Speculation: This Could Be Scheifele's Last Season In WPG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
Could see quite a few teams as solid trade partners. Knowing Winnipeg, preference will be to send him East, and almost definitely not to another team in the Central. Jets would likely be looking for centers and dmen, with a slight preference for right hand shots for both. Some potential teams and young players Jets would be interested in (and no, not all are RHS centers and defensemen)

NYR - Schneider, Lafrenière, Lundkvist
DET - Edvinsson, Berggren
FLA - Lundell, Samoskevich, Denisenko
NJD - Mercer, Holtz, L.Hughes
LAK - Turcotte, Clarke

I could also see Jets adding one of Samberg/Heinola/Stanley in the right circumstance as they are all more than capable of playing NHL minutes but there is a logjam at LHD.

NJ is in desperate need of wingers, not another center… especially not at that cost.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
NJ is in desperate need of wingers, not another center… especially not at that cost.
I suppose the thing to consider is that Scheifele is a RHS, and easily convertible to wing as he ages. As it is, his defensive play isn’t something to be desired… so taking all d assignments off his plate might even enhance his offensive game lol.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Mark retained 2 million, PPG 1C for 2.5 years and three cup runs with a cap hit of 4.15 million would be crazy good. But that would require the Jets to stop winning games and fall out of wild card position and a desire by the Jets for a culture change. Not sure that’s likely. If Mark was traded it’s likely in the summer.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Without moving out one of their core pieces, Boston doesn't have what it takes to get Mark Scheifele.
I'd move Pastrnak in a package.

Otherwise, Bruins likely don't have much to offer (that couldn't easily be beat out by another team at least)

Not sure of Winnipeg's needs.

Ledge And Dairy

It’s cute how flames fans are discussing Andersson availability as if the jets would even consider that offer.

an elite ppg #1c that is signed for 2 more seasons at an absolute steal of a deal is going to cost a lot more than just a good prospect and a top 4 d.

hell if that’s the price I’m sure every team would match it
Alright lets wind back a year to before Dubois was a Jet. Do you trade Scheifele + Heinola for Johnny Gaudreau? Johnny is obviously the better player but then your 1C is Adam Lowry/Andrew Copp.

Calgary would be moronic to move any of their top 4 defensemen for a center. I have no issue paying the difference to upgrade Monahan to Scheifele but moving Andersson is simply not an option in general

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Scheifele for Horvat makes a ton of sense as a base. I think both teams would benefit from the switch.

I’ve thought that as well. Obviously a step down for Winnipeg so Vancouver would have to add.
I remember watching Bo when he played for London and always liked his game.

Ledge And Dairy

Could see quite a few teams as solid trade partners. Knowing Winnipeg, preference will be to send him East, and almost definitely not to another team in the Central. Jets would likely be looking for centers and dmen, with a slight preference for right hand shots for both. Some potential teams and young players Jets would be interested in (and no, not all are RHS centers and defensemen)

NYR - Schneider, Lafrenière, Lundkvist
DET - Edvinsson, Berggren
FLA - Lundell, Samoskevich, Denisenko
NJD - Mercer, Holtz, L.Hughes
LAK - Turcotte, Clarke

I could also see Jets adding one of Samberg/Heinola/Stanley in the right circumstance as they are all more than capable of playing NHL minutes but there is a logjam at LHD.
NYR - Sure, makes a lot of sense considering their window, prospect depth, etc
DET - They are so young and still have so many holes to fill, Scheifele isn't making them better but not anything close to a contender in the next 3 years
FLA - Definitely not a need for them, and they will be in a heavy cap crunch soon
NJD - Also not at all a need, what does he play 3C?
LAK - Again not a need or priority at all, really doesn't fit their upcoming window

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
You were right to make fun of the Habs fans who suggested Pelletier for Toffoli, but to not offer him up in a trade for a bonafide 1C is pretty hypocritical
Nah, just figured the Jets might want a center prospect in return. If that isn't the case, then switch Zary with Pelletier.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
I'd move Pastrnak in a package.

Otherwise, Bruins likely don't have much to offer (that couldn't easily be beat out by another team at least)

Not sure of Winnipeg's needs.

I can't speak for Jets fans but I've seen a few posters mention they could use a RHS so Pastrnak could be intriguing

(Or were you saying you'd move him elsewhere, your phrasing is a tad unclear to me)

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I can't speak for Jets fans but I've seen a few posters mention they could use a RHS so Pastrnak could be intriguing

(Or were you saying you'd move him elsewhere, your phrasing is a tad unclear to me)
I don't want to move Pastrnak, but C is definitely a position of need for the Bruins...

It would be hard to give him up, but I'd make him available for Scheifle, I can't say all Bruins fans will agree with that, personally, I'd definitely explore that. Especially if they think Lysell is the real deal.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
I don't want to move Pastrnak, but C is definitely a position of need for the Bruins...

It would be hard to give him up, but I'd make him available for Scheifle, I can't say all Bruins fans will agree with that, personally, I'd definitely explore that. Especially if they think Lysell is the real deal.

I admit I'm surprised you're so open to it! But I can see the logic, upgrading at C... and getting someone who can take over as 1C once Bergeron ages out. They're obviously very different players before any Bs fan crucify me... easier to find a replacement winger too

But Pasta is awesome, and making that move would hurt

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Outside of Fox/Sheshterkin, nothing should be off limits from the Rangers if Scheifele really is available.

I don't think Lafreniere would be available in a deal, but I could see Kakko being discussed.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Hard for the Jets to win a trade for Schieffle. Genuine #1 centres don't grow on trees.

I wouldn’t call winning a trade is a thing regarding Mark if traded…..ex

- Horvat+ trade example is a lateral move for both teams and is about changing culture on both teams. Sometimes you just want a fresh look. Both guys contract wise are in similar spots meaning not signed long term and next deal will be UFA contracts. Bo has 1.5 years and Mark has 2.5 years term.

- Trade Mark for a big futures package of picks & prospects would mean a restructure for 1-2 years assuming Cole P takes the 2C spot while PLD takes over as 1C.

Neither example requires the Jets to “win” a trade.

Reactions: Ciao

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I could see Vancouver being a potential fit. Something around Boeser with picks and prospects added.
(insert pic of Chevy hanging up the phone)

If Winnipeg entertains offers for Scheifele (and I think they should) they wont be looking for a winger.

Reactions: Snowman and Huffer

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Alright lets wind back a year to before Dubois was a Jet. Do you trade Scheifele + Heinola for Johnny Gaudreau? Johnny is obviously the better player but then your 1C is Adam Lowry/Andrew Copp.

Calgary would be moronic to move any of their top 4 defensemen for a center. I have no issue paying the difference to upgrade Monahan to Scheifele but moving Andersson is simply not an option in general

A year ago before the Jets got Dubois we wouldn't trade Scheifele straight up for Gaudreau. Scheifele just had his 5th straight season over a ppg, and that's move valuable than a winger. Scheifele had also outscored Gaudreau 3 of the last 5 seasons (before this one).

Reactions: Pongs21 and Snowman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad