Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boocowski

Mar 31, 2024

Krebs? Interest in Krebs? That is the weirdest thing I've read yet. He's a 4th liner at best.

I think it's possible so many teams are willing to move first rounders this year is that after the first few there's a lot of guys who are all kind of around the same and GMs aren't sure who to pick and don't want to get it wrong. Easier to trade it away for a known commodity.

Flyers, on the other hand, have their own ideas, as usual.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Chychrun, chabot, pinto, krebs...why cant we ever be interested in good players?

Buff and Ottawa are desperate to compete. Guys like Laughton and TK would be very intriguing them as an upgrade. Dont see why we cant get them to fight over them and give up a young piece that could actually help us.

Nah we will take young 3rd nn4th liners snd injury prone D. K thankes bye.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Reactions: MrGuyPerson

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Chychrun, chabot, pinto, krebs...why cant we ever be interested in good players?

Buff and Ottawa are desperate to compete. Guys like Laughton and TK would be very intriguing them as an upgrade. Dont see why we cant get them to fight over them and give up a young piece that could actually help us.

Nah we will take young 3rd nn4th liners snd injury prone D. K thankes bye.
because building from the 4th line is how #culture is made..

🤣🤣

STG, ASF said he doesn't think they will pick 12th. Try to trade up and if unsuccessful l, trade back
cant wait to see the plug they sign at 22nd OA after trading 12th away...

🤮👍🤣

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That would be pretty awesome. I wonder if they could swing something like the Avs 1st plus more and grab 3 first round picks this year.
They got that pick next year because that’s when they wanted it, so it’s unlikely they use it to get another pick this year unless it’s getting them a higher pick.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
They got that pick next year because that’s when they wanted it, so it’s unlikely they use it to get another pick this year unless it’s getting them a higher pick.
I think the 1st is top ten protected so getting #11 this year seems like a guarantee to be better than next year.

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH
I am wondering if they are targeting #7 in case Demidov falls because of the concern about having to wait, the past couple of weeks teams have been having "concerns" which is the lower teams trying to push him down.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
The picks Danny have been linked to make a lot of sense. Both teams that underachieved and are likely under pressure to make the playoffs now. Those are the teams you should target given they have higher picks than us.

Overall these rumors alone are a good thing. It shows they know they need to come up with higher end talent. Plus Michkov and what Bonk has done are reassuring.

I would much rather have the 11th and 12th with 31/32 than 7 and 31/32. That would be a major win in my book.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
What is the "more" you are adding?
Unclear but they obviously wouldn't do it straight up so we'd have to add something. Obviously if they want both firsts or something like that it isn't worth it but if they take next year's first and one of our seconds this year or something like that, I'd jump on that. Not sure honestly what the cost would be though but the idea of coming away with three firsts this year maybe getting a good forward and a good defenseman at 11/12 and then maybe a faller at the back of the draft would be a nice kick to the process. Especially if Konecny or Farabee etc. are moved at some point for picks next year or I suppose even this year.

Perhaps it is a pipe dream but if they could get #11 without giving up any firsts this year, then trade 11 or 12 plus maybe a guy like Farabee to move up and get Demidov and then take a defender with the other 11 or 12 pick plus maybe someone falls like Eiserman into the late teens or something and they trade up to get him? Have a line one day of Demidov-Michkov-Eiserman. Hubba hubba.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I firmly expect a lot of smoke, no fire and general disappointment with the Flyers selection at #12

It will probably be Yakemchuk if they stay put if he’s there. Eiserman if they trade back. The more unlikely move up or get an earlier pick is more of a question to me. They were heavily rumored for Cutter and Michkov. They don’t seem to hide their picks like other things.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
It will probably be Yakemchuk if they stay put if he’s there. Eiserman if they trade back. The more unlikely move up or get an earlier pick is more of a question to me. They were heavily rumored for Cutter and Michkov. They don’t seem to hide their picks like other things.
Gauthier, yeah, but mostly because the top 3 or 4 that year were pretty likely to fall as they did.

Michkov? There were no rumors about him, other than the typical “maybe they have interest, maybe they don’t” that we’re getting this year.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Gauthier, yeah, but mostly because the top 3 or 4 that year were pretty likely to fall as they did.

Michkov? There were no rumors about him, other than the typical “maybe they have interest, maybe they don’t” that we’re getting this year.
There were rumors out there. Maybe I am misremembering though. I do remember being very hopeful to get him but being unsure.

What is interesting is they were trying to trade up for Michkov and got him anyway so they got lucky. Let’s hope that’s not the plan for Yakemchuk.

Reactions: Random Forest

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
There were rumors out there. Maybe I am misremembering though. I do remember being very hopeful to get him but being unsure.

What is interesting is they were trying to trade up for Michkov and got him anyway so they got lucky. Let’s hope that’s not the plan for Yakemchuk.
Definitely. I just distinctly remember having zero expectation that they would pick Michkov even if he was there.

If I remember correctly, the “groan” pick we expected them to make last year was Ryan Leonard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad