Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

Status
Not open for further replies.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
It sure looks as if Farabee is a goner for some type of draft move. If TK is pricing himself out of here as well. Then a remake is in going down. Sort of similar to Holmgren trading out Richards an Carter. Each of them should bring back top of ten talent. We’ll soon see who they will fetch.
I hope Briere goes further and dumps Ristolainen, Laughton and Deslauriers.

Reactions: BiggE and Curufinwe

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Friedman on 32 thoughts this AM:

-Wonders what adding Michkov will mean for the rebuild. Compares the situation to Panarin joining the Rangers
-Said he’s not sure the deal with Ottawa still happens
-Mentions talks with Konecny are “slower than expected.” Said he isn’t sure what that will mean in regard to whether a deal can be agreed upon.
-Marek mentioned the teams cap situation as an obstacle to any moves made this week
yes..cause no one could foresee this :rolleyes:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

These are two separate thoughts. The rumored Ottawa deal apparently has lost some steam. The Konecny talks have apparently gone slower than imagined.

No inside info, just reading tea leaves.

Do we think this means they were trying to get 7 without moving 12 and now Ottawa doesn’t want to trade out of R1 completely? I’m just not seeing much that would make the Flyers be the one moving on unless there was specific Farabee traction elsewhere. A straight move from 12 to 7 wouldn’t happen until it’s on the clock anyway.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Is this a rumor ? He and MM would be dynamic together.

Sadly no rumor. Just speculation. Minnesota wants to get bigger but their fans seem to like TK. Not sure of Rossi’s value. Yea if we came away with Rossi, Catton, and Eiserman that’s a hell of a good turnaround. You’d likely lose at least TK , Laughton, Fla 1st but at that point you COULD be a 1D away from being a contender haha

Reactions: bennysflyers16

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
dream scenario for me is trading TK for 7, then drafting Buium and Catton at 7 & 12. there's our potential future 1C and 1D. if you can get a haul for TK you do it. we need to start filling holes.
Plus get someone nice at 32. I’ve seen some more well know names project into the 2nd round. Then you still have multiple 1sts and 2nds next year. If it hits that’s a contender out of no where. IMO you really have to trade TK if you can get the 7th. I wouldn’t add though.

Reactions: bauer

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I think a well-run team would be able to use 7+12 better. I don’t personally trust them to pass that test, but it’s just a feeling. In particular, I’m worried about who they would take at 7 and then whether or not they would be able to make the right read on whether to move back out of 12.

I’d prefer 7+12, without question. Also without question, I’d prefer the Flyers take the guaranteed bird in hand in Demidov. Looking at the potential board, 7+12 would be a game changer and a value win. But you’re betting on the Flyers making two right choices consecutively. I could see them skipping the middle option and just making two wrong choices. So many land mines this draft. That’s franchise crippling. On second thought, this sounds like a win-win.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
There has just been so much talk from ASF, and Charlie about them keeping TK. Continously.

I'd love to move him, but just can't see it. My optimistic day dreams aren't really there anymore. Its going to be Yakemchuk or Catton/Helenius as 12. Just a vibe, nothing more.

Possibly decent players, but just kind of more of the same old nice meh pieces.

Its the position one puts themselves in when they put no effort into landing in that top 5, and being content at picking 12th. Imagine being Chicago this year after snagging Bedard, and Moore (not sure if he's playing well).

Anaheim with Carlsson, and who they get this year. Will Smith, and Celebrini.

Those teams just operate in a different lane of thinking. As much as the Flyers will tout Florida as a model to follow, they don't do shit without Barkov.

Exciting players come into the league every year. Flyers are just too arrogant, and lazy to put themselves into a spot to get them. They lucked into Matvei, so they might have one.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Its going to be Yakemchuk or Catton/Helenius as 12. Just a vibe, nothing more.

Possibly decent players, but just kind of more of the same old nice meh pieces.

Catton is one of the most electric, quickest players in the class that you always complain about them avoiding. He’s a top 5 talent. The closest he resembles those two is in taxonomy.

The irony is half the top 10 could be the same nice meh pieces you’re talking about. Lot of questionable ceilings and/or size picks. Flyers might have a chance to save themselves from themselves.

DAVIDE1333

Dec 22, 2019
Catton is one of the most electric, quickest players in the class that you always complain about them avoiding. He’s a top 5 talent. The closest he resembles those two is in taxonomy.

The irony is half the top 10 could be the same nice meh pieces you’re talking about. Lot of questionable ceilings and/or size picks. Flyers might have a chance to save themselves from themselves.
They may save themselves from themselves, but in my head all I can hear is Morgan Freeman saying, "and they didn't save themselves from themselves".

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Magua and BiggE

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

They both stuff dead animals?

• Haha
Reactions: Magua and BiggE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad