Speculation: Tomas Hertl

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I'll just say this. Far to many here are looking for the perfect deal for their team. 1st one identifies just the right player and of course manages to acquire them for just the player(s) they want/willing to part with.
That plus overvaluing their own players (which we do as well, so I’m not absolving us)

Reactions: Groo

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
2022 Canes 1st unprotected
2022 Habs 2nd
2022 Canes 3rd
conditional 2023 Habs 1st (top 3 protected) if he signs

You can't condition a pick on re-signing anymore. And personally, I'm alright with top-3 protecting a 1st round pick in a Hertl trade but I'm not conditioning it on anything but for a team that doesn't have a legitimate C or RHD prospect to offer, you need to start with two 1st round picks.

Goalfield13

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
You can't condition a pick on re-signing anymore. And personally, I'm alright with top-3 protecting a 1st round pick in a Hertl trade but I'm not conditioning it on anything but for a team that doesn't have a legitimate C or RHD prospect to offer, you need to start with two 1st round picks.

Oh I didn't know that.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
What's SJ's appetite for keeping him in the division?

If they're renting Hertl out, they're pretty much out of competing for a good while so I don't care but I understand why others would. It's going to suck one way or the other. But the ask is still the same. A legitimate center or rhd prospect or two 1st round picks is the starting point.

Reactions: Volica and Groo

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Depends what your paying. If Vegas offers Krebs and no one offers a better prospect id do it

Basically it would probably be biggest bidder wins, unless they are close then you probably paying more
I'd rather trade him to Philly for Martin Jones than see him succeed in Vegas.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Is Hertl getting traded?

Sounds like Evander Kane has turned the locker room against himself. It's the same coaching staff and core group as last year so I bet it'll be awkward and anxious for Sharks players.

Last edited:

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Is he getting traded? Sounds like Kane has turned the locker room against him. It's the same coaching staff and core group as last year so I bet it'll be awkward and anxious for Sharks players.
Did you get that backwards? It seems Kane is the one who's unpopular in the locker room

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Did you get that backwards? It seems Kane is the one who's unpopular in the locker room
Yes that's quite a confusing post. Core players in SJ began disliking Kane last season. Although in TheAthletic, Hertl said he'll start the season and see how it goes.

Hertl controls the situation long-term, but GM Doug Wilson apparently wants to compete. Yet he does nothing while there's issues in his locker room.

Get Kane out so you can have a serious conversation about competing OR attempt to fix the situation in your locker room with a coaching change.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
If I’m Hertl I’m determined on going to free agency. Sure SJ will deal him at the deadline if they know it’s his intent to move on, but it’s obviously going to lower his price a bit because he being traded as a rental.
This will be the the optimum time in Hertl s career to pick the best spot going for him on a contender. NYR, LV, Minn, Bos etc are all better options the SJ in terms of competing for a cup in the next 3-5 years. Odds are, Hertl will want a prominent top 2C role and a handsome raise.
The sharks are in a weird position, they can’t go into a full rebuild because of some of the guys they have signed, but they aren’t good enough as constructed to make noise in the postseason. Not to mention the nonsense with Kane that has come to light now. If I’m Hertl, I’m weighing my options very carefully

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

Didn't Hertl lead a crusade against Kane and EK because they got paid?
I don't think he is getting the return people are expecting

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Is Hertl getting traded?

Sounds like Evander Kane has turned the locker room against himself. It's the same coaching staff and core group as last year so I bet it'll be awkward and anxious for Sharks players.

Same coaching staff……

Sharks should hire Big Buff as an Associate Coach…… He knows how to handle Kane!

or

Big Buff as a player coach ( Reggie Dunlop style) as San Jose needs another over paid / past their prime / ex superstar defence man taking up more cap space on their team!!!

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Didn't Hertl lead a crusade against Kane and EK because they got paid?
I don't think he is getting the return people are expecting
Where did you hear that from? Because they got paid or for their lackadaisical approach to the game/team?
Ideally ya want your highest paid stars to lead the way and set the examples

Reactions: Guttersniped

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Same coaching staff……

Sharks should hire Big Buff as an Associate Coach…… He knows how to handle Kane!

or

Big Buff as a player coach ( Reggie Dunlop style) as San Jose needs another over paid / past their prime / ex superstar defence man taking up more cap space on their team!!!
Or hire Torts

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I believe one of the more reputable posters on the Bruins board had 1st+DeBrusk+Beecher as an offer from the Bruins.

Honestly seems kinda low. I feel like I would pretty easily offer more from the Sens without batting an eye. Not a horrible offer by any means, but I would be surprised if they couldn't get a better offer. And I like both players involved.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Honestly seems kinda low. I feel like I would pretty easily offer more from the Sens without batting an eye. Not a horrible offer by any means, but I would be surprised if they couldn't get a better offer. And I like both players involved.
Agreed. Contrary to what many of our posters believe, I don't think the Bruins have the assets to trade for a big name player. Prospect pool is too weak. And it's tough to get a read on Beecher's real value since he's playing a shutdown role on this stacked Michigan team.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Agreed. Contrary to what many of our posters believe, I don't think the Bruins have the assets to trade for a big name player. Prospect pool is too weak. And it's tough to get a read on Beecher's real value since he's playing a shutdown role on this stacked Michigan team.

I would value Beecher approximately as much as Tampas 1st, probably, but I do suspect there is a wide range on how folks value him. At the lowest, I would guess a mid 2nd. At the highest... would one of the teams who were willing to spend a 10th-20th overall pick on T. Boucher see a similar value in Beecher (obviously different players, but both "niche" players with some hard-to-find qualities)? The difficult part of that proposal is that it requires that the Sharks are high on Debrusk AND on Beecher. Also, there are probably other teams willing to offer an unprotected 1st rounder and that really may be the thing that swings a deal. Obviously the Bruins aren't a playoff lock, but I feel like they are pretty close.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
On TSN 690 they reported the supposed ask for Hertl is:

1st
Top prospect
NHL ready/player who plays Centre or D

Basically the Paccioretty ask but upgrading the 2nd to a 1st, sounds fair if it comes with an extension.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad