OT - NO POLITICS Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
1. Stand up comedy is a huge love of mine in general. In fact, I've been thinking about developing my own routine, at least in a written sense - and maybe, one day, actually trying my hand at it. Those who are familiar with my antics here won't be surprised to learn I prefer edgy comedy, controversial comedy - I truly think comedy is a healing force for humanity and there's very little I feel is out of bounds when done in the right way. Favourites include Louis CK, George Carlin, Norm MacDonald, Ricky Gervais, Dave Chappelle, Jim Jefferies.

2. Eggs sunny side up, well-cooked pork sausage, slightly undercooked bacon, refried potatoes - not those gross cube things some joints try to pass off - baked beans, coffee and chocolate milk.

3. No.

4. The Black Keys

5. I work in the city, and could never live there, I'd be suffocated. The more space the better - I love the way @shelbysdad described it - if I can't pee off the deck, the neighbours are too close.
two guys more than likely before your time that were funny are Dennis Wolfberg and Richard Jeni

Reactions: NeelyDan

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Some questions that come to mind today:

1) In honour of the great Bob Newhart passing, name your favourite comedian, whether alive or not.

2) I'm taking your order, what would your perfect breakfast include (details please)?

3) Have you ever seen and touched the Stanley Cup, were you lucky enough to see it with a Bruin?

4) Name a band or artist whose music you cannot tolerate but is popular.

5) Are you a city or country mouse? Do you love the hustle & bustle of the city or hate it?
1. george carlin
2.anything with bacon.
3.yes. a long time ago in 1990 i think when the bruins still had the wives carnival. also in 2011. i had season tix then and we all got a pic with the cup that summer.
4.anything modern soccer mom country music.
5 . hate the city exept that there are less mosquitoes.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

1) In honour of the great Bob Newhart passing, name your favourite comedian, whether alive or not.

2) I'm taking your order, what would your perfect breakfast include (details please)?

3) Have you ever seen and touched the Stanley Cup, were you lucky enough to see it with a Bruin?

5) Are you a city or country mouse? Do you love the hustle & bustle of the city or hate it?

1. Chris Rock

2. Feta cheese omelet, Canadian bacon on the side, keep the coffee coming.

3. Saw the Cup in the Hockey Hall of Fame, may have touched it, not sure.

4. Van Halen

5. Like to visit the city or the country, live in the burbs.

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston
two guys more than likely before your time that were funny are Dennis Wolfberg and Richard Jeni
I saw Richard Jeni at the Comedy Connection in the summer of 1996 and he was outstanding. Definitely gone too soon, same with Dennis Wolfberg.

Today is IT hell for me. Happy friday
I’m off on Fridays for family leave and I certainly feel bad for my coworkers, who have been at it since the wee hours trying to keep things running. I hope the rest of your day is smooth sailing!

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
1. Chris Rock

2. Feta cheese omelet, Canadian bacon on the side, keep the coffee coming.

3. Saw the Cup in the Hockey Hall of Fame, may have touched it, not sure.

4. Van Halen

5. Like to visit the city or the country, live in the burbs.
Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, Jim Jeffries and Nikki Glaser are my favorite "modern day" comics.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

1. Hannibal Buress
2. Eggs Benny
3. Nope. Chased it once when Seids had it, but never found it.
4. Popular among my friends: Jason Isbell.
5. Country girl. Feel like I need a shower whenever I go to Philly or NY. (But not Boston!)

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, Jim Jeffries and Nikki Glaser are my favorite "modern day" comics.
The only modern day comics I've gotten into are Shane Gillis, Dan Soder, and Mark Normand. If we're talking about a generation older who are still touring and stuff, Chappelle, Rock, Kevin Hart, etc. are solid.

Norm MacDonald is the GOAT and it's not even close though. I miss that man every day

Reactions: GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

I love stand up and there's too many. But, though not a stand-up technically, Craig Ferguson is my favorite. Norm MacDonald, Phil Hartman, Albert and Mel Brooks,. Richard Pryor, Bill Burr, Colin Quinn, Seinfeld, Gary Shandling, Chris Rock, Carl Reiner, Chappelle, Bill Maher, Letterman, Conan, Bill Hicks.

PS If you'd like to check Craig, go back a few pages. I posted three clips of him as Larry King. Not for everyone, but I absolutely love it.

Nothing for me, thanks. I am not a morning person. I do not eat breakfast, luncheon rarely.

I may have seen it in 1976, on a visit to the Hockey Hall of Fame. But I don't remember that. Otherwise, unfortunately, no.

Most of what's out there today. I don't get the popularity of Beyoncé, for example. The easy selection would be Taylor Swift, whom I used to like.

There's a lot about urban living I could do without. Noise, cars, etc. Crowds and people, not to put too fine a point on it. But overall I much prefer it to rural surroundings.

Farming is in my family, but it's the last thing I would ever want to do. Ditto rural living.

"To each their own, Number One."

Last edited:
Reactions: caz16

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
1. My favorite comedian is easily Bo Burnham. Guy is an absolute genius. Watch his specials on Netflix. He absolutely doesn't miss.

2. I have actually got a picture of myself touching the Stanley Cup when i was 15.

3. Taylor Swift - Not because I hate her, or her music, it's just the cult following and the fact that people can obsess this much over a particular individual. I'll also add "mumble rap" or whatever those idiots do.

4. I'm a hybrid. I love the small town living (grew up in a town of 700 people) but also like the access of a bigger city near by (within an hour or so) - I love a simple life where I can hunt, fish and people will just show up unannounced to crush beers in the garage. Ideally, that's my retirement.

Edit: Forgot breakfast. I don't eat breakfast during the week, but on Saturday I can 100% muck some Eggs Benny and some sausage.

Last edited:

Acie

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2019
Southern Ontario
1) Norm Macdonald, Don Rickles, Bill Burr...

2)Two eggs over medium, rye toast, sausage and home fries

3) I work at a University and it was brought here for an appearance, so I've seen it. lol

4) Any new country artist

5) Live in the city, but hope to make it to the country or a small beach town one day.

Reactions: caz16

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

1) Newhart was a favourite, Tim Conway, John Cleese, Dom Delouise, and Rowan Atkinson. More current favourite is Ricky Gervais.

2) Scrambled eggs, Texas toast with strawberry jam, ham and real home fries (no frozen type garbage)

3) I have seen it at the HHOF and also with Rich Peverley in Guelph, where I touched it.

4) Guns 'n Roses....cannot stand Axl for many reasons. I don't like rap either.

5) Definitely country, I loathe being in most cities. Waterloo is closest and is pretty small, clean and tolerable. I would be happy without being able to see my neighbours - at least out back we have farm fields, though they do come with "dairy air" at times.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010

I like Jo Koy...can relate to a lot of his humor about growing up Asian

I love as good Eggs Florentine with some crispy home fries and a side of crispy bacon. Black coffee

Not yet

The White Stripes...just not a fan personally, but no judgment about anyone who likes them.

I love the hustle and bustle of the city and grew up in a rather urban area, but currently live out in the sticks.

Reactions: BMC and caz16

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
This isn't for everyone, either. But, to me at least, it's f****** hilarious.

One of the funniest bits I've ever seen in my life (Conan thought so too),

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA

Good questions!

1. I'm also a Steven Wright fan. I met him in person once, and he is the exact same in real life. Uncanny. A friend asked him if he wanted a ride home, and Wright responded, "no thanks, it would be too far out of my way."

2. Corned beef hash and eggs. Which I rarely order any more because it's very fattening. But it is my favorite breakfast meal.

3. Twice, Once when the Lightning one after the lockout, Steve Baker was a scout and had an event in Cohasset that had a remarkably light turnout. And when Andy Ference had his parade through the North End, I was lucky enough to be in the firehouse across from St. Stevens Church when he brought it inside for a few minutes.

4). I don't like country music. I also was never a fan of Pearl Jam during the height of their popularity.

5). Yes. I grew up in Quincy, the Missus grew up in Dorchester. We still talk about moving back to the city if and when we find a good living situation for our son. And we have a house in NH on a lake which our relaxation spot.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
1. Dave Chappelle
2. Breakfast Burrito. Sausage, Egg, Pepper, Onion, melted Cheese and a little hot sauce.
3. Saw it at the HHoF.
4. Taylor Swift
5. I’m a country mouse at heart, but don’t have a problem in the big city either.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Shout out to Crowdstrike. Who wants to have a relaxing Friday when you can sit in 5 hours of calls and meetings.
Seriously. Spent several hours waiting for instructions on how to fix my own laptop. Got tired of waiting, drove into the office to get network access, fixed my laptop, then was used as Managements unofficial instruction sheet proof reader so everybody could fix other devices.

Drove to a private practice, fixed 10 of their laptops and went home.

Happy f***ing Friday lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad