Speculation: Tomas Hertl

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
If I’m Hertl I’m determined on going to free agency. Sure SJ will deal him at the deadline if they know it’s his intent to move on, but it’s obviously going to lower his price a bit because he being traded as a rental.
This will be the the optimum time in Hertl s career to pick the best spot going for him on a contender. NYR, LV, Minn, Bos etc are all better options the SJ in terms of competing for a cup in the next 3-5 years. Odds are, Hertl will want a prominent top 2C role and a handsome raise.
The sharks are in a weird position, they can’t go into a full rebuild because of some of the guys they have signed, but they aren’t good enough as constructed to make noise in the postseason. Not to mention the nonsense with Kane that has come to light now. If I’m Hertl, I’m weighing my options very carefully
Hertl to Boston is something I could see.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
On TSN 690 they reported the supposed ask for Hertl is:

1st
Top prospect
NHL ready/player who plays Centre or D

Basically the Paccioretty ask but upgrading the 2nd to a 1st, sounds fair if it comes with an extension.

Sens offer:

Brannstrom
L. Brown
Tierney
2022 2nd
Conditional 2023 1st**

**if Hertl re-signs in Ottawa

SJ gets a top Swedish D prospect to grow with Eklund (they could also use a D prospect and Brannstrom would benefit a ton by learning from EK65), an NHL ready C prospect with a ton of skill in Brown, a familiar bottom 6 C in Tierney, and a 2nd for one year of Hertl. They get an additional 1st round pick if he stays in Ottawa. Really think Hertl would fit well with this group. I mean he'd fit in any group but he's the kind of player you spend assets to get and I hope Dorion tries. Also realistically the situation in SJ would have to be bad enough that he waives for Ottawa lol

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Sens offer:

Brannstrom
L. Brown
Tierney
2022 2nd
Conditional 2023 1st**

SJ gets a top Swedish D prospect to grow with Eklund (they could also use a D prospect and Brannstrom would benefit a ton by learning from EK65), an NHL ready C prospect with a ton of skill in Brown, a familiar bottom 6 C in Tierney, and a 2nd for one year of Hertl. They get an additional 1st round pick if he stays in Ottawa. Really think Hertl would fit well with this group. I mean he'd fit in any group but he's the kind of player you spend assets to get and I hope Dorion tries. Also realistically the situation in SJ would have to be bad enough that he waives for Ottawa lol
Switch to 2022 1st and conditional 2nd in 2023

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Sens offer:

Brannstrom
L. Brown
Tierney
2022 2nd
Conditional 2023 1st**

Hertl is the type of player one spends assets to get
Try offering up some of real value and of need for the Sharks

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Sens offer:

Brannstrom
L. Brown
Tierney
2022 2nd
Conditional 2023 1st**

You cannot make picks conditional on re-signing anymore with the revised CBA.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
On TSN 690 they reported the supposed ask for Hertl is:

1st
Top prospect
NHL ready/player who plays Centre or D

Basically the Paccioretty ask but upgrading the 2nd to a 1st, sounds fair if it comes with an extension.
Lmao. That’s absolutely hack reporting. That’s just what Kurz said the Sharks would probably want in a return, IE him speculating, yesterday.

Friedman also reported DW has told other GMs to stop calling about him because they’re trying to get a contract done when he gets back to SJ as he is at home in the Czech Republic right now.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
No disrespect to sharks fans but I really hope hertl won’t resign if the sharks possible future of mediocrity->->-> delayed rebuild is solidified this year, I hate seeing talent wasted on bad situations, I love talent congregating together on well managed team (the bolts were super fun this past playoffs for those not consumed by conspiracy drowned in vinegar), some team with talent now trade futures to the sharks and load up w hertl, idk the Bruins assets but if hertl makes clear he wants out I doubt the sharks can demand too much

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Hertl wants UFA status so he can get the big bucks elsewhere. That will drive his value down unless he gets traded to a team he likes and wants to stay with.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
You can't condition a pick on re-signing anymore. And personally, I'm alright with top-3 protecting a 1st round pick in a Hertl trade but I'm not conditioning it on anything but for a team that doesn't have a legitimate C or RHD prospect to offer, you need to start with two 1st round picks.
Wait what?? Since when did they change it?

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
It's my 6th Coors Light
Only 6?

thumb.jpg

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
No disrespect to sharks fans but I really hope hertl won’t resign if the sharks possible future of mediocrity->->-> delayed rebuild is solidified this year, I hate seeing talent wasted on bad situations, I love talent congregating together on well managed team (the bolts were super fun this past playoffs for those not consumed by conspiracy drowned in vinegar), some team with talent now trade futures to the sharks and load up w hertl, idk the Bruins assets but if hertl makes clear he wants out I doubt the sharks can demand too much
And we as Sharks fans like seeing the player we drafted who has been the sole bright spot on this team for three years and an absolute joy to watch before that stay with us for his career. Despite what other fans think of our future

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
And we as Sharks fans like seeing the player we drafted who has been the sole bright spot on this team for three years and an absolute joy to watch before that stay with us for his career. Despite what other fans think of our future
What do Sharks fans think about Kane being a distraction in the locker room? Core players want him gone, Doug Wilson hasn't moved Kane yet so what's going to give? It's a disaster down there and the owner appears to be a German billionaire that has no interest in having a good season.

It's incredible how fast the league turned into a simple business. I think everybody down there is hanging onto their jobs looking up at ownership seeing nobody there.

Here's what I found on the Wikipedia of Hasson Platner, owner of the Sharks, "The absentee owner rarely has been seen in the San Jose area over the years." The tone at the top is terrible, and it's not surprising the locker room has tension. I hope the genuine hockey fans in San Jose get an interested owner.

Last edited:
Reactions: amethyst

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Hertl is the type of player one spends assets to get
Try offering up some of real value and of need for the Sharks
I look at SJ blue line and.... Yeah there are what, 3 defencemen better than Brannstrom right now? And all 3 are in their 30s. I like Ferraro but Brannstrom still projects to be the better player. Looks like high end young D is a need for SJ. Which other D prospects are other teams offering for 1 year if Hertl that are better than Brannstrom? Serious question.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
I look at SJ blue line and.... Yeah there are what, 3 defencemen better than Brannstrom right now? And all 3 are in their 30s. I like Ferraro but Brannstrom still projects to be the better player. Looks like high end young D is a need for SJ. Which other D prospects are other teams offering for 1 year if Hertl that are better than Brannstrom? Serious question.
How about ones who can actually defend?
Those over 30 guys are locked up for years and Brannstrom isn't a good line partner for either one. So he's stuck playing the 3rd line with Vlassic. What possible interest could the Sens have in a 1 year rental?

Reactions: themelkman

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I think you just made that up.

John scott? I can't remember but some x shark was saying on a podcast that the current core was upset that they took discounts and the new guys didn't. It was causing locker-room issues.
I am pretty sure I read it these forums somewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad