GDT: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread , Free Agency Frenzy, July 1st @ 9am PT

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
I wanted him last offseason, but he isn't worth the rumored 6x6. Whoever signs him to that will regret it immediately. I think he's likely to be the free agent with the most buyer's remorse in this free agent class.

Not if it's true he turned down something in the ballpark of 5x5. Even that is too much for him.

Give me a Marino trade 10 times out of 10 over any of UFA options.

Rumor has it he wants 6x6. No thanks to that.
Yikes, nvm. Been out of the loop for a bit. Also thought he was RHD.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You think that would be pretty good this year? Or 3 years from now? Because this year that's a bottom 5 D in the league in real life. That's way too much inexperience.
Not this year, Buium should be in college this year.

But next year and beyond i think its fine.

Would be mintyukov/zellwegers 3rd seasons.... the forwards up front would be more mature and in their primes.... Gudas/Zadorov give Zell/Buium protection in front of the net for Zell/Buium.

Can replace Gudas with a younger Gudas type at some point.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Now that's a player I'd like Verbeek to sign.
If you didn't like the Killorn or Strome contract, you'll need a fainting couch when you see what Zadorov is going to get. It's going to be ugly by year three, if not year two.

Zadorov is a nice 3rd pairing d-man who can fake 2nd pairing minutes for a few games. If he gets more than $4 million, it's an overpayment. He's probably going to get $5.5 from some poor sucker of a GM. I hope it's not ours.

Calling my very low probability shot.

Ducks trade 3 and 31 to Montreal for 5 and 21.
I think the Ducks would have to add a 3rd rounder to move up from 31 to 21 in that deal. I would still do it if they're looking at Buium.

I dont think Montreal needs to move up to 3... unless the Jackets trade the pick to a team trying to get in on Demidov.
The rumors are out there that Carolina is looking at that pick in a Necas deal. Demidov seems right up their alley.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I wanted him last offseason, but he isn't worth the rumored 6x6. Whoever signs him to that will regret it immediately. I think he's likely to be the free agent with the most buyer's remorse in this free agent class.
Unless no one offers that, then Ducks can give him $7 mil for a year! We can dream right?

I'm a little surprised there hasn't been anything about Utah trying to go up to 3. Demidov would be an exciting player to build around there. Their new owner is probably looking to make some sort of splash and Demidov is only a year away (and they have other Russians in their system I think?).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad