Speculation: This Could Be Scheifele's Last Season In WPG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
What about Horvat + Hoglander for scheifele?

If one wanted to say Horvat defensive ability makes up largely Marks offensive ability, then Marks contract term of an extra year for a PPG 1C is made up largely/partly by Hoglander……could be interesting offer IMO. I would be curious if Bo is happy playing in Canada, but as fans we have no idea but as a GM I would do some homework first on that subject.

Reactions: Thechozen1

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Ras isn't remotely available, LMAO.

I also said "or elsewhere" for Monahan

Just to be clear in case anyone is wondering, the reason Ras is not remotely available is he's very good, plus he's the future (and present) of Calgary's right D. Using him to get a C creates a bigger problem than it fixes.

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

Ledge And Dairy

I'm not sure about Ras. I think its already defence by committee and the the addition of Scheifele could old weigh a lose replaceable at the deadline
Strongly disagree, moving Ras makes a hole 20x larger than what we fill by getting Scheifele, If Winnipeg is moving Scheifele they are retooling. They will want top prospect. Not a "good, but not great" RD. They already have 3 of those

RandR

May 15, 2011
I didn’t follow it closely, but I got the distinct impression that Paul Maurice resigned as Jets coach because he concluded that he had already taken the Jets as far as he was ever going to. I get the same impression that the Jets have gone as far they can with Scheifele as their on-ice leader. And similar to having to replace Maurice, the problem is that whomever the Jets are able to get in exchange for their #1C is just as easily going to make the Jets worse instead of better in the short and medium term.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
But...why? Didn't Winnipeg spend years trying to get a 2nd top 6 center to go with him?

It's weird to me that this isn't more widespread but I guess it reinforces the tunnel vision we likely all have as fans of a particular team. Scheifele has been trending downward as a 200 ft player since the 2017/2018 playoff run ended. Seems to be lackadaisical a lot of the time. Rumour-mill will be a buzzin' but the thing that's consistent is that Scheifele has been kind of inconsistent the last few years. Up until this year the offense made up for the lack of defense but this year the offense seemed to take a hit.

That said, since the break he's been playing phenomenal. I'd much rather want to see him with a new coach before trading him but hey, I just watch the games, I don't make the decisions.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Scheifele for Horvat makes a ton of sense as a base. I think both teams would benefit from the switch.

No. Also, with Pettersson being a primarily offense-focused player, I'd imagine you guys would want to keep the responsible two-way C to be paired with him, although I know EP is having a bit of an offensive slump this year.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
no, the jets would benefit far more from scheifele finding his game, which seems like he might be turning the corner right now

All I know with 7 goals & 4 assists in his last 5 games……if Mark was traded his price just went up. He’s been sick good since the allstar break, looks like he needed a rest. Goodness knows PMO overplayed Mark & Wheeler constantly

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Wings desperately need a 1C or 2C with Larkin, this guy would be incredible
I would love it but who would we move for him? He’s more valuable than Edvisson in a vacuum but we need other top D so much as well. If they’d accept a package of our 1st this season + lesser pieces like Zadina/Veleno/even Cossa etc then I’m all for it

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
It’s cute how flames fans are discussing Andersson availability as if the jets would even consider that offer.

an elite ppg #1c that is signed for 2 more seasons at an absolute steal of a deal is going to cost a lot more than just a good prospect and a top 4 d.

hell if that’s the price I’m sure every team would match it

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
It’s cute how flames fans are discussing Andersson availability as if the jets would even consider that offer.

an elite ppg #1c that is signed for 2 more seasons at an absolute steal of a deal is going to cost a lot more than just a good prospect and a top 4 d.

hell if that’s the price I’m sure every team would match it
Rangers fans will give you a late 1st and 2 of their failing prospects

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
What's the realistic ask from the Ducks?

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
I never really understood why Paul Maurice broke up the Scheiffle-Laine duo when they were absolutely killing it together.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Could see quite a few teams as solid trade partners. Knowing Winnipeg, preference will be to send him East, and almost definitely not to another team in the Central. Jets would likely be looking for centers and dmen, with a slight preference for right hand shots for both. Some potential teams and young players Jets would be interested in (and no, not all are RHS centers and defensemen)

NYR - Schneider, Lafrenière, Lundkvist
DET - Edvinsson, Berggren
FLA - Lundell, Samoskevich, Denisenko
NJD - Mercer, Holtz, L.Hughes
LAK - Turcotte, Clarke

I could also see Jets adding one of Samberg/Heinola/Stanley in the right circumstance as they are all more than capable of playing NHL minutes but there is a logjam at LHD.

Reactions: Heldig
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad