Recalled/Assigned: Tinordi sent down (March 29. 2013)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PricePkPatch*

They mentioned on AC last night that apparently, Chiarelli was really high on that guy. It's exactly the sort of player Bruins crave.

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
I think Tinordi will replace Boo next season on the left side of the bottom pairing. Probably play with Diaz.

Markov Emelin
Gorges PK
Tinordi Diaz

Every single D there is someone we've developed. No FAs. Crazy.
EDIT: Except Gorges, but I feel like his time in San Jose is more or less irrelevant.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
I love his skating. There were a few posters trying to say that he'll be like Gill but his mobility will make him a legit #4 when he fills out his frame.

He as flying out there. I had to wonder if it wasn't just the beer goggles that saw a giant hulking defenseman skate so fast for an icing.

25th

Jul 11, 2009
Aylmer beach, Qc
First time I saw him play yesterday. I just don't get the Gill comp we can read here and there. Tinordi can skate, doesn't panic when he has the puck and he manage to join the rush during his first NHL game.

He may not be the next Robinson but enough with the Gill reference please.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
They mentioned on AC last night that apparently, Chiarelli was really high on that guy. It's exactly the sort of player Bruins crave.

Much as it hurts to do so, we should always try to make Chiarelli happy. Tinordi could be made available for Tyler Seguin.

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
First time I saw him play yesterday. I just don't get the Gill comp we can read here and there. Tinordi can skate, doesn't panic when he has the puck and he manage to join the rush during his first NHL game.

Agreed--his style is nothing like Gill's.

Tinordi has obvious skills. Gill made the most of his obviously limited skills.

PricePkPatch*

Much as it hurts to do so, we should always try to make Chiarelli happy. Tinordi could be made available for Tyler Seguin.

Don't get me wrong. Seguin is awesome, and I would love to have him aboard. But Tinordi brings a dimension NOBODY else on the Habs can.

PricePkPatch*

Are you saying you wouldn't trade Tinordi for Seguin?

*sigh* I would. But I would then turn around and try to find someone willing to trade a big D for Eller or Plekanec in the next 1 or 2 years.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
When Jarred was drafted he was 6'6 212, two years later he is at least 225. He did not look like a gangly kid last night. He is filling out nicely.
I have said it since December that Tinordi is ready to take a regular shift in the NHL, without a doubt.
His skating and skill set have really improved since his first year in London playing for the Hunter brothers. They did a great job with him.

PricePkPatch*

Seguin brings something every team covets, so does a monster size D man who can skate. Depends on your needs.

But having Seguin really allows us to consider trading away Plek, Desharnais or Eller in the next 2 years easily for something really juicy.

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
Judging from his first game, he looks NHL ready. He pretty fast for a 6'7 235lbs defenseman. He reminds me so much of Braydon Coburn. I think Tinordi and Subban will be the backbone of our defense for many years to come. If only we still had McDonagh.

McDonaugh Subban
Tinordi Beaulieu
Ellis Diaz/Emelin

?

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC

I have not seen Tinordi play before last nights game. I was really impressed with his speed out there. On a couple of occassions he was even behind the net in the offensive zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad