Nashville Predators Talk - 2024/2025 Season

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Im assuming he is including Novak in a trade since sissons is a 2/3c under bruno
Who knows what he is looking at. Could be looking to unload several guys to more or less add up to the space he needs. I agree he needs a C, but if Stastney isn't going to be back soonish he needs a Dman too since Brunette won't play Fabbro and Schenn has no business being in the line up.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Well with Fabbro, Tomasino and Parssinen sitting and MDG getting back into the game tonight, I'd have to say those three are available. It won't get Trotz what he wants and I said this on the main boards, we don't need a 2C, we need a 1C and that bumps ROR down to the 2C slot, which is where he realistically needs to be. Problem is, there aren't any 1C's or even 2C's available. Maybe he should've looked at Stephenson in the offseason. It wasn't as sexy a pick up as Stamkos but fit more of a need.

I'd honestly look at moving Saros before the NMC/NTC clause kicks in next year. To think, last year we had Saros, Lankinen and Askarov and we now have Saros, Wedgewood and Murray/Chrona. We went from a position of strength to being in a major bind if Saros were to get hurt.

I don't think Saros gets you what you need but him, Fabbro and some other sweeteners might move the needle for some team looking to get over the hump who has some organization depth up the middle.

FYI, go back and look at the Nordiques/Avs teams, at one point, they had two times in their history in the last 30 years where they had an abundance of C's at one time - Sakic, Forsberg, Sundin and Nolan the first time and then MacKinnon, Stastny, Duchene and ROR. Crazy to think about all that talent on their roster. I'm pretty sure all were drafted by them too, except for Forsberg who was part of the Lindros deal. The best center we've ever drafted was Legwand. How is that even possible? Hell, the best center Poile ever drafted was Jason Allison, who unfortunately got derailed by injuries. Then people wonder why Poile never won a Cup, this is why.

Enjoy the game tonight!!

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Well with Fabbro, Tomasino and Parssinen sitting and MDG getting back into the game tonight, I'd have to say those three are available. It won't get Trotz what he wants and I said this on the main boards, we don't need a 2C, we need a 1C and that bumps ROR down to the 2C slot, which is where he realistically needs to be. Problem is, there aren't any 1C's or even 2C's available. Maybe he should've looked at Stephenson in the offseason. It wasn't as sexy a pick up as Stamkos but fit more of a need.

I'd honestly look at moving Saros before the NMC/NTC clause kicks in next year. To think, last year we had Saros, Lankinen and Askarov and we now have Saros, Wedgewood and Murray/Chrona. We went from a position of strength to being in a major bind if Saros were to get hurt.

I don't think Saros gets you what you need but him, Fabbro and some other sweeteners might move the needle for some team looking to get over the hump who has some organization depth up the middle.

FYI, go back and look at the Nordiques/Avs teams, at one point, they had two times in their history in the last 30 years where they had an abundance of C's at one time - Sakic, Forsberg, Sundin and Nolan the first time and then MacKinnon, Stastny, Duchene and ROR. Crazy to think about all that talent on their roster. I'm pretty sure all were drafted by them too, except for Forsberg who was part of the Lindros deal. The best center we've ever drafted was Legwand. How is that even possible? Hell, the best center Poile ever drafted was Jason Allison, who unfortunately got derailed by injuries. Then people wonder why Poile never won a Cup, this is why.

Enjoy the game tonight!!
I don't think there would be much if any interest in Saros at this point with that contract signed.

I also think it's ridiculous that Fabbro, Tomasino and Parssinen are the three odd men out. Especially Fabbro.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad