Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Question on Catton, what's the knock on him? Everything people are saying about him makes him sound like he should be a top five pick. I like what I have read and seen but I am just curious why he's not being ranked higher?

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH
Question on Catton, what's the knock on him? Everything people are saying about him makes him sound like he should be a top five pick. I like what I have read and seen but I am just curious why he's not being ranked higher?
Really the only issue I've seen is his weight as a center. This is where it becomes a crapshoot with projecting 17-18 year old's ability to add 20+ lbs of good weight without losing anything.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
For some reason, the discussion today about moving Farabee for a mid 1st reminds me of the popular concept that the Flyers had too many young/prospect Defensemen circa 2017 and had to trade some.

If you're trading Farabee for a non-premium pick, you'd better be targeting a player and not the pick itself.

If I’m Columbus I think Farabee has to be the NHL player in that potential deal. I don’t really see why you’d be interested in Laughton. Obviously I don’t think Laughton is any good at this point so he doesn’t really accomplish much in reality. But even through the hockey guy lense given where Columbus’ team is at I’d venture a guess you’d more so want a youngish aged player under contract control opposed to an aging one.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
wait.. what? they are moving just a phonein draft?

There was a unanimous vote to stop in person drafts starting after this one.

"Beginning with the 2025 draft, the process will shift to a decentralized model where general managers and their teams will make their selections from their respective home cities. This approach is expected to simplify logistics for them, facilitate a smoother transition into free agency, and allow the team to organize fan events. At least, that's the rationale being presented to the public to explain the change.:

• Wow
Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Let's move this one to the Draft GDT too and we'll open up another rumors thread after the draft concludes.

Reactions: Tarpongg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I agree with Beef in that, Hage.

nodding-kermit.gif

Hage.

Edit: lol oops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad