Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
There were rumors out there. Maybe I am misremembering though. I do remember being very hopeful to get him but being unsure.

What is interesting is they were trying to trade up for Michkov and got him anyway so they got lucky. Let’s hope that’s not the plan for Yakemchuk.

They also tried to trade into the top 5 for Reinbacher. Less good. A lot less.

If Demidov is available at #4, Farabee + #12 wouldn’t be the worst trade in the world.

I am generally in favor of big swings at meaningful talent. I don’t think anything about their organizational posturing is about slowing down the timeline with a deal like that, but of course I’m guessing. Who they move up for is almost more important to me than the cost at this point. Everyone and everything besides Michkov has to be available.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Some interesting mock draft picks for the Flyers at #12 across a bunch of different sources.

Dickinson (x2)
Iginla (x2)
Yakemchuk (x2)
Helenius

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I am generally in favor of big swings at meaningful talent. I don’t think anything about their organizational posturing is about slowing down the timeline with a deal like that, but of course I’m guessing. Who they move up for is almost more important to me than the cost at this point. Everyone and everything besides Michkov has to be available.
That's the thing that everyone needs to accept. Overpaying to get a big time guy isn't an issue (within reason, obviously). Yes, you want to win every trade and you want to get the best deal possible but if there a stud player we want and the price is firm at something that is lopsided, as long as it doesn't involve dealing away a key cog for the future you do it. Yes if they want ten first round picks the answer would be no, but there is definitely an overpayment in there somewhere that would be a good move long term even if you "lose" the trade on paper.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
That's the thing that everyone needs to accept. Overpaying to get a big time guy isn't an issue (within reason, obviously). Yes, you want to win every trade and you want to get the best deal possible but if there a stud player we want and the price is firm at something that is lopsided, as long as it doesn't involve dealing away a key cog for the future you do it. Yes if they want ten first round picks the answer would be no, but there is definitely an overpayment in there somewhere that would be a good move long term even if you "lose" the trade on paper.
Flyers don't. The President said so.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Briere is right, the league needs to give them some direction one way or the other.
They do. If the Flyers are forced to make the decision (any of the teams for that matter) and they keep him, they are condoning rape…if they decline and he is proven innocent and allowed to play, they give up a #1 goaltender and get nothing in return. Then a team can just sign him for nothing, giving an innocent person a 2nd chance.

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Stay Buckled. Top 10 picks rarely get traded. Maybe once every few years?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
They do. If the Flyers are forced to make the decision (any of the teams for that matter) and they keep him, they are condoning rape…if they decline and he is proven innocent and allowed to play, they give up a #1 goaltender and get nothing in return. Then a team can just sign him for nothing, giving an innocent person a 2nd chance.
He won’t be proven innocent. If he’s found not guilty, no team is going to want him anyway. Not after the sordid details of the gb are laid out in excruciating detail.

The Flyers already have 5 goalies signed to NHL deals. Time to move on.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
I think the Islanders in 2009 or something right? When a team swapped picks within the top 10? There’s been trades for veteran players. And almost all of them regret it.
Cory Schneider to the devils for 7 was it? I think it was 2011, or 2012

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I wouldn't bet surprised if the Flyers hook up with the Senators on a deal. #7 and #12 might be involved in it if the right player is there for the Flyers.
Aside from that possibility, Ottawa wants to ditch either Chabot or Chychryn and are looking for a RHD. Risto would fill the bill for them. He still has cachet around the league and has improved defensively under Shaw. Chabot's contract is a problem for Ottawa but Risto isn't cheap.
Then there is the potential for a Frost-Pinto swap. Ottawa was not happy with Pinto's hold out and subsequent gambling suspension. They could see getting Frost back for him as a fair deal. Anyway, these two clubs match up as ones that could help each other through trades.

Reactions: Larry44

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
I wouldn't bet surprised if the Flyers hook up with the Senators on a deal. #7 and #12 might be involved in it if the right player is there for the Flyers.
Aside from that possibility, Ottawa wants to ditch either Chabot or Chychryn and are looking for a RHD. Risto would fill the bill for them. He still has cachet around the league and has improved defensively under Shaw. Chabot's contract is a problem for Ottawa but Risto isn't cheap.
Then there is the potential for a Frost-Pinto swap. Ottawa was not happy with Pinto's hold out and subsequent gambling suspension. They could see getting Frost back for him as a fair deal. Anyway, these two clubs match up as ones that could help each other through trades.
Risto has zero value at the moment. Probably any moment. How many games he miss at the end of the season? Just had surgery. No team is taking that without seeing him come back healthy for starters.

I do not think they want to move Pinto at all. They are trying to sign him.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Flyers don't. The President said so.
There really isn't anything you can read into that they say. No GM is going to come out and say "WE WANT TO RIP OFF EVERY OTHER GM" when they speak to the media. They're all going to say, "we want to make the team better and have a fair trade" blah blah blah. There is zero chance that Briere or whomever would turn down a trade that was too beneficial to them or would offer more than they think would get a trade done just because (sometimes, obviously that may be different if there is some kind of bidding war or time constraint they may come out strong to ensure it gets done).

I believe you are referring to a quote where Briere or someone said we want to make trades that make sense for both teams or something like that. That's just media speak. Just like they won't give a comment about being desperate to trade or sign or acquire someone or get rid of someone etc. Just generalized cliches. That doesn't mean they'll make only great trades but we need stop pretending like these guys are literally just clueless. They are not perfect, this organization is not well run. But they aren't just going, "Duh, we need a big guy lets trade first round pick because we want to be nice."

Reactions: Larry44

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
There really isn't anything you can read into that they say. No GM is going to come out and say "WE WANT TO RIP OFF EVERY OTHER GM" when they speak to the media. They're all going to say, "we want to make the team better and have a fair trade" blah blah blah. There is zero chance that Briere or whomever would turn down a trade that was too beneficial to them or would offer more than they think would get a trade done just because (sometimes, obviously that may be different if there is some kind of bidding war or time constraint they may come out strong to ensure it gets done).

I believe you are referring to a quote where Briere or someone said we want to make trades that make sense for both teams or something like that. That's just media speak. Just like they won't give a comment about being desperate to trade or sign or acquire someone or get rid of someone etc. Just generalized cliches. That doesn't mean they'll make only great trades but we need stop pretending like these guys are literally just clueless. They are not perfect, this organization is not well run. But they aren't just going, "Duh, we need a big guy lets trade first round pick because we want to be nice."
Well you can interpret it your way, I will interpret it my way based on how the Flyers do things.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Stay Buckled. Top 10 picks rarely get traded. Maybe once every few years?

Sens did it at draft two years ago

To :sens
LW/RW Alex Debrincat

To :hawks
2022 1st round pick, 7th overall (Hawks selected D Kevin Korchinski)
2022 2nd round pick, 39th overall (Hawks selected C Paul Ludwinski)
2024 3rd round pick, 72nd overall

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Well you can interpret it your way, I will interpret it my way based on how the Flyers do things.
I'm not interpreting anything I'm ignoring it. But that isn't how they do things. Of course they have made bad trades, but they have also made good trades. You can't just ignore the good things they have done and pretend like it either didn't happen or was an accident and then say all the bad things were intentional or they are incompetent 100% of the time. There's plenty of things to complain about here, but pretending that they intentionally make bad trades or whatever it is you are saying they do, is not one of them.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
I'm not interpreting anything I'm ignoring it. But that isn't how they do things. Of course they have made bad trades, but they have also made good trades. You can't just ignore the good things they have done and pretend like it either didn't happen or was an accident and then say all the bad things were intentional or they are incompetent 100% of the time. There's plenty of things to complain about here, but pretending that they intentionally make bad trades or whatever it is you are saying they do, is not one of them.
Only thin g I am saying is what the esteemed President said himself.

This new 3 stooges' approach has not been impressive in any way so far.

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Dave Pagnotta:

• Rumblings Wednesday over a potential Ottawa/Philadelphia trade have led to endless speculation over what that could mean. I’m not sure what it may look like, but here’s what we know: the Flyers have had interest in Jakob Chychrun and the Senators have had interest in Scott Laughton. Philly is also looking to move up in the Draft. Do the dots connect?
  • Also on the Flyers, they are open to trading winger Joel Farabee and have been shopping him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad