Value of: Top pair LD to LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I acknowledge that Dahlin was 21 years old,but I wouldn't give up Clarke for him in a trade.Find another reasonable trade package not including Clarke.

So...you wouldn't give up Clarke....who is an unknown.....for a sure thing in 21 year old Dahlin?

Tell me, how can you be sure Clarke isn't the next Griffin Reinhart?

Reactions: funky and YP44

member 334057

How about Dahlin for Turcotte and Clarke?
No chance Buffalo does this, makes almost no sense for them. He's shown steady improvement this season, and still has a high ceiling with plenty more development time. Trading him for 2 more lottery tickets (good prospects aren't always sure fire NHLers) just drags the rebuild along even slower. Sabres already have Cozens, Krebs, Mittelstadt and Thompson at center for the future along with any they take in this years draft, and Turcotte isn't necessarily better than any of them.

The Sabres are at the point where they may need to package quantity for quality soon, not quality for more quantity.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Yeah, i don't either.
This is why i advice to keep rebuilding and draft the players we need
especially already having all that in Clarke

I think our current situation, we can afford to wait for Clarke for 2 years. If we really need a LHD, we can get one for cheap like a cap casualty like how we signed guys like Mitchell and Scuderi in the past. And by 2 years (including this season) it's likely at least one if not two of our young LHD will mature a bit and step up a bit. I have faith in Bjornfot.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I think our current situation, we can afford to wait for Clarke for 2 years. If we really need a LHD, we can get one for cheap like a cap casualty like how we signed guys like Mitchell and Scuderi in the past. And by 2 years (including this season) it's likely at least one if not two of our young LHD will mature a bit and step up a bit. I have faith in Bjornfot.

or we end up signing another Maatta

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
or we end up signing another Maatta

I think the Maatta thing was because we only had Clague and he was behind the curve. Now that we have quite a few youngsters about to emerge or just emerging, we won't need a short-term borderline NHL vet guy as we'd rather play a long-term borderline NHL young guy with upside.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I think the Maatta thing was because we only had Clague and he was behind the curve. Now that we have quite a few youngsters about to emerge or just emerging, we won't need a short-term borderline NHL vet guy as we'd rather play a long-term borderline NHL young guy with upside.

at the time of the signing many were saying, Why we have clague.
I agree LA does not need a short term NHL vet guy, but a longer term young guy with upside would be a great get.

The Lukeman

Opinionated
Apr 7, 2019
On Jakob Chychrun, if he comes to LA, I gotta think 1 of Mikey Anderson and Toby Bjornfot is going back the other way. It fulfills a need Arizona is asking for (Young NHL player) and they play the same role in LA (2nd line defensive LD). Some Kings fans might not agree, but they are competing for the same spot and I think only 1 is going to be part of the future.

For me, that brings the package to a 2022 1st + Anderson OR Bjornfot + 1 Blue chip prospect

LA is loaded with quality prospects. Chychrun is exactly what Rob Blake says the team needs. Seems like a fit for both teams.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
This package offered by a Kings fan earlier in the thread is a lot closer....

Provorov

For

Maatta
Turcotte
Bjornfot
LA 2022 1st
Similar in value.

I don't think Turcotte is seen as valuable as he once was tbh but I don't think other teams are aware of that.

Maatta is big negative value but he's a UFA so-

Also Mikey Anderson is much better than Bjornfot.

Reactions: Dooble08

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
So...you wouldn't give up Clarke....who is an unknown.....for a sure thing in 21 year old Dahlin?

Tell me, how can you be sure Clarke isn't the next Griffin Reinhart?
That's why I wouldn't give him up,cause we don't know his ceiling.Thanks for the help.:laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: kinghock

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
the reality is outside of Byfield and Clarke, the kings next tier of prospects probably isnt getting you that upper tier potential LD unless quite a few of them are combined.
Unlike some of fellow Kings fans,I don't care about making trades at this time.I rather ride out the season and see what Kings have in propects then make the moves in the offseason.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Yep....I'm saying, why gamble, when you have sure thing in Dahlin....not that he is for trade etc, but when you have that, you 100% for the sure thing, every day and twice on Sunday
Cause it's bad asset management to include Clarke at this time.Plus we can't empty the propect pool just for one player.If a deal can be had for a reasonable trade sure,but Byfield,Clarke are off the table.If a deal can't be had,then so be it.I rather keep our propects evaluate them and make moves in the offseason.

Reactions: kinghock

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
why not trade Byfield and keep all those pieces. Teams win with depth so trading 3 or 4 good prospects instead of one hurts their depth.

Because the Kings have absolutely zero problem developing NHLers/Just-A-Guys, arguably better than any other team at that. What they're short on is elite scoring talent.

The pool runs legitimately up to 30 prospects deep of guys who could be JAGs, they're not all going to stick--we need to keep the ones that can be elite. In short Quality > Quantity for the Kings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad