Speculation: This Could Be Scheifele's Last Season In WPG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
It’s cute how flames fans are discussing Andersson availability as if the jets would even consider that offer.

an elite ppg #1c that is signed for 2 more seasons at an absolute steal of a deal is going to cost a lot more than just a good prospect and a top 4 d.

hell if that’s the price I’m sure every team would match it

An elite #1 center who has been consistently outplayed at even strength for the better part of 3 seasons?

Elite centers impact all areas of the game and win their matchups. Mark Scheifele has been a lazy and ineffective 200 foot center for a while now.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I think the scenario we are looking at is this

The Jets continue to play uninspired hockey with Lowry as coach and miss the playoffs.
We dump our UFA's and look at moving Dillion or Schmidt at the deadline
They do a coach search before the Draft
Clean out the coaching staff/Hire new coach who brings his philosophy in and staff
Sit down with Scheif and Wheeler and figure out if they are on board or not.
IF they want out moving Schief is easy but you got to get it right
Wheeler is another matter he has value but only if we retain some money on him.

Its not hopeless in Winnipeg either. We do draft and develop well and while we may be short on a lot of prospects we believe we have quality at the top in the system to get back to being competitive.

If we are trading Scheif this summer what would I want from some of the teams in here asking?

Rags - Schneider. Yes you don't want to trade him but he checks off a lot for the Jets going forward
Florida - Lundell. If I am the Panthers I probably just keep Lundell he is cheap but sometimes you got to roll the dice to win it all
Jerks - Necas + Jarvis. You got a ton in the pipeline and you can afford to do this

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I think the scenario we are looking at is this

The Jets continue to play uninspired hockey with Lowry as coach and miss the playoffs.
We dump our UFA's and look at moving Dillion or Schmidt at the deadline
They do a coach search before the Draft
Clean out the coaching staff/Hire new coach who brings his philosophy in and staff
Sit down with Scheif and Wheeler and figure out if they are on board or not.
IF they want out moving Schief is easy but you got to get it right
Wheeler is another matter he has value but only if we retain some money on him.

Its not hopeless in Winnipeg either. We do draft and develop well and while we may be short on a lot of prospects we believe we have quality at the top in the system to get back to being competitive.

If we are trading Scheif this summer what would I want from some of the teams in here asking?

Rags - Schneider. Yes you don't want to trade him but he checks off a lot for the Jets going forward
Florida - Lundell. If I am the Panthers I probably just keep Lundell he is cheap but sometimes you got to roll the dice to win it all
Jerks - Necas + Jarvis. You got a ton in the pipeline and you can afford to do this

This guy speaks the truth.....

Reactions: Thechozen1

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
I actually think the Kings are the team that would make the most sense as a trade partner as they likely want to try to have another run or two with Kopi, Doughty, etc and cap wise they would be able to run Kopitar, Scheif, Danault, Byfield down the middle, which is just gross.

I don't think the Jets should trade Scheif but a package I'd be looking at from the Kings would be:

- Brandt Clarke - we need a RD prospect with top pair potential so he would be the cornerstone piece coming back. Kings still have Grans and Spence to play behind Doughty so they can spare Clarke and still be really set up well for the present and future.
- Gab Vilardi - we would need a replacement right handed center with top 6 upside and as he's NHL ready (currently PPG in the AHL) we could give him a look in Scheif's spot
- 1st round pick
- probably something else as there is no proven asset coming back

I also think the Kings could use some Left D help, which is an area of organizational depth for us, so maybe it would turn into an even bigger trade where we add in Dillon, Stanley, Samberg or Heinola and the Kings add some more depending on who is traded. Could be a one stop shop for both teams to get exactly what they need to move forward.

I just think that what the Jets would need to get back to make it make sense for us would be young or NHL ready players to build around PLD and Perfetti with an emphasis on RHD and Right shot forwards with top 6 upside. Kings are deep in both those areas that IMO we'd be looking at, the cap works for them and it makes sense based on their team arc that the rebuild is trending ahead of schedule but they have some aging superstars that they likely want to try to get another cup out of. Scheif would be the perfect addition for them that would make them a legit cup contender.

With all that said, I'd still prefer to keep 55 and see what happens the rest of this year and potentially with a new coach if D. Lowry isn't given the permanent gig.
Thanks for the info. I don't see the Kings anywhere close to being in on this asking price. If the the Kings are trading those kind of assets, it will be to upgrade a position of need. Kings C is a position of strength.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Not sure about that one…..those are all pretty big names not sure if it’s realistic from either teams POV……but props for offering something good

Agree, Drai is nice, but just can't see the Jets dealing away both Scheif and Ehlers. Leaves way too big of a hole and lack of depth.

Reactions: Hunter368

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Wow, as a Leafs fan I really wish the Bruins would move one of the best wingers in the world for an offense only centre that isn't even that special offensively, but I seriously doubt Boston would consider that.
Wouldn’t make a difference. You would still lose the Bruins in the first round. Bruins are a tough team.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Wow, as a Leafs fan I really wish the Bruins would move one of the best wingers in the world for an offense only centre that isn't even that special offensively, but I seriously doubt Boston would consider that.
Ha ha not that special offensively. Top 20 in league scoring over the last 7 seasons. Over a ppg.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I could see Vancouver being a potential fit. Something around Boeser with picks and prospects added.
Personally, this is what I’m hoping for, but the Rangers have some young kids who fit our needs as well.

Scheifele+Copp+Stanley for Boeser+Horvat+Woo with small pluses where needed

Last edited:

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
WPG, take your pick from NYR besides the obvious Fox/Panarin/Zibanejad/Shesterkin

I would give up nearly as much as I would have for Eichel to see Scheifele with this team

Laff/Schneider/1st for Scheifele/Copp/Stanley salary retained as required

Reactions: AirGut

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Laff/Schneider/1st for Scheifele/Copp/Stanley salary retained as required
Just Scheifele gets us 1st+Schneider+… why are we adding Copp and Stanley for Laf when the Jets don’t need Laf. We need RHW and RHD

For Scheifele alone I’d be looking for something like…
1st+Schneider+Barron+Gauthier/pick

Then flip either the 1st+Stanley(+) to VAN for Boeser or Copp+Stanley+

Jets fill both RHW and RHD needs and add a young big body C

Last edited:

Ledge And Dairy

Just Scheifele gets us 1st+Schneider+… why are we adding Copp and Stanley for Laf when the Jets don’t need Laf. We need RHW and RHD

Then flip the 1st+Stanley(+) to VAN for Boeser

Did you seriously just say you wouldn't trade Copp + Stanley for Lafreniere?

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Did you seriously just say you wouldn't trade Copp + Stanley for Lafreniere?
I said we don’t need to trade for Laf as we need RHW, not LHW… but keep reading into things instead actually comprehending what’s written.
Also… what’s Laf done to justify his overvalue?
Right now he’s playing at a middle 6 winger value… not 1OA.

Last edited:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
If San Jose gets involved, I see 1st 2022, 1st 2023, Cond. 2nd 2024, William Eklund and a third team to acquire Hertl for probably futures going Winnipeg's way.

If Florida gets involved, I would say Spencer Knight, Sam Bennett, 1st 2022 and 1st 2024.

Overpayment, but the thing is his contract is not only cheap, but has term. Boston, Carolina, NYR, Washington, or Pittsburgh are other places I see. But for some reason I see San Jose.

Zats Muccarello

Grinder
Dec 30, 2010
NYC

Then flip either the 1st+Stanley(+) to VAN for Boeser or Copp+Stanley+

I think I would do this as a Rangers fan

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
If San Jose gets involved, I see 1st 2022, 1st 2023, Cond. 2nd 2024, William Eklund and a third team to acquire Hertl for probably futures going Winnipeg's way.

If Florida gets involved, I would say Spencer Knight, Sam Bennett, 1st 2022 and 1st 2024.

Overpayment, but the thing is his contract is not only cheap, but has term. Boston, Carolina, NYR, Washington, or Pittsburgh are other places I see. But for some reason I see San Jose.
I’d rather have Reinhart or Lundell over Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad