OT - NO POLITICS Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Seriously. Spent several hours waiting for instructions on how to fix my own laptop. Got tired of waiting, drove into the office to get network access, fixed my laptop, then was used as Managements unofficial instruction sheet proof reader so everybody could fix other devices.

Drove to a private practice, fixed 10 of their laptops and went home.

Happy f***ing Friday lol
I am sitting in a Chicago Zoning Board of Approvals hearing. I am #3 on the agenda. We are 1:45 hours in and still have not cleared the first agenda item…….Great way to spend a Friday…….listening to residents argue about whether or not to allow a temporary housing center for homeless youth. At this rate, I should be going home around 7pm. Classic “Not in my Backyard” debate……

Christ, I just wanna build a coffee shop.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I am sitting in a Chicago Zoning Board of Approvals hearing. I am #3 on the agenda. We are 1:45 hours in and still have not cleared the first agenda item…….Great way to spend a Friday…….listening to residents argue about whether or not to allow a temporary housing center for homeless youth. At this rate, I should be going home around 7pm. Classic “Not in my Backyard” debate……

Nothing like asking permission to do what you want with your own property

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
My parents are in their late 50's, they have a beautiful home on the Atlantic ocean - literally 50 feet from the driveway with their own wharf. They completely renovated my grandparents house like 5-6 years ago. They just gave me a call...

1721425334100.png

Dad: "Hey, do you want our house when we can no longer live in it?"

Me: "Uhh, yeah, sure... that's random"

Dad: "Well we have no other kid to leave our house to, figured you'd want it"

Me: "Sold"

Dad: "Perfect, we will get this sorted out now because I'll f***ing forget when I'm 70"

Knock on wood but they're both in great health, but man, what a random ass phone call to get.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

I was considering volunteering for a local government commission and took some classes from the city, culminating in one of those meetings, and all I realized was I don't want to listen to people whining about nonsense that much.

We wonder why all our national politicians are insane, it's probably because the levelheaded ones get out of the field at the start.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
My parents are in their late 50's, they have a beautiful home on the Atlantic ocean - literally 50 feet from the driveway with their own wharf. They completely renovated my grandparents house like 5-6 years ago. They just gave me a call...

View attachment 895970

Dad: "Perfect, we will get this sorted out now because I'll f***ing forget when I'm 70"

Knock on wood but they're both in great health, but man, what a random ass phone call to get.
Sweet. where is that?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

if you do I have recommendations for products and ideas

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
1. Hannibal Buress
2. Eggs Benny
3. Nope. Chased it once when Seids had it, but never found it.
4. Popular among my friends: Jason Isbell.
5. Country girl. Feel like I need a shower whenever I go to Philly or NY. (But not Boston!)
PS I enjoy eggs Benedict and Florentine.

My aunt Mad used to make the former for the lot of us after Christmas Eve midnight mass.

A fine way to celebrate a birthday.

Reactions: sooshii

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

View attachment 895970

Hey, its your life, but do you know what a gift horse 🐎 is?

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I was considering volunteering for a local government commission and took some classes from the city, culminating in one of those meetings, and all I realized was I don't want to listen to people whining about nonsense that much.

We wonder why all our national politicians are insane, it's probably because the levelheaded ones get out of the field at the start.
That used to be the case.

Now they get out, more to the point never get in, because they prefer to avoid a nut with a ballpean hammer 🔨 breaking into their house 🏠.

Heart's Delight, Newfoundland my man. Beautiful little town (where I grew up)
You might consider giving it to me.

Just a thought.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
What do you mean?

Very much so. And I’m thrilled, but it doesn’t change how out of the blue and random that call was.
I imagine it’s a bittersweet thing to a degree. Nobody wants to consider a world without their parents, or even one where their parents are unable to live the life they are now. It’s difficult to future think like that.

I’m sure you had a lot to unpack after that phone call.

Reactions: BMC

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I imagine it’s a bittersweet thing to a degree. Nobody wants to consider a world without their parents, or even one where their parents are unable to live the life they are now. It’s difficult to future think like that.

I’m sure you had a lot to unpack after that phone call.
It was, it was just an odd out of the blue thing. Like I said, they’re in great health *knock on wood* but I’m 34 now and I guess they just kind of got the ball moving in case something did happen eventually.

Like I said, I’m an only child so it was just something I never really ever thought of, haha.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
It was, it was just an odd out of the blue thing. Like I said, they’re in great health *knock on wood* but I’m 34 now and I guess they just kind of got the ball moving in case something did happen eventually.

Like I said, I’m an only child so it was just something I never really ever thought of, haha.

I thought you were closer to 64!!!!

(This exact thing happened to me with Mick and KDP years ago.)

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
What do you mean?

Very much so. And I’m thrilled, but it doesn’t change how out of the blue and random that call was.
I was having a bit of fun. No offense intended.

It's certainly not for me or anyone else to scold about anything.

Then again, I would kill - yes, on 5th Avenue - to receive a gift of that kind.

It is also critical to remember a particular truth.

A truth we must all confront,

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

View attachment 895970

Wow, what a beautiful location! I'm guessing your parents are thinking ahead about their retirement, etc., Life goes by fast and it is smart to talk about things like that ahead of time. Retirement hit me much quicker than I expected, the years just fly by. Health can change quickly in the autumn and winter of our lives , something else that hit me quicker than expected....lol

Of course, they could be switching it to your name so that you get all the tax & utility bills, etc., and they can retire earlier......:sarcasm:

Reactions: GordonHowe

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

View attachment 895970

My Dad is 77. Trust me, your Dad is being very smart. Once the memory and mental cognition goes, you don't know its going. Everything just seems normal to you.
Really wise to get stuff air tight before this has time to become a problem(knock on wood that it does not)

Ive seen families torn apart over inheritances. Legal firms HIGHLY recommend a nice air tight will. They have to go through this nightmare enough to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad