Confirmed Trade: [SJS/BUF] 2024 1st (11OA) for 2024 1st (14OA) and 2024 2nd (42OA)

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I think 11 is worth more in a vacuum, and probably the way this draft will break. Maybe Buffalo is making change for a trade?

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
Because New Jersey is rumored to be offering the 10th overall. Unless Buffalo adds a worthwhile piece to the 14th, the higher draft choice is usually the better trade return.
That nj news ( and in Buffalo) is probably dropped by the agent or Carolina per dreger on buffalo radio- they’re trying to push a move or drive up price - I call bs

Reactions: Inno

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think 11 is worth more in a vacuum, and probably the way this draft will break. Maybe Buffalo is making change for a trade?
It's pretty much on par with what AZ traded to PHI back in 2019 to draft Soderstrom while Philly dropped back to take York. #45 went the other way vs #42.

Zarzh

Jun 30, 2015
Interesting, a bit surprising teams are trading up/down ahead of time, before seeing how the draft board starts to fall.

Especially with such an uncertain draft as this in the top 15.
Well it really isn't uncertain. I do wish the Penguins lost an extra game to save 42 but it's kind of just math that someone will fall, just stops them from getting into a bidding war if that someone is Buium or Silayev.

Reactions: Sandisfan

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
34 year old with 2 years remaining vs. a 25 year old with 2 seasons of RFA rights remaining and a likely 8 year candidate. One is worth actually trading the 10th overall for.
so your saying that buffalo who held the 11th pick is now out on necas because they traded down. but they were already one pick below the devils pick so werent they already out before this trade?

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
I think the point system doesn't work without context. I don't see the value the 42 has for the Sabres who already have a deep pool. It's way more important to get the right top 15 player imo
Yep, which is all good if your leaf fan hoping the Sabres lose out on a better player!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad