The, "Wow! I totally forgot that this player had played for my team," thread

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
Mathieu Schneider for the Canucks.

But I guess that is the wrong answer seeing as I in fact remember it enough to think of it right now.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
NYR

Ozolinsch (50g over 2s)
Daigle (58g)
Kjell Samuelsson (39g over 2s)
Mark Tinordi (24g)
Mattias Norstrom (35g over 3s)

Meuracas

Nov 2, 2013
TBL

Marc Bergevin
Luke Richardson
Gerard Gallant
Petr Svoboda
Craig Janney
Brent Gretzky

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Hossa, Modano, Alfredsson, Vanek, Ryan -- all had a cup of coffee in Detroit.

Yes but on that list only Vanek and Ryan might be the one's people forget.

NYR

Ozolinsch (50g over 2s)
Daigle (58g)
Kjell Samuelsson (39g over 2s)
Mark Tinordi (24g)
Mattias Norstrom (35g over 3s)

Some old school names there. I completely forgot Kjell and Tinordi played for the rags.

Norström I remember vivdly because he was the guy Neil Smith refused to move in the Gretzky trade and then moved him for Kurri and McSorley.

Reactions: Kocur Dill

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Larionov for FLA and NJD

Chris Pronger for Hartford for 2 seasons (I always thought he was traded for Shanahan before playing an NHL game)

Dan Cloutier for LA (was Demko's favourite goalie, growing up in San Diego - I may have just made some of you feel really old, not just me)

Marc Denis - 1 game for MTL

Daigle for MIN

More on topic (since it's supposed to be your team specifically):

For VAN: Mike Ridley, Brian Noonan, Todd Warriner, Eric Weinrich, Magnus Arvedson, Richard Park, Curtis Sanford, Brad Isbister, Michel Oulette.... I could go on all day :laugh::help:

Bonus (players who were VAN property but never played a game): John Van Biesbrouck, Glen Anderson, Craig Janney, Steve Reinprecht

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Larionov for FLA and NJD

Chris Pronger for Hartford for 2 seasons (I always thought he was traded for Shanahan before playing an NHL game)

Dan Cloutier for LA (was Demko's favourite goalie, growing up in San Diego - I may have just made some of you feel really old, not just me)

Marc Denis - 1 game for MTL

Daigle for MIN

More on topic (since it's supposed to be your team specifically):

For VAN: Mike Ridley, Brian Noonan, Todd Warriner, Eric Weinrich, Magnus Arvedson, Richard Park, Curtis Sanford, Brad Isbister, Michel Oulette.... I could go on all day :laugh::help:

Bonus (players who were VAN property but never played a game): John Van Biesbrouck, Glen Anderson, Craig Janney, Steve Reinprecht
Eric weinrich triggered my memory because the Canucks seemed to bring in a bunch of short term vets around that time.

Remember Keith carney, Marc bergevin and Martin rucinsky?

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Petr Nedved on the Oilers...had an amazing 16 games to end 2004...then came back for 19 games in 2007 and was a dud
He was living at the Westin during that time. I was there for work (normal for me -3 times per week). One day I walked with him down to the Boardwalk on 104th. He was extremely nice, I asked him about his home in Czech, his time on the Canadian national team. Solid dude.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
I think the leafs could make a pretty good team of guys who played under 50 games for the leafs..

Ron Francis - Eric Lindros - Joe Thornton
Dickie Moore - Garry Unger - Ken Linseman
Olli Jokinen - Mike Ridley - Don Luce
Milan Michalek - Tomas Plekanec - Mariusz Czerkawski
Dave Bolland/Nick Foligno/Basil Mcrae

Brian Leetch - Phil Housley
Calle Johansson - Glen Wesley
Tim Gleason - Eric Brewer
Craig Muni

Tom Barasso
Olaf Kolzig
Rick Wamsley

---------------------------------
Other 1 season wonders-
  • Joe Nieuwendyk
  • Robert Svehla
  • Benoit Hogue
  • Dave Semenko
  • Jason Allison
  • David Booth
  • Michael Grabner
  • Tyson Barrie
  • Tyler Ennis
  • Paul Ranger
  • Mason Raymond
  • Bryan Boyle
  • Matthew Lombardi
  • Kris Versteeg
  • Zach Bogosian
  • A lot of the 2023 deadline additions

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Christian Ehrhoff for Pittsburgh.

Sometimes I forget Iginla was with Pittsburgh too. TDL acquisition who they tried to make play his off-wing. Also one of the worst playoff series in memory against Boston.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Some Oilers:

Nedved
Sykora
Bryzgalov
Martin Gerber
Mike Greene

And not my team, but I refuse to believe that Iggy played three (!!) seasons in Colorado. How?!

By sucking hard after the first half a season, unfortunately

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Ron Francis played 12 regular season and 12 post-season games for 24 games as a Maple Leaf.

You might be thinking of Phil Housley who played just one regular season game with the Maple Leafs (and three more in the playoffs)

Didn’t Doug Gilmour only play one game in which he got injured in his return to Toronto?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad