whose moveable?

Canucks can trade you a slightly used OEL for future consideration

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I would say you get a better deal on the open market as you intend.

I believe in real hockey trades only, where someone has to much of what i need and vice versa.
As soon as it turns into prying stuff out of someone's hands i am out.
Like i said now a couple of times, our only need is sniping goal scorer prospects or established young players.
I would love to trade for Holtz but the Devils are in the same position as us and don't need centers.

Defense is right now not on the priority list since we already have a great core and nice prospects are knocking the door.
I am also convinced that our opinions of the "right price" are to far apart for negotiations.
thank you and that was nice and civil and fine

to the extent something changes and we may have pieces worth discussing we can go there then, until then peace out

I do reserve my right to follow up with others, including other LAK fans, including those who may disagree w/you on Lindgren, just to show an open mind, but I am expecting the open market will fetch the highest price.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Ya the Kings could absolutely get Chychrun without giving up Clarke or Byfield honestly. They have a plethora of assets beyond those two especially for a team all in on the rebuild like Arizona.

LA 2022 1st, Turcotte, Vilardi, Kupari, Kalyiev, Durzi, Grans, Fagemo, Faber, Bjornfot...

I mean they have a lot of pieces.

LA 1st + Turcotte + Durzi for example would be an excellent package IMO.
why not trade Byfield and keep all those pieces. Teams win with depth so trading 3 or 4 good prospects instead of one hurts their depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad