Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
What does he do really well?

I've watched clips in the past, I've seen most of Montreal's vids on him, and I watched the full game from yesterday and I'm still not sold on where his upside is going to come from.

You can be good without being flashy, but you still have to be good. What's he (really) good at?

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002

I've watched clips in the past, I've seen most of Montreal's vids on him, and I watched the full game from yesterday and I'm still not sold on where his upside is going to come from.

You can be good without being flashy, but you still have to be good. What's he (really) good at?

You are opening the doors to mass abuse, I got your back though. Get ready for the standard 'he closes the gap so well' 'puck transition' 'first pass is amazing' 'see's the ice like a pro already even though he rarely scores' 'hard to move' , 'plays the body like a stud'

I'll grab some popcorn and keep an eye on the responses you get!

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

He's a big, rangy defender who will be able to skate and defend against any forward in the NHL. The skating and reach allows him to shut down the fast skilled guys, the size and skating allows him to defend bigger guys.

His puck poise and reading of the game is also something he does really well. He can get you out of high pressure situations and put his team on the attack.

He's in the Vlasic, Suter, etc type of defenseman. Roman Hamrlik is a recent ish version of what he can be like.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

He's got elite size already as he turns 20 next month so he will likely still add to his mass/strength, which he still needs to do since he's got that height as he looks 6'4. He moves well with solid mobility so with those tools and his solid two way game, he's going to be an NHLer just a question of how good will he be.

I don't think it's really possible to know at this point. He could end up being one of the best in the league one day or he be a nothing burger as I have had a very tough time trying to get a read on his game as I felt the offense is better then many give him credit for but the defense is just overrated as he makes a number of mistakes. I know many talk about a Hutson Reinbacher pair but I wonder if it won't be Guhle Reinbacher as they might compliment each other well though Xhekaj Reinbacher would make sense for when he first gets to the NHL.

Some time in Laval to work on both ends of his game would be good, he's adjusted to the AHL well so far but I want to see him turn into a high end top pairing D and so far I'm not sold he has the skills for that but look forward to seeing how it unfolds for him.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
He's a big, rangy defender who will be able to skate and defend against any forward in the NHL. The skating and reach allows him to shut down the fast skilled guys, the size and skating allows him to defend bigger guys.

His puck poise and reading of the game is also something he does really well. He can get you out of high pressure situations and put his team on the attack.

He's in the Vlasic, Suter, etc type of defenseman. Roman Hamrlik is a recent ish version of what he can be like.
The big rangy, agile smooth skater that covers a ton of ice in him who plays a simple yet very effective offensive game…. Reminds me of Bouwmeester

Last edited:

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal

Massive stick and great at closing the gap

I'm convinced people don't follow hockey seriously when they ask what a guy with Reinbachers tools can do at the NHL level. A guy like him panning out is an absolute nightmare to play against. Breaking up plays and starting transition is probably the most important part of being a defenseman lol

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

I'm convinced people don't follow hockey seriously when they ask what a guy with Reinbachers tools can do at the NHL level. A guy like him panning out is an absolute nightmare to play against. Breaking up plays and starting transition is probably the most important part of being a defenseman lol

Coaches and goaltenders value what Reinbacher brings more than a casual fan.

Reactions: HabzSauce

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

He's really good at not being bad at anything. The boring type.

I think we got something between H Lindholm and Dobson (low/high points).

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I just saw a video at ice level of Rein during a match at the Olympic qualifiers. I agree with everyone saying he looks bigger. He is at least 6'4'' now and filled out some.

Some people are going to be real surprised at the Habs training camp.
We saw glimpses in Laval as to why he is coveted. We are about to see more than glimpses! This kid will be a beast.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke

People asking that are likely to be found in other threads raving about Michkov

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015

He's got elite size already as he turns 20 next month so he will likely still add to his mass/strength, which he still needs to do since he's got that height as he looks 6'4. He moves well with solid mobility so with those tools and his solid two way game, he's going to be an NHLer just a question of how good will he be.

I don't think it's really possible to know at this point. He could end up being one of the best in the league one day or he be a nothing burger as I have had a very tough time trying to get a read on his game as I felt the offense is better then many give him credit for but the defense is just overrated as he makes a number of mistakes. I know many talk about a Hutson Reinbacher pair but I wonder if it won't be Guhle Reinbacher as they might compliment each other well though Xhekaj Reinbacher would make sense for when he first gets to the NHL.

Some time in Laval to work on both ends of his game would be good, he's adjusted to the AHL well so far but I want to see him turn into a high end top pairing D and so far I'm not sold he has the skills for that but look forward to seeing how it unfolds for him.

He's really good at not being bad at anything. The boring type.

I think we got something between H Lindholm and Dobson (low/high points).

Thanks for the insights. Lots of good info in there. I'm not sold on a personal level on top4 upside, but these analyses give me hope and I certainly am not giving up on a young kid with zero NHL games.

You shouldn't convince yourself of such silly fantasies.

Some people simply don't see the world like you do, doesn't mean they are casuals or "don't follow hockey seriously".

Reactions: ReHabs

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

I love Dmen like Reinbacher who can also snuff out plays by properly sealing the wall.
Something I want to see more of out from Barron who also has that big mobile frame.

Reinbacher's main advantage being his ability to move the puck quickly and accurately after the fact.
One thing I brought up in Laval was how Barron by playing quickly was able to clear the zone even when his passes didn't come off.
Something that is far more preferable in my books than getting hemmed in.

Neither are known for their hard hitting but they can both crumple players along the wall which is probably more effective for their style of game.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He would have to be REALLY better than Barron and Mailloux, considering one can't be sent down and the other one already paid his dues. First injury on the right side he's there.

MSL will go with the best, regardless of who's already spent more time in the AHL. If Hutson and Reinbacher are better than Mailloux and Barron, they will get spots in the top 6. Mailloux can continue to get big minutes and develop in the A. Struble and Barron can start as 7th and 8th dmen.

But we'll see at camp how Hutson, Mailloux, Reinbacher and Struble look. And how it starts isn't how it will look in a few months necessarily. And, there will be injuries.

It would have been nice to have moved Barron or Struble in a deal for Askarov. But it sounds like Nashville wanted Beck, and Hughes didn't want to give up Beck.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
People asking that are likely to be found in other threads raving about Michkov
Can you point to the Michkovites among us please, so we can mark them with a scarlet letter?

Can people discuss this prospect without being smeared as Michkovites? Yes or no? Please confirm.

@montreal is as non-partisan about missed prospects as I've seen here, their post #9330 also expresses doubt about Reinbacher's range of outcomes and his eventual upside. Will you smear them as a Michkovite too?

When will this inane witch-hunt end?? It reminds me of the toxic Subbanista nonsense where every criticism of bozo Bergevin was countered with "oh they're probably a Subbanista, forget about them". Gimme a break! Reinbacher is a Habs prospect which 99.9% of the fans have no idea where he'll end up. We WILL discuss him, we WILL evaluate him, we WILL speculate about him like we do any other prospect or player.

He's not a boom-or-bust prospect, so he can end up being the next Ryan O'Bryne or the next Dan Boyle or the next Cam Barker or the next Ryan Suter or the next Justin Barron or the next Roman Hamrlik or none of the above. We will discuss him and learn from each other to evaluate him and not be smeared, thank you for your understanding.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005

f*** I loved Hamrlik so much when he was here. What a fantastic player he was.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Why can Reinbacher make the team this year ?
Look at the 2022 draft
Nemec, Pavel, Korchinsky, Jiricek all play 50 games are so last year.
I understand that we have a to many D, but if he looks good at camp what the Habs do ?
Make room ?
Trade ?
If so whom ?

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Can you point to the Michkovites among us please, so we can mark them with a scarlet letter?

Can people discuss this prospect without being smeared as Michkovites? Yes or no? Please confirm.

@montreal is as non-partisan about missed prospects as I've seen here, their post #9330 also expresses doubt about Reinbacher's range of outcomes and his eventual upside. Will you smear them as a Michkovite too?

When will this inane witch-hunt end?? It reminds me of the toxic Subbanista nonsense where every criticism of bozo Bergevin was countered with "oh they're probably a Subbanista, forget about them". Gimme a break! Reinbacher is a Habs prospect which 99.9% of the fans have no idea where he'll end up. We WILL discuss him, we WILL evaluate him, we WILL speculate about him like we do any other prospect or player.

He's not a boom-or-bust prospect, so he can end up being the next Ryan O'Bryne or the next Dan Boyle or the next Cam Barker or the next Ryan Suter or the next Justin Barron or the next Roman Hamrlik or none of the above. We will discuss him and learn from each other to evaluate him and not be smeared, thank you for your understanding.
Oh REALLY? So *I* am a bad guy now for pointing out these absolutely RIDICULOUS posts that were predicting the end of the world at last year's draft, by everyone and their mother being completly pissed at this pick over Michkov. Go back to that thread my friend, the one about doom and gloom because of that pick, because we didn't pick the second coming of russian Jesus. These people are the ones who created this situation where this pick has been tainted with scepticism since the beginning. A bit like Slaf actually.

Now I have absolutely no idea if you were part of that group, I'm not even going to bother looking it up. But the fact remains, there are still too many people on this board who look at this pick through comparison with Michkov. You don't believe me? Just wait until Michkov scores a few goals and RB is still in the AHL. Come back and read the board then....

*edit because I realized I did not answer the question: Yes of course it is ok to question some abilities regarding RB, I'm not saying he is perfect either lol. But jokes like mine in that above post are expected because of what happened at draft day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sagikev and Redux91

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Why can Reinbacher make the team this year ?
Look at the 2022 draft
Nemec, Pavel, Korchinsky, Jiricek all play 50 games are so last year.
I understand that we have a to many D, but if he looks good at camp what the Habs do ?
Make room ?
Trade ?
If so whom ?
The Habs do nothing. Guhle gets moved back to LD, Struble become the 7th D and voilà there is a spot for Reinbacher at RD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad