Speculation: Tomas Hertl

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I mean sure, but also they're great at drafting higher-end talents. Kucherov was drafted in the 2nd-round as is better than anyone the Sharks have ever drafted. Plus, they hit on players like Palat, Point, Killorn, Cirelli with decent regularity.

Who's the last first-rounder they had that truly busted? Drouin disappointed (and Tampa certainly got their money's worth on him), but before that maybe Koekkoek...
Howden. Also no one knows what’s going to come from either of the Footes not to mention they trade away a lot of their firsts. Depending on your view of Deangelo (good player but bad attitude) it’s easy to say they haven’t hit on a player in the first round in almost ten years.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Howden. Also no one knows what’s going to come from either of the Footes not to mention they trade away a lot of their firsts. Depending on your view of Deangelo (good player but bad attitude) it’s easy to say they haven’t hit on a player in the first round in almost ten years.

Howden is an NHLer. Coming out of the late first it is hard to call him a bust.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I mean bandwagon is great but tell Sweeny to pony up whatever youve got at the bottom of that prospect barrel if you want him

I think in addition to the prospect(s) and picks, DeBrusk would have to be in the trade to help fit Hertl's salary. Something like Stud, DeBrusk, and a 1st. A 2nd line of Hall -- Hertl -- Pasta would be fun to watch.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I think in addition to the prospect(s) and picks, DeBrusk would have to be in the trade to help fit Hertl's salary. Something like Stud, DeBrusk, and a 1st. A 2nd line of Hall -- Hertl -- Pasta would be fun to watch.
For a deadline deal with no extension I think that would be pretty fair. Debrusk and Stud arent of much value to the sharks, but I get you have to balance salary needs

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
You are going to give all that up for a soon to be FA .......... awful

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
You are going to give all that up for a soon to be FA .......... awful

Gotta pay to play. Hertl makes the Bruins a SC contender again. Hertl is in the prime of his career and there isn't anyone in the Bruins pipeline currently that is projected to be as good as him. A 1st and a prospect minimum is what i expect Hertl to go for. DeBrusk is in there to make the salaries closer to even since the Bruins are up against the cap. And just because he's FA doesn't mean Sweeney can't resign him, which is one of his stronger abilities as a gm.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Clearly you’ve never watched hockey before if you’re shocked a team would gamble big on an elite player for a deep cup run.
They almost always pay a pretty average price for top players. 1st. B level prospect. Cap dump player.

Hertl has a 3 team NTC as well and can veto any deal he doesn't like.

The bidding war won't be big.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
They almost always pay a pretty average price for top players. 1st. B level prospect. Cap dump player.

Hertl has a 3 team NTC as well and can veto any deal he doesn't like.

The bidding war won't be big.
Something tells me waiving won’t be an issue. Now getting him to sign an extension is another thing altogether.

Mantha went for a top 6 player, a first and a second. Hertl is twice the player mantha is.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Something tells me waiving won’t be an issue. Now getting him to sign an extension is another thing altogether.
If a team like Colorado wants him and a team like lets say Minnesota also wants him at the deadline, and Minnesota is willing to give the Sharks more in trade......Hertl is going to Colorado.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
If a team like Colorado wants him and a team like lets say Minnesota also wants him at the deadline, and Minnesota is willing to give the Sharks more in trade......Hertl is going to Colorado.
Why do you think that? Because Colorado has McKinnon and Makar? I think you underestimate everything else about hockey that would factor in. Plus, SJ isn’t under any obligation to trade him.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Why do you think that? Because Colorado has McKinnon and Makar? I think you underestimate everything else about hockey that would factor in. Plus, SJ isn’t under any obligation to trade him.

Because he's going to want to go to a contender. I seriously doubt he waives to go to a team fighting for 8th down the playoff stretch.

Sure, SJ doesn't have to trade him but they will, because they won't want to let him walk for nothing in the offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad