- Bill Ranford
- Ulf Samuelsson
- Ray Whitney
- Corey Cross
- Kyle Calder
- Eric Cole
- Steve Thomas
- Ville Leino

Leino gets so overlooked you didn’t notice the other dude already had him listed. Man, wish I could forget his time in Buffalo. Jail.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
how would i know if i totally forgot

but also owen nolan and scottie upshall played for the canucks on pto's

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
IMG_2480.jpeg

Kolzig

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
For Ottawa

Cory Stillman
Ales Hemsky
Tom Barrasso
Scott Gomez
Brooks Laich
David Legwand

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Just going down the list of past skaters for the Canucks, Marco Sturm had a cup of coffee here at the end of his career, that I remember now but had completely forgotten about

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
As a Sens fan it still blows my mind we had Hasek for a year.

Other notable mentions Juneau, Bondra, Cheechoo.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
How can you forget about a notable player playing for your team?
Pretty easily, actually. A team gets a guy for a couple games very briefly in his career, anyone can forget.

I wonder how many people remember Tom Barrasso playing for the Leafs.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Hershey (AHL) has had its fair share of somewhat notable NHL players- well after their NHL primes- the last 10-15 years.

-Oilers loaned Sheldon Souray here for the entire 2010-11 season.
-Scott Gomez signed here for about a month in winter 2016 trying to work his way back to an NHL contract, which he did.
-Our goaltending tandem for the 2015-16 season was a pair of longtime NHLers, Justin Peters and Dan Ellis.
-Tom Gilbert was traded to Washington around the 2017 deadline and spent the rest of the season in Hershey.
-Memorable to Bears fans, maybe not so much to the rest of you, was Matt Moulson spending the last three years of his career here (and captaining the last two).
-Cody Franson played his last pro season here.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Not that I forget, but it never seems quite real that Luc Robitaille (46 games) and Ziggy Palffy (42 games) played for the penguins.

Zobitembois

Devilsfanindisguise
Jan 25, 2011

Pucklington

Zum Bäcker.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln
Jiri Dopita on Edmonton. Seemed decent in Philly...

And Geoff Sanderson in Edmonton. Canucks fan mentioned him, and I realized I vaguely recall him sucking in Edmonton too...

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
Pretty easily, actually. A team gets a guy for a couple games very briefly in his career, anyone can forget.

I wonder how many people remember Tom Barrasso playing for the Leafs.
I have a pretty good memory about this type of stuff and will admit that I forget so and so played for so and so…not forget but not something I think about and then after a second I remember. That’s for random teams though…would think people remember those that played for a team you follow basically game by game

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Hossa, Modano, Alfredsson […] -- all had a cup of coffee in Detroit.

With these at least I have anecdotes aiding my memory. Hossa being on the losing side of back-to-back cup finals (having marveled at how dominant the Wings were in ‘08), Modano allegedly retiring at 1499 GP due to Babs benching him out of spite, and Alfie actually leading the Wings in scoring in his final season, age 43.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sentinel

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I remember wanting Kaberle on the Devils for YEARS. Finally got him on a PTO and then released him in September of 2014. Speaking of which, I totally forgot Fedotenko signed one as well!

"Fedotenko and Kaberle were two of the five players invited to participate in Devils training camp on a tryout basis. Scott Gomez and Jordin Tootoo are still in camp, but Mike Komisarek was released on Sunday."

To answer your question: maybe Martin Havlat lol?

Could say Tomas Kaberle for the canes, too. His brother was good for us and even scored the cup winning goal in 2006. Finally got Tomas and he showed up out of shape and a shell of his former self. Somehow managed to flip him to Montreal after about 30 games for Jaro Spacek who was actually pretty good for us.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Petr Nedved played here as well - 25 games, and then traded to Philly
Owen Nolan, during the first season of the Gretzky regime

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Let's stick to notable players.

I had completely forgotten that Tomas Kaberle played for Montreal from 2011 to 2013. He only played 10 games in his second season though. It's notable because this guy was a notorious Habs killer, reserving his best performances for when he faced them. Furthermore, he was mostly a lifelong Leafs and a pretty famous one at that.

Funnily enough, he also had a stint with the Bruins, another thing I had forgotten.

Speaking of the bruins, Gonchar might be a famous one that people forget played for them back in 2004.

Reactions: Voight and Sentinel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad