Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
Dave Pagnotta:

• Rumblings Wednesday over a potential Ottawa/Philadelphia trade have led to endless speculation over what that could mean. I’m not sure what it may look like, but here’s what we know: the Flyers have had interest in Jakob Chychrun and the Senators have had interest in Scott Laughton. Philly is also looking to move up in the Draft. Do the dots connect?
  • Also on the Flyers, they are open to trading winger Joel Farabee and have been shopping him.

Trading the only natural LW in the org that‘s young and on a good deal. Brilliant.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Dave Pagnotta:

• Rumblings Wednesday over a potential Ottawa/Philadelphia trade have led to endless speculation over what that could mean. I’m not sure what it may look like, but here’s what we know: the Flyers have had interest in Jakob Chychrun and the Senators have had interest in Scott Laughton. Philly is also looking to move up in the Draft. Do the dots connect?
  • Also on the Flyers, they are open to trading winger Joel Farabee and have been shopping him.

Oh, Laughton involved? Ok then this must not be serious

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Makes no sense how he ended up in Toronto and Seattle unless he had an epiphany when he was on sabbatical in Finland.

Toronto is the confusing one. Seattle is definitely steeped in the "Old School" mentality. Like the Flyers, I wouldn't be surprised to find out Seattle's management is certain that you can indeed have too much talent, and that having too much is a lot worse than having too little. Hakstol would be a wonder for those types.

Reactions: BiggE

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Farabee is one of the better 5v5 goal scorers and point getters in the league over a 4 year span. He’s a 24 year old 50 point player, which included a late skid and playing on the worst PP in the league. Instead of seeing how much the PP has harmed overall numbers, they keep the PP coach and look to dump the scant young non-4th line talent. Your Flyers.

(Obviously, anyone should be available. But there’s a distinction between listening and actively dumping.)

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Only thin g I am saying is what the esteemed President said himself.

This new 3 stooges' approach has not been impressive in any way so far.
I'm not suggesting it is impressive, but it also isn't the unmitigated disaster and also hasn't been enough time to even make a truly informed opinion. The worst thing that's happened since Briere, Jones, etc. took over is the team played way better than expected. Briere has had one off-season. They made some good trades and some not so good trades. They made some good signings and some not so good signings. I think most people like their draft last year. I keep repeating this over and over, but there's a lot to complain about with this organization, but these conspiracy theories that they only like big guys, or hate young guys, or the newest one apparently being they don't want to make good trades are silly.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I am ambivalent on Farabee being traded. I’m sure it can, and will, happen somewhere else, but there isn’t an indication he can put it all together. Move him before you get to a point where you have to.

I've accepted that he is a goner thanks to Tortorella. All that remains is seeing if value can be had.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Farabee is one of the better 5v5 goal scorers and point getters in the league over a 4 year span. He’s a 24 year old 50 point player, which included a late skid and playing on the worst PP in the league. Instead of seeing how much the PP has harmed overall numbers, they keep the PP coach and look to dump the scant young non-4th line talent. Your Flyers.

(Obviously, anyone should be available. But there’s a distinction between listening and actively dumping.)
Keeping Rocky has to top the list of pure incompetence and should make it clear to anyone on the fence as to what this org is all about.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I’ll never understand how Frost is a 50 point center, Farabee is a 50 point winger, Tippett is a 50 point winger. All within a year of age.

One is an 8 year core player. The other two are franchise detriments not fulfilling their potential.

The key to being sane and balanced is not trying to understand.

That's what is wrong with me. I understand. There are consequences to that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad