Recalled/Assigned: Tinordi sent down (March 29. 2013)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WeeBey

Aug 7, 2009
montreal
If you had a crystal ball before the Gomez trade that told you if you make that trade:

1) You will make the conference final the following season.

and

2) Ryan McDonagh will be a Top 4 dman in the NHL for the next 12 years.

You still make that trade every time.

I'm logging in for the sole purpose of saying "wtf is this!??!"

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
No cup no trade.

The Chelios trade is mildly debatable for two reasons:

-the habs won a cup
-Savard was massively underrated. Dionne was crap.

Even so there is little question the habs would have been better off keeping Chelios.

The Gomez trade was complete crap. The habs did not even keep Pyatt who appears to have added a little offence to his defence now that he doesn't have JM or RC around. BTW does anyone really think Sather would have refused the trade without McDonagh? Anyone? Gomez was a negative, Pyatt and Busto were close to valueless. Gainey must have been in a very bad mental place to make the trade without throwing in McDonagh and he very obviously massively misjudged McDonagh's value.

The judgement might be less harsh if there were even the slightest hint that Gainey wanted to tank for Galchenyuk...

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
If they're auditioning Tinordi for a #7 depth position going into the playoffs, you gotta think they're hoping to see more from him like this. In isolation I'd like to see him finish his year in Hamilton and put on some bulk before trying to make the team next season. But I can pretty easily see him ending up playing some games this year. Maybe a lot of them.

What is the team missing at the moment? The one guy they need but don't have, in spite of their loads of consecutive wins? They need a big defensive defenseman who can play physically and steady the PK. If Tinordi can play the role, big if, and add 5-10% to their currently non-clutch PK they are a much better team.

Long term I would expect Bouillon to sit if Tinordi works out. Bouillon has been solid, but if Tinordi can play better, more physical, D, especially on the PK then he and Diaz should be in with Markov, Subban, Gorges, and Emelin. Bouillon has looked good at times, and he is physical relative to the rest of the guys they have, but adding Tinordi would make opposing players take the habs seriously when entering the zone. Each pairing would have someone (Emelin, Tinordi, Subban) who can throw some serious hits, though Subban is a little borderline. Bouillon is very strong and he can hold his own but he's not exactly scaring opposing forwards.

BRAD HABSFAN

Mar 14, 2013
JERSEY COAST
A couple of mental cramps (bad pinches, the stick retrieving), to be expected, but he's impressed me with some real crisp passing.

Not looking out of place at all.
i was there and he naturally looked shaky at first but then you saw his confidence grow. couple bad positioning/pinches but that happens. i was surprised/happy therrien used him late in game when game was still a toss up. i have to give it to therrien he is helping these young guys. funny when pleks deflects his shot and the camera of them celebrating shows how tall he is compared to other guys. he needs beef but you hang out with gorges and pk and he will be working out. those guys are solid.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Was pleasantly surprised by his performance Saturday. Displayed poise, great skating for his size and even some authority around his own net. And is actually less of an offense-blackhole than Gorges.

He'll be a good one, and probably our future captain.

BRAD HABSFAN

Mar 14, 2013
JERSEY COAST
i was there as well....he looked great ....HUGE ......skating skills are phenominal.....
yea he was big...how bad is the rock...sounds like a cult on the pk when they chant kill kill kill.. and their after goal song where they shout you suck.. guy told my wife [all 5' 1" of her] to go back home.. ha ha.. ive been habsfan here long before devils were a twinkle in anyones eyes..

NJHABFAN

Sep 19, 2009
BELMAR
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
honestly the arena is nice too bad its in the toilette they call a city.....
i get heckled and told go back to Canada every time i go there or they call me names like french fry etc....i laugh and say you whole team is built and played by Canadiens and Canadians.....always a fight there....when i go to MSG never have an issure....

what is the deal with all the Nordique fans? i am lost left MTL in 2000...just don't get it....

BRAD HABSFAN

Mar 14, 2013
JERSEY COAST
they come to show nhl they have a following a deserve a team back in quebec. they root against HABS because thats the way it is.. my wife will get me killed one day. she wont back down when someone tells her to go back home [both of us born and raised here in jersey] and when she told guy he had a small 'pee pee' i thought it was gonna be a rough night. he was my size 6'ish and she is all of 5' 1". naturally the group of 15 i was with was no where to be found. but the big idiot wasd mocking my wife and she would have none of it.. too funny but hes with 5 guys and im with 'knuckles' rosemary

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
honestly the arena is nice too bad its in the toilette they call a city.....
i get heckled and told go back to Canada every time i go there or they call me names like french fry etc....i laugh and say you whole team is built and played by Canadiens and Canadians.....always a fight there....when i go to MSG never have an issure....

what is the deal with all the Nordique fans? i am lost left MTL in 2000...just don't get it....

Yeah, I was in Newark for a day and couldn't believe what a ghost town it was! Nice arena in what used to be a downtown. Geez - I couldn't even find a restaurant. Totally serious. One thousand fried chicken joints and not a single decent sit-down restaurant. Ended up eating dinner at the airport.

You're right about MSG. Tons of history and fun, with zero issues beyond some friendly trash-talk.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
they come to show nhl they have a following a deserve a team back in quebec. they root against HABS because thats the way it is.. my wife will get me killed one day. she wont back down when someone tells her to go back home [both of us born and raised here in jersey] and when she told guy he had a small 'pee pee' i thought it was gonna be a rough night. he was my size 6'ish and she is all of 5' 1". naturally the group of 15 i was with was no where to be found. but the big idiot wasd mocking my wife and she would have none of it.. too funny but hes with 5 guys and im with 'knuckles' rosemary

Good story. There should be a thread about the unique nature of female hockey fans!

BRAD HABSFAN

Mar 14, 2013
JERSEY COAST
shes a tough one...good italian stock!! we feel at home in montreal and if it was warmer i could look into transferring to plattsburgh to catch more games [fedex good with that] but its too cold.. now if they were in aruba!!!!!

NJHABFAN

Sep 19, 2009
BELMAR
hahahahaha....Platsburgh are u nuts ....hahahaha whats funny is growing up that was the best place in the world for us Canadians who loved USA.....

funny story with the wife....Jersey has a good franchise just fans are dumb as rocks....

BRAD HABSFAN

Mar 14, 2013
JERSEY COAST
hahahahaha....Platsburgh are u nuts ....hahahaha whats funny is growing up that was the best place in the world for us Canadians who loved USA.....

funny story with the wife....Jersey has a good franchise just fans are dumb as rocks....

I would do it if it was warmer then here in jersey but naturally its not. nice thing about fedex is being able to transfer

saying jersey fans are as dumb as rocks is an insult to rocks!! they brag about their team and yet so few have gone. i have gone to more devil games then alot if not most of their fans. though the shorten season helps this year. FREAKIN SAD THAT THIS WAS ONE GAME DEVILS USUALLY SELL OUT.. NOT THIS TIME.. JUST OVER 17K

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I would do it if it was warmer then here in jersey but naturally its not. nice thing about fedex is being able to transfer

saying jersey fans are as dumb as rocks is an insult to rocks!! they brag about their team and yet so few have gone. i have gone to more devil games then alot if not most of their fans. though the shorten season helps this year. FREAKIN SAD THAT THIS WAS ONE GAME DEVILS USUALLY SELL OUT.. NOT THIS TIME.. JUST OVER 17K

C'mon man, everyone who read that is picturing you and your family in a crate being shipped overnight. Well... at least I am...

DamianHabs

Aug 11, 2004
Yeah, I was in Newark for a day and couldn't believe what a ghost town it was! Nice arena in what used to be a downtown. Geez - I couldn't even find a restaurant. Totally serious. One thousand fried chicken joints and not a single decent sit-down restaurant. Ended up eating dinner at the airport.

You're right about MSG. Tons of history and fun, with zero issues beyond some friendly trash-talk.

I'm going to strongly disagree about MSG and Rags fans. They are THE WORST. Last April, my gf and I went to a Sens-Rags playoff game at MSG. I wore my Guy Lafleur jersey. I mean, why not? She wore her kid's Lundquist jersey. I had more of those MSG aholes tell me to go back to Canada and one particularly bright light looked at my jersey and said "you're wearing a Canadiens jersey and they're not playing. What's wrong with you?".

I live in NYC and have been a Habs fan since I was 12 and have come to totally hate Rangers fans. The scariest place in any rink? As you leave the Garden, before you reach the 33rd street exit and the entrance to Penn Station, there is an area where a couple of the exits merge and it's wall to wall people. I've heard some of the most vile language and seen some of the worst verbal abuse in that corridor. Funny thing is that I also go to Knicks games and there's none of that crazy crap going on after Knicks games. Rags fans prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that we haven't fully evolved from the caveman.

attachetatuque

un gros bonhomme!
Feb 1, 2013
Big J ain't going back to Hamilton guys. At least I hope so. My biggest fear was that he wouldn't be able to keep up with the speedy guys but he never looks out of place. He's quite lanky though, he'll pack in an extra 15-20 pounds over the next two years. So glad they called him up. I figure they are testing youngsters to see if they need to move before the deadline. I'm pretty sure now all they need is a big ass 4th liner, maybe Bordeleau from Colorado or something like that. When Diaz comes back he'll share off time with Bouillon and case is closed.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Big J ain't going back to Hamilton guys. At least I hope so. My biggest fear was that he wouldn't be able to keep up with the speedy guys but he never looks out of place. He's quite lanky though, he'll pack in an extra 15-20 pounds over the next two years. So glad they called him up. I figure they are testing youngsters to see if they need to move before the deadline. I'm pretty sure now all they need is a big ass 4th liner, maybe Bordeleau from Colorado or something like that. When Diaz comes back he'll share off time with Bouillon and case is closed.

You seriously think they're going to bench Diaz? Is that what you mean by 'off time'?

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
If you had a crystal ball before the Gomez trade that told you if you make that trade:

1) You will make the conference final the following season.

and

2) Ryan McDonagh will be a Top 4 dman in the NHL for the next 12 years.

You still make that trade every time.

Easily #2, winning 2 rounds in a 4 round playoffs means very little.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
You seriously think they're going to bench Diaz? Is that what you mean by 'off time'?

Yeah benching Diaz doesn't seem likely. Wonder if JT goes down though when Diaz comes back. He isn't quite as strong as he's gonna be but he definitely fills a need.

By the way your kid trolling posts a ways back were hilarious!

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Yeah benching Diaz doesn't seem likely. Wonder if JT goes down though when Diaz comes back. He isn't quite as strong as he's gonna be but he definitely fills a need.

By the way your kid trolling posts a ways back were hilarious!

I was thinking they were looking at him to see what they had if injuries set in or possibly for next year as Boullion's replacement in the top 6. Diaz will most definitely draw back in once he is ready.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I was thinking they were looking at him to see what they had if injuries set in or possibly for next year as Boullion's replacement in the top 6. Diaz will most definitely draw back in once he is ready.

I couldn't help but think the same thing but more in terms of a trade. Like if JT can hang then maybe trade Diaz?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I couldn't help but think the same thing but more in terms of a trade. Like if JT can hang then maybe trade Diaz?

Diaz is more valuable than you think. Aside from Markov, he's our smartest D. That quality really shows up when our D is getting the puck out of our zone, which has cost us goals when they don't clear it or pass it properly. Diaz rarely makes those kind of mistakes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad