The team that tanked the most aggressively got Bedard.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
wasn't that supposed to happen to the Oilers?

Not true. Crosby is the best complete player. Bedard projects to be the exact same size as him and he has a Matthews shot
Wtf you talking about man. What's not true. Huh.

There is only 1 McDavid. He eats Crosby and what does Bedard being the same size as Sid have to do with anything lol

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
no-hope-south-park.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Yemeth and Edenjung

Sun God Nika

Apr 22, 2013
i'm more pissed that they got a generational player after having a close to dynasty like run.

Don't get me wrong I loved watching that hawks team in the playoffs and as a Sens fan happy he goes to the west.

With that said. This actually makes me dislike the hawks now. No fault of their own of course but to see them get another promising window open up while there are teams like Columbus, Coyotes, Sharks who have never won anything have to continue to grind it out. I feel for them.

There needs to be a rule that prohibits a team from winning 1st if they have won a cup in the last 10 years or something.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Wtf you talking about man. What's not true. Huh.

There is only 1 McDavid. He eats Crosby and what does Bedard being the same size as Sid have to do with anything lol
When the Sedins won Art Ross trophies, their team won Presidents trophies with ease.

McDavid bros think Bedard wont be as good because hes small. But this is of course, hogwash

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
This year's draft will be 61st draft for NHL

The hawks have had #1 pick twice in 61 years

2007 and 2023

Debrincat is a year away from UFA and wants big $ while Dach sucked

Dach being removed from Hawks roster actually improved roster
The Hawks won the 2007 draft and three cups in last decade. I am tired of seeing the same 4 or 5 cup winning teams receiving 1st overall again while other franchises get nothing.

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
Why don’t we get to see said lottery, just some pre arranged cards? Can’t call it lottery.
The actual lottery is a bit weird. They'd need to explain how it works to the audience before showing it. It could be cool though, with live adjustment of every teams' odds after each ball is drawn.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
While its exciting to have the chance to acquire a potential generational player for free, I hope ownership doesn't try to speed up the rebuild / take shortcuts.

Super fortunate to be in this position right after the Kane/Toews era came to an end. Obviously a little biased but IMO Bedard landing with an O6 team and being the instant face of the franchise is good for the league.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
While its exciting to have the chance to acquire a potential generational player for free, I hope ownership doesn't try to speed up the rebuild / take shortcuts.

Super fortunate to be in this position right after the Kane/Toews era came to an end. Obviously a little biased but IMO Bedard landing with an O6 team and being the instant face of the franchise is good for the league.
Thankfully the Bedard family hates Chicago and he'll play his 7 years and pull a Tkachuk.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
The lottery needs to be cyclical and reflect historical losing. A team that has won the lottery in our generation and THREE cups should not be eligible to win first overall in a 32 team league when there are multiple franchise that have never experienced either. I don't think any fans feel Chicago is deserving of a generational 1st overall pick.

If you disagree with this then explain to me this. What reason do I have to follow a home town team has historically lost far more than Chicago, Edmonton or Pittsburgh or Tampa yet has never been awarded 1st overall or won a cup.

I'm sorry, but perpetually garbage franchises aren't entitled to 1st overall picks.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The fact they lucked out in the lotto after blatantly tanking isn't as disappointing as the trainwreck of that roster and the lack of young exciting talent to put with Bedard.

They sold off Dach and Debrincat in order to get Bedard, but now he's pretty alone.

Dach just wasn't going to work out in Chicago. Not many fans were sad to see him go. & I doubt having him on the team this year would've made them any better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad