Speculation: This Could Be Scheifele's Last Season In WPG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
The Wild seems like the best fit . They are a very good team with out a top C , add one and that team is going places .
Hard to trade him in the division to a key rival. Do the Wild have the pieces to make it worthwhile?

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
Do Jets fan realize that almost 95% of the time the players they’d be acquiring are under valued compared to what fans want?

That being said. I’d give up Kaapo Kakko in a package.

Laf, Jones, Schneider won’t be traded. Their other options otherwise they can try to work a deal with someone else

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Do Jets fan realize that almost 95% of the time the players they’d be acquiring are under valued compared to what fans want?

That being said. I’d give up Kaapo Kakko in a package.

Laf, Jones, Schneider won’t be traded. Their other options otherwise they can try to work a deal with someone else
Now Jones is untouchable too? LOL.

PepeBostones

Mar 3, 2002
What if I start with Brandon Carlo. RHD, 25 years old shutdown defender, signed through 26-27 Cap $4.1m. Should we continue to talk?

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
He's definitely a better center than Zibanejad

I have to disagree. Zibanejad is no Barkov or Danault but IMHO he is better defensively then 55.

This is just a theory, but maybe Maurice/Chevy have tried and tried to get Mark to improve his 200ft game and he is already 28 and both have finally realized that he will not change or own up to the fact he can still improve thease areas of his game.

I'm not too familiar with Bostons prospect pool and can't see them moving Pasta, but what about Ottawa or Detroit?

Think the rangers shoud move Laff or Kakko + prospect/picks if they could land Scheiffele, hard to see Gallant letting him get away with not playing a 200ft game.

Last edited:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
What if I start with Brandon Carlo. RHD, 25 years old shutdown defender, signed through 26-27 Cap $4.1m. Should we continue to talk?

Barring Cole P taking over as 2C starting next season I can’t see Mark being traded for anything other then a lateral move for another centre like Horvat+ or a big futures package of picks & prospects that includes one very good centre prospect.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Second time I’ve said something about this in a few days, but what if we involve a 3rd team and Boston moves Pastrnak and some of those pieces go to Winnipeg for Scheifele.
Both teams can add as needed depending on the third party.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
I’m thinking Drury would go Chytil, either Kravy or Nils, a 1st, and one more piece to retain 1.5 mil or so, call it a 2nd or another B prospect. Understand if Peg walks if it thinks a better deal exists out there. Schneider is a deal killer either way IMO.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Colorado should be all over this.

MacKinnon and Schiefele down the middle would be unreal and an upgrade over what they have now.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Second time I’ve said something about this in a few days, but what if we involve a 3rd team and Boston moves Pastrnak and some of those pieces go to Winnipeg for Scheifele.
Both teams can add as needed depending on the third party.
What happened with Pasta in Boston? I don't follow the team closely, but, stats watching he is always at the top of the league.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
It'd be kind of funny if Columbus got him.

It's not a completely insane proposition. Defense is what they've got, offense is what they need and that's where Scheifele shines. They have the cap space. They have plenty of assets to spend. And I don't see any bad blood between Chevy and Jarmo, they sorted out the Dubois Laine Roslovic trade just fine.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

RazorSeider53

Feb 18, 2022
Wings desperately need a 1C or 2C with Larkin, this guy would be incredible

I thought the same exact thing, but I don’t see what we could realistically offer.

Larkin/Raymond/Seider/Edvinsson/1st are off the table. Bertuzzi is ruled out due to his vaccination status. (And I have no interest in trading him)

You’d essentially have to build a package around Vrana, which would require WPG being really interested in Vrana.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I thought the same exact thing, but I don’t see what we could realistically offer.

Larkin/Raymond/Seider/Edvinsson/1st are off the table. Bertuzzi is ruled out due to his vaccination status. (And I have no interest in trading him)

You’d essentially have to build a package around Vrana, which would require WPG being really interested in Vrana.
You are right, I just don't see a package with all of those off the table. Which is totally fine, I don't know why Detroit would rush their rebuild.

RazorSeider53

Feb 18, 2022
If San Jose gets involved, I see 1st 2022, 1st 2023, Cond. 2nd 2024, William Eklund and a third team to acquire Hertl for probably futures going Winnipeg's way.

If Florida gets involved, I would say Spencer Knight, Sam Bennett, 1st 2022 and 1st 2024.

Overpayment, but the thing is his contract is not only cheap, but has term. Boston, Carolina, NYR, Washington, or Pittsburgh are other places I see. But for some reason I see San Jose.

Just to be clear, you think the value difference between Hertl and Scheifele is last year’s 7th OA pick, 8-12th OA this year, and a probable top 15 pick next year?

… Good luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad