Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

Per the Flyers announcement, CBJ must inform the Flyers upon the completion of the first round.

I think Briere said they have to tell him by an hour after the first rounds end. So Friday night likely.

Farabee getting run out of town at a discount to appease the little dictator Torts is so god damn predictable

Makes no sense.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Charlie, who went from “I can’t comment on the draft because I haven’t studied anything” on a Friday, to various radio and podcast appearances the following week as “Philadelphia’s own NHL draft expert.” I wish I was making that up

LM0dcOZ.png

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
I like Bee and think he still has room for improvement. That said, if a trade is made for good value that fits the MM timeline better, I'm good with it. But I'd have a hard time believing that was their real motivation.

Its sad. I'm excited to see Michkov this year, but I'd actually be more excited to hear TORTS was gone. Of course that also assumes he's not being replaced by Lappy.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
If the headline is "Flyers trade Farabee" and its for picks or spareparts...its a bad trade.

If the headline is like "Flyers acquire Zegras" (just using him as an example) and Farabee is apart of the deal...then im more okay with it.

Bottom line...trading him for an upgrade/younger center is fine. Trading him bc torts doesnt like him is dumb.
I think it is pretty likely that there is a mutual wish for a trade.

Reactions: wankstifier

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
I like Bee and think he still has room for improvement. That said, if a trade is made for good value that fits the MM timeline better, I'm good with it. But I'd have a hard time believing that was their real motivation.

Its sad. I'm excited to see Michkov this year, but I'd actually be more excited to hear TORTS was gone. Of course that also assumes he's not being replaced by Lappy.
What timeline is that? The here and now as Kay Hanley once sang.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You know the Flyers are going to do something stupid. It's in this team's management's DNA to do something dumb. I fully expect Tortorella will throw his weight around wanting a grizzled veteran that's a third line checker at best and they'll give up a valuable piece because they're "in it to win it.'

They couldn't sell because they were certain the rebuild that never began was definitely not needed anymore. How can you sell Laughton when you're about to need him most of all!?!? God help us if they have the logical voltage on board to reach the obvious conclusion for their awful assessment and go buying.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
If the headline is "Flyers trade Farabee" and its for picks or spareparts...its a bad trade.

If the headline is like "Flyers acquire Zegras" (just using him as an example) and Farabee is apart of the deal...then im more okay with it.

Bottom line...trading him for an upgrade/younger center is fine. Trading him bc torts doesnt like him is dumb.
I don't think the reasoning matters. If we want to rebuild should want to trade pretty much everyone. Farabee is neither a super valuable piece from a trade standpoint nor is he a key to the rebuild staying here. He's a 25 year old winger who was outside of the top 100 for scoring amongst forwards and this was his best season at least from a stats POV. He's a good complimentary player on a good team but not really a cog on a rebuilding team. If we can get something of value for him (e.g., a first, Zegras, big time prospect, etc.) we should do it even if the reason is "Torts doesn't like him."

Reactions: BiggE

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
What timeline is that? The here and now as Kay Hanley once sang.
If you mean management thinks the rebuild is over, yea, I wouldn't be surprised.

I wouldn't hate trading Bee for someone younger of equivalent value. I have zero faith they can do that.

I don't think the reasoning matters. If we want to rebuild should want to trade pretty much everyone. Farabee is neither a super valuable piece from a trade standpoint nor is he a key to the rebuild staying here. He's a 25 year old winger who was outside of the top 100 for scoring amongst forwards and this was his best season at least from a stats POV. He's a good complimentary player on a good team but not really a cog on a rebuilding team. If we can get something of value for him (e.g., a first, Zegras, big time prospect, etc.) we should do it even if the reason is "Torts doesn't like him."
If they are making decisions based on dumb reasons, how often do you think they'll accidentally do something good versus doing something dumb?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
If they are making decisions based on dumb reasons, how often do you think they'll accidentally do something good versus doing something dumb?
It's not accidental because you dislike the reasoning. If they want to trade Farabee for a 1st because Torts doesn't like him or if they want to trade him for a 1st because they *insert reason you'd be ok with here* the result is the same and both are intentional.

Now, of course if they trade him for scraps or an overpriced guy about to retire, that's a different story.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Farabee is one of very few players on the team I would trade I swear to God if they trade him I'm going to be pissed. Zegras has been mentioned a couple times and I personally would rather have fairy on the team then him. The skill players on this team have been in dire need of a coach that will use them properly, it's sickening and it's also why a lot of people under value some players on this team. It's ridiculous how much time Farabee spent on the lower lines, adding to that the power play and players values on this team have been plummeted for f****** years

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

Boocowski

Mar 31, 2024
There was a rumor going around of Philly being involved with the Ottawa/Boston Ullmark trade so that left me wondering if Torts wants to be reunited with Korpisalo. That would be just like them wouldn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad