Speculation: This Could Be Scheifele's Last Season In WPG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledge And Dairy

If San Jose gets involved, I see 1st 2022, 1st 2023, Cond. 2nd 2024, William Eklund and a third team to acquire Hertl for probably futures going Winnipeg's way.

If Florida gets involved, I would say Spencer Knight, Sam Bennett, 1st 2022 and 1st 2024.

Overpayment, but the thing is his contract is not only cheap, but has term. Boston, Carolina, NYR, Washington, or Pittsburgh are other places I see. But for some reason I see San Jose.
My god you clearly overvalue Scheifele.

2 likely lottery picks in really strong drafts, a recent top 10 pick, and then all the assets from a different center that is only a bit worse than Scheifele? Not to mention the conditional 2nd. That's McDavid territory

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
Don't think florida need another center they are set down the middle with Barkov, Lundell and Bennet.

But a team like Boston and even the Rangers have a need for mr Zoolander.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Looks like Jets ERA of the Maurice, Wheeler, Scheifele love triangle has come crashing down this season. So much potential in some of those rosters but in the end it was a complete flop.

With Strome still unsigned, Rangers could be a good fit if Scheifele can live with not being the #1 guy in the team.

Reactions: Easternbull

GreenLine

May 24, 2021
Looks like Jets ERA of the Maurice, Wheeler, Scheifele love triangle has come crashing down this season. So much potential in some of those rosters but in the end it was a complete flop.

With Strome still unsigned, Rangers could be a good fit if Scheifele can live with not being the #1 guy in the team.
He'd clearly be the #1 center and it's not like he hasn't played with strong teammates before, so I don't understand your qualifier "being the #1 guy on the team"

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Strongly disagree, moving Ras makes a hole 20x larger than what we fill by getting Scheifele, If Winnipeg is moving Scheifele they are retooling. They will want top prospect. Not a "good, but not great" RD. They already have 3 of those
if hes good but not great why isnt he available lol and how does he create a hole 20 times larger than a top 6 C

Ledge And Dairy

if hes good but not great why isnt he available lol and how does he create a hole 20 times larger than a top 6 C
Is this really that hard to understand? Calgary's RD depth goes to Tanev - Gudbranson - Stone, and their center depth goes to Lindholm - Scheifele - Backlund - Monahan.

You expect Gudbranson to play 20+ minutes a night?

Also the "good but not great" was in reference to DeMelo, Pionk, and Schmidt

IcedJuicebox

Feb 2, 2019
Could see quite a few teams as solid trade partners. Knowing Winnipeg, preference will be to send him East, and almost definitely not to another team in the Central. Jets would likely be looking for centers and dmen, with a slight preference for right hand shots for both. Some potential teams and young players Jets would be interested in (and no, not all are RHS centers and defensemen)

NYR - Schneider, Lafrenière, Lundkvist
DET - Edvinsson, Berggren
FLA - Lundell, Samoskevich, Denisenko
NJD - Mercer, Holtz, L.Hughes
LAK - Turcotte, Clarke

I could also see Jets adding one of Samberg/Heinola/Stanley in the right circumstance as they are all more than capable of playing NHL minutes but there is a logjam at LHD.
From Detroit, I think scheif would be worth that, if they were closer to competing, but is doesn't make sense for us.

Trading a top 6 winger would be fine, but trading a top pair d for a center wouldn't be smart.

We're better off building like we are and signing a free agent down the line if we need to.

There is always the option that Yzerman just fleeces the jets though, which wouldn't surprise me.

TradeAllStromes

Even my son not as lazy as stromes
Nov 14, 2018
Finland
Why would jets do that. He definitely a ranger if getting traded, we got perfect place for him. AND no strome to bring everything down once aquired.
Laff/Kakko starting piece, Strome (cap/trade flip), 1st.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Why would jets do that. He definitely a ranger if getting traded, we got perfect place for him. AND no strome to bring everything down once aquired.
Laff/Kakko starting piece, Strome (cap/trade flip), 1st.
Change Strome to Schneider and you're starting to fill needs for Winnipeg if they trade Scheifele. Laff/Kakko are all right, but aren't marquee pieces in landing a 1C.

ManByng

Oilers cup 2025
Aug 4, 2009
Reykjavik, Iceland
I hope Calgary is in on this too, Monahan would have to go back (or elsewhere) but they still have all their top prospects, only one I would have off the table is Wolf

I think Carolina is very happy with their current center depth, Scheifele is a step up from Trocheck but cost assets, resigning Tro is free. Plus they have KK who is coming around

Doesn’t Carolina have the option of not re-signing Kotkaniemi and letting him walk as a RFA? That 6 million + could then be used for the Scheiflie (sp?) contract with 2 years left at $6.1 mil/per and who’d be a clear upgrade on Kotkaniemi? o_O

Last edited:

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
If San Jose gets involved, I see 1st 2022, 1st 2023, Cond. 2nd 2024, William Eklund and a third team to acquire Hertl for probably futures going Winnipeg's way.

If Florida gets involved, I would say Spencer Knight, Sam Bennett, 1st 2022 and 1st 2024.

Overpayment, but the thing is his contract is not only cheap, but has term. Boston, Carolina, NYR, Washington, or Pittsburgh are other places I see. But for some reason I see San Jose.
Way too expensive for SJ
Are you suggesting we trade two future 1sts + Eklund and whatever we can get for Hertl? Rather just keep Hertl. Not nearly enough of an upgrade for what you're proposing

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
He'd clearly be the #1 center and it's not like he hasn't played with strong teammates before, so I don't understand your qualifier "being the #1 guy on the team"
Zibanejad and Panarin are the leaders and go to guys in Rangers. Scheif would not march in to that lockerroom and be a leader and 1C like he is in Peg.

ManByng

Oilers cup 2025
Aug 4, 2009
Reykjavik, Iceland
Trading for Scheifle and his $6 mil + for 2 more years will likely be way cheaper for the Rangers than signing Hertl who will likely want $8 mil/per, though they’d likely have to part with good young talent to get him and not just Studnika and a first rounder!
Rangers ain’t getting him for free!! Think Chytil and a player with term to help offset the Rangers cost like d-man Ryan Lindgren at $3 mil/per for 2 more years. o_O

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Man, I'd give up a pretty decent package for him.

How's a 1st + '23 2nd, + Studnicka?
That's not really a decent package...

As someone else said, only the 1st really holds value, the others are throw ins.

I'd expect unless the GM was Chiarelli or one of the many Bruins GMs that traded away players for scraps, that's not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad