Recalled/Assigned: Tinordi sent down (March 29. 2013)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
McDonough probably becomes a difference last year and doesn't allow us to draft AS high and get Galchenyuk..

Just sayin

This has to stop. Like right now. So the fact that we sucked at trades, made us better so we must praised that trade?

Great, so trade Plekanec, Gallagher, Pacioretty and Price for a CONDITIONAL 7th round....

That way, we'll sure to be top 3....:shakehead

hogtownhabsfan*

This has to stop. Like right now. So the fact that we sucked at trades, made us better so we must praised that trade?

Great, so trade Plekanec, Gallagher, Pacioretty and Price for a CONDITIONAL 7th round....

That way, we'll sure to be top 3....:shakehead

Huh?

The simple reality is we don't likely get Galchenyuk without the Gomez deal. Not defending the trade it's just the reality of the situation.

hogtownhabsfan*

Glad everyone is catching on as to why I had him as our top D prospect all these years.

Oleg Petrov

Jun 15, 2008
Gomez Trade

If you had a crystal ball before the Gomez trade that told you if you make that trade:

1) You will make the conference final the following season.

and

2) Ryan McDonagh will be a Top 4 dman in the NHL for the next 12 years.

You still make that trade every time.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
If you had a crystal ball before the Gomez trade that told you if you make that trade:

and

How so? Appearing in a Conference final doesn't mean anything.

Bullsmith

May 21, 2007
If they're auditioning Tinordi for a #7 depth position going into the playoffs, you gotta think they're hoping to see more from him like this. In isolation I'd like to see him finish his year in Hamilton and put on some bulk before trying to make the team next season. But I can pretty easily see him ending up playing some games this year. Maybe a lot of them.

Oleg Petrov

Jun 15, 2008
No, it really doesn't, especially for this franchise.

Maybe it means something to money loving owners, but as a fan, and I'm sure as a player, it means jack****.

Look how I phrased the question.

You are a GM and you know if you pull the Gomez deal you make the conference final, you do it every, single time.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Me likey! Didn't expect the so called hype about his skating vs size to be true. Folks, we have another winner! Smart too! I want him to chase DD around the ice, with a slice of bread in each hand, while murmuring "numm numms" :laugh:

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I'm glad Tinodi looked good. I need a new jersey soon and I'd love to get one of a defenseman. I'll obviously wait and see til he makes the team full time, but me likey!

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I'm glad Tinodi looked good. I need a new jersey soon and I'd love to get one of a defenseman. I'll obviously wait and see til he makes the team full time, but me likey!

Yeah, I'd wait, I doubt he goes with #42 when he's full-time.

VL55

Aug 12, 2010
Montreal
Maybe it means something to money loving owners, but as a fan, and I'm sure as a player, it means jack****.

What, are you serious?

It is allowed to have fun even if your team did not win the cup, you know.

Sure, the 93 cup was my best memory as a fan, but the ECF run was also pretty damn fun. And I'm also having fun right now.

If you don't enjoy such moments, being a fan of a sports team will bring you far more misery than joy.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
What, are you serious?

It is allowed to have fun even if your team did not win the cup, you know.

Sure, the 93 cup was my best memory as a fan, but the ECF run was also pretty damn fun. And I'm also having fun right now.

If you don't enjoy such moments, being a fan of a sports team will bring you far more misery than joy.

Of course I had fun watching them beat Washington and Pittsburgh. But the Cup is the only thing that matters in the end.

Those were special circumstances though. There was no hope of beating either team. But once they did we were all filled with hope, especially against an "inferior" Flyers team, and they got crushed. That's not fun to me.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Of course I had fun watching them beat Washington and Pittsburgh. But the Cup is the only thing that matters in the end.

Those were special circumstances though. There was no hope of beating either team. But once they did we were all filled with hope, especially against an "inferior" Flyers team, and they got crushed. That's not fun to me.

The road to the cup can also be exciting, I love watching us in the playoffs even if we end up getting knocked out. Winning is by far the most important, but it's not all about winning, it's about being entertained, watching our players mature in the playoffs (the Gally's this year) and enjoying the game too. You must be really fun to watch games with :help:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The road to the cup can also be exciting, I love watching us in the playoffs even if we end up getting knocked out. Winning is by far the most important, but it's not all about winning, it's about being entertained, watching our players mature in the playoffs (the Gally's this year) and enjoying the game too. You must be really fun to watch games with :help:

suum cuique

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I just stumbled upon this picture on the OHL website, he looks like a maniac on that one.

2012%20OHL%20Championship%20-%20152108.jpg

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

and

Are you for real? Why the **** does a conference final warrant giving away a great prospect? Esp since we would've made that conference final with or without Gomez?

A cup I could understand but a conference final? That's just flat out stupid...
Yes it does.

pKnRM.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad