Speculation: This Could Be Scheifele's Last Season In WPG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Backlund, Monahan, and Lucic traded...Scheifele in....Gaudreau/Tkachuk resigned.

Gaudreau-Lindholm-Tkachuk
Mangiapane-Scheifele-Toffoli

A man can dream.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Interesting. Seems like it's just not working out in WPG, but Schiefele is a good player on a good contract. This would almost certainly have to be an offseason move, but this is pretty much a guaranteed blockbuster if it happens.

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
Could see quite a few teams as solid trade partners. Knowing Winnipeg, preference will be to send him East, and almost definitely not to another team in the Central. Jets would likely be looking for centers and dmen, with a slight preference for right hand shots for both. Some potential teams and young players Jets would be interested in (and no, not all are RHS centers and defensemen)

NYR - Schneider, Lafrenière, Lundkvist
DET - Edvinsson, Berggren
FLA - Lundell, Samoskevich, Denisenko
NJD - Mercer, Holtz, L.Hughes
LAK - Turcotte, Clarke

I could also see Jets adding one of Samberg/Heinola/Stanley in the right circumstance as they are all more than capable of playing NHL minutes but there is a logjam at LHD.

None of these makes any sense for the other team

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
None of these makes any sense for the other team
Just to be clear, I don’t mean all of those prospects for Scheifele…

Tell me how a PPG RHS center with two years remaining at 6m wouldn’t help NYR, FLA win a cup immediately, and/or accelerate playoff contention and prospect development for LAK, NJD, DET who all have very high upside, young ELC’s on the books?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I don't want to move Pastrnak, but C is definitely a position of need for the Bruins...

It would be hard to give him up, but I'd make him available for Scheifle, I can't say all Bruins fans will agree with that, personally, I'd definitely explore that. Especially if they think Lysell is the real deal.

They get older and create another roster hole. Even if Lysell is the real deal, he won’t be Pastrnak level for at least another 3-4 years (if he’s even close). By then, Scheifele is 32-33 years old and probably getting paid another 3-4M.

It makes no sense trading Pastrnak for Scheifele. He only makes sense if you’re moving a prospect package and not sure Boston makes the deal they need to get him. plus? WPG gets better offers elsewhere.

Reactions: wintersej

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
rofl, cause what you were offering was going to help us win....

Jets seem to have the roster to contend ....

Thought they would of beat Montreal last year......

What do you think is stopping them from taking the next step ?

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
They get older and create another roster hole. Even if Lysell is the real deal, he won’t be Pastrnak level for at least another 3-4 years (if he’s even close). By then, Scheifele is 32-33 years old and probably getting paid another 3-4M.

It makes no sense trading Pastrnak for Scheifele. He only makes sense if you’re moving a prospect package and not sure Boston makes the deal they need to get him. plus? WPG gets better offers elsewhere.

While I don't completely disagree with you, a franchise center is worth more than a franchise winger. Schiefele is 3 years older than Pastrnak, not a crazy window, but I can see where you are coming from.

That said, I'd consider it if Pastrnak isn't sticking around long term at the end of his contract. Easier to rebuild around a #1C than a #1RW. Would I like Schiefele to be younger? Of course it would be nice, but 28 isn't that bad. Would I 100% do the trade straight up? I don't know, but that's the level of player I'd move Pastrnak for if we were considering, in my opinion at least. Again, repeating, I'm not advocating moving him, just if we did, getting a star player back would be nice instead of a bunch of dimes.

Anyways, I think Winnipeg would get better offers, and I don't think we would have the assets to get him unless we gut our prospect line if we aren't trading roster players. So maybe he'll just not happen. Which is probably what I'm expecting anyways.

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
when scheifele's not scoring it is, but imho I think if we had any bottom six scoring scheif wouldn't need to cheat as much for offense we rely way to much on our top 2 lines to score

Ok thanks...

One last question, do you think Torts would be a good fit there ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad