Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I was looking at the Flyers anemic goal output under Torts and noticed something weird. Despite the last ranked PP being even worse than you might think (it's a full goal behind #31 in GF/60), the Flyers have actually been good at scoring with an empty net - 9th best in the NHL.

So when they go out for a 5 on 4 PP they are uniquely hopeless, but when they pull the goalie and play 6 on 5, they are quite effective. Is that because with an empty net they just play, and ignore the useless schemes Rocky has dreamed up for the powerplay?

scumpup

Nov 29, 2021
I was looking at the Flyers anemic goal output under Torts and noticed something weird. Despite the last ranked PP being even worse than you might think (it's a full goal behind #31 in GF/60), the Flyers have actually been good at scoring with an empty net - 9th best in the NHL.

So when they go out for a 5 on 4 PP they are uniquely hopeless, but when they pull the goalie and play 6 on 5, they are quite effective. Is that because with an empty net they just play, and ignore the useless schemes Rocky has dreamed up for the powerplay?

if the team had a top 20 power play they would have made it to the playoffs I think thats all we need to know about the team. it's not bottom feeder (propped up by depth and goaltending) but the coaching is atrocious and makes our middling talent worse. A good coach could have made this roster competitive in a 1st or maybe even 2nd round series if that was the real belief.

now of course what was best for the franchise was getting a top 5 draft pick

Reactions: BiggE

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Farabee getting run out of town at a discount to appease the little dictator Torts is so god damn predictable

vZpBql.gif

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Farabee getting run out of town at a discount to appease the little dictator Torts is so god damn predictable
What is a discount on Farabee? I like him and all but he's a career high 50 point winger. I would assume the best we'd get for him would be a 1st and depending on where it was I'd guess we'd have to add (albeit nothing huge on the add unless we are talking like a top ten pick then they may want more). For instance if Demidov falls to 7 and the Sens who apparently we've been talking to about trades says give us 12 and Farabee and you can have Demidov, do you pull the trigger? If so is that a "discount" related to Torts? Or do you pass on Demidov in hopes of trading Farabee maybe for pick 17 straight up and draft a guy like Eiserman who is just probably a worse version of Farabee so you can say you got good value for Farabee and got to draft maybe Helenius or a defenseman who falls a little at 12? Or do you think someone would pay more than that for Farabee but the Flyers won't be able to do it because of Torts?

Reactions: BernieParent

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Charlie keeps banging the drum they’re gonna re-sign Konecny to the point he’s now complaining about people talking about Konecny getting potentially traded. :laugh:
He’s so weird lol.

For a guy who has basically never provided anything useful, he’s getting pretty frustrated that people don’t just automatically accept his word as Gospel.

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild
May 26, 2012
Charlie keeps banging the drum they’re gonna re-sign Konecny to the point he’s now complaining about people talking about Konecny getting potentially traded. :laugh:

Charlie, who went from “I can’t comment on the draft because I haven’t studied anything” on a Friday, to various radio and podcast appearances the following week as “Philadelphia’s own NHL draft expert.” I wish I was making that up

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
What is a discount on Farabee? I like him and all but he's a career high 50 point winger. I would assume the best we'd get for him would be a 1st and depending on where it was I'd guess we'd have to add (albeit nothing huge on the add unless we are talking like a top ten pick then they may want more). For instance if Demidov falls to 7 and the Sens who apparently we've been talking to about trades says give us 12 and Farabee and you can have Demidov, do you pull the trigger? If so is that a "discount" related to Torts? Or do you pass on Demidov in hopes of trading Farabee maybe for pick 17 straight up and draft a guy like Eiserman who is just probably a worse version of Farabee so you can say you got good value for Farabee and got to draft maybe Helenius or a defenseman who falls a little at 12? Or do you think someone would pay more than that for Farabee but the Flyers won't be able to do it because of Torts?
If the headline is "Flyers trade Farabee" and its for picks or spareparts...its a bad trade.

If the headline is like "Flyers acquire Zegras" (just using him as an example) and Farabee is apart of the deal...then im more okay with it.

Bottom line...trading him for an upgrade/younger center is fine. Trading him bc torts doesnt like him is dumb.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He’s so weird lol.

For a guy who has basically never provided anything useful, he’s getting pretty frustrated that people don’t just automatically accept his word as Gospel.

I think he’s ultimately right or will end up being right because I don’t think the Flyers are going to move on from Konecny. It sounds like from him & others Konecny doesn’t really want to move on either. I think $9-10M range per year is probably a comfortable spot for both parties too.

I just couldn’t imagine getting that bent out of shape over what people think on the internet. I laugh at some of the lunatics on twitter in the septic thread but it generally doesn’t bother me they say crazy shit. It’s actually the opposite, it’s entertaining more times than not. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad