Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Some Oilers:

Nedved
Sykora
Bryzgalov
Martin Gerber
Mike Greene

And not my team, but I refuse to believe that Iggy played three (!!) seasons in Colorado. How?!

Never understood why he signed there. He was chasing a cup at that point and waste the last couple years of his career there.

Reactions: Zenos

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Never understood why he signed there. He was chasing a cup at that point and waste the last couple years of his career there.
2013-14 Avalanche went on a PDO bender to win the Central and Iginla thought they were on the upswing, they were average to slightly below average in 2014-15 and 2015-16, and then the wheels fell off in 2016-17.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Going on HockeyReference, for the Canadiens, starting from 1985, omitting really irrelevant players.

Vincent Riendeau (obviously knew he was a Habs prospect, just forgot that he actually played for them)
Jocelyn Lemieux
Ron Wilson
Murray Baron, sortof.
Jassen Cullimore
Barry Richter
Miloslav Guren (arguably irrelevant)
Todd Simpson

I do remember Darryl Shannon being really bad

NYRfan85

D'oh!
Jun 2, 2020
South Carolina
I could spend all day coming up with players that fit the bill for the Rangers, but I'll just present one: Rangers legend Guy Hebert, played in 13 games back in the 2000-01 season.

1705685583338.png

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Jussi Jokinen, noted shootout assassin, played for four teams in 2017-18. He ended his tour with 14 games in Vancouver, and was witness to the final Sedin home game. Actually, if you watch the video of the overtime goal from that game, it's a real "who's who" of forgotten Canucks.

Just a gruesome roster of names here

This is still the only important NHL game where I get to be like: "I was at that game!"

....................... I was at that game :towel:

Eric weinrich triggered my memory because the Canucks seemed to bring in a bunch of short term vets around that time.

Remember Keith carney, Marc bergevin and Martin rucinsky?

Bergevin and Rucinsky were acquired at the '04 deadline. You're thinking of (in addition to Carney and Weinrich) Sean Brown and Mika Noronen. Many a pick was given away that day, only to miss the playoffs... :eyeroll:

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Going on HockeyReference, for the Canadiens, starting from 1985, omitting really irrelevant players.

Vincent Riendeau (obviously knew he was a Habs prospect, just forgot that he actually played for them)
Jocelyn Lemieux
Ron Wilson
Murray Baron, sortof.
Jassen Cullimore
Barry Richter
Miloslav Guren (arguably irrelevant)
Todd Simpson

I do remember Darryl Shannon being really bad
Your threshold for irrelevant players is clearly really high (or low...)

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
Obscure and Random Florida Panthers from Zito era:
Nikita Gusev - Lucas Wallmark - Vinnie Hinostroza
Zac Dalpe - Cole Schwindt - Rudolfs Balcers
Givani Smith - Chris Tierney - Anton Levtchi

Markus Nutivaara - Olli Juolevi
Robert Hagg - Petteri Lindbohm
Matt Kiersted - Kevin Connauton
Noah Juulsen - Riley Stillman
Mike Reilly - Casey Fitzgerald
Chase Priskie

Jonas 10hansson

Sports2

WDI
Jul 1, 2018
:stars
Langenbrunner pt. 2
Sheldon Souray
Derek Roy
Tim Thomas
Eric Cole
Rich Peverley
Patrick Sharp
Dan Hamhuis
Jiri Hudler
Johnny Oduya
Patrick Eaves
Anders Lindback
Jonas Enroth

In like 2015 I wasnt really paying attention which explains like Sharp, Hamhuis, and Oduya and kind of Peverley though Hudler is the true rock star pick here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad