The team that tanked the most aggressively got Bedard.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
The fact they lucked out in the lotto after blatantly tanking isn't as disappointing as the trainwreck of that roster and the lack of young exciting talent to put with Bedard.

They sold off Dach and Debrincat in order to get Bedard, but now he's pretty alone.
They have a ton of picks

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Why do I even follow the NHL? If this isn't fixed it may as well be.

Chicago already got to draft 1st overall less than a generation ago and has won three cups since 2010.

It's a f***ing joke.

Their fans aren't suffering. Plenty of other franchises are though.

I am so tired of seeing the same franchises getting the 1st pick over and over, winning cups and then getting 1st overall again so they can win more cups.

This year's draft will be 61st draft for NHL

The hawks have had #1 pick twice in 61 years

2007 and 2023

They sold off Dach and Debrincat in order to get Bedard, but now he's pretty alone.

Debrincat is a year away from UFA and wants big $ while Dach sucked

Dach being removed from Hawks roster actually improved roster

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
The thread title isn't even accurate

Ducks were awful
what exactly could the Ducks even done in the offseason to be even in a remotely good position? How about bring logic into this bs argument Chicago did all they could in the offseason and during the season to not be competitive.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Caps didn't have the injuries Habs had and they didn't give any effort the last 1/3 of the season. Ovechkin slept thorugh it.

Neither had as many injuries as the Habs. It was mostly an AHL team at the end of the season but the AHL players all did pretty well.
Habs weren't missing Backstrom, Carlson, Wilson, and Oshies all year, I can guarantee that. Man games are one thing but nearly every member of the core went out for extended periods this season, Ovechkin excluded.

Almost forgot about Kuemper too.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
I have a theory that fate conspires in most things in life, to deliver as much pain as possible. Who wouldn't have been happy to see CBJ get Bedard ?

Bedards dad probably hates Chicago more than any other team but Boston.

We got the result that could deliver the most pain to the most amount of people.

Reactions: Szechwan

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
This
Honestly the worst team should draft first overall.

Let's be honest oilers drafted first overall so long because of how bad they were.

Just a short reminder to stay humble too 😂
Image isn’t loading. I agree even though my team luckily won the lotto it should be standings based.

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
Good one. Let him reach Patrick Kane level before trying to compare him to a freak that comes around every 100 years
To be fair, stats wise Bedard has out produced what McDavid did in juniors in the WHL, historically lower scoring league than OHL. McDavid, 285 pts in 166 games, Bedard, 271 pts in 134 games. Bedard also performed better internationally.

I’d have an extremely hard time projecting him to be as good as McDavid though….that’s obviously too much of a stretch…but you never know.

There is a scout that said this about him: “Connor Bedard holds the title as the best draft-eligible prospect that I have scouted, as were other unique, elite talents before him such as Connor McDavid and Sidney Crosby”

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I can see Kane and Debrincat coming back in the summer

The Hawks have lots of cap space and I think Bedard will help them lure in some good UFAs to speed up their build. They have so many 1sts and 2nds to flip too. This Bedard win will bless them so much

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
The Blackhawks are the class of the NHL for a reason.

And yes Bedard will end up better than McDavid.

umm-wait.gif

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
To be fair, stats wise Bedard has out produced what McDavid did in juniors in the WHL, historically lower scoring league than OHL. McDavid, 285 pts in 166 games, Bedard, 271 pts in 134 games. Bedard also performed better internationally.

I’d have an extremely hard time projecting him to be as good as McDavid though….that’s obviously too much of a stretch…but you never know.

There is a scout that said this about him: “Connor Bedard holds the title as the best draft-eligible prospect that I have scouted, as were other unique, elite talents before him such as Connor McDavid and Sidney Crosby”
A lot of great players outproduced McDavid in juniors.

McDavid however is McDavid. There is only one.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022

The Hawks have lots of cap space and I think Bedard will help them lure in some good UFAs to speed up their build. They have so many 1sts and 2nds to flip too. This Bedard win will bless them so much
wasn't that supposed to happen to the Oilers?

A lot of great players outproduced McDavid in juniors.

McDavid however is McDavid. There is only one.
Not true. Crosby is the best complete player. Bedard projects to be the exact same size as him and he has a Matthews shot

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Tanked on purpose, Kyle Beach scandal/coverup, 3 recent Stanley Cups, coming off having a superstar first overall forward in Patrick Kane.

So many reasons they didn’t deserve to win the lottery. It was the worst possible outcome.
The concept of deserving/undeserving pertaining to a sports lottery is so silly and nebulous it doesn’t actually mean anything.

Reactions: AzHawk and Mrfenn92

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Cant see Kane coming back after how it ended with him holding Hawks hostage to trade him to only Rangers

As for Debrincat he will want too much $ and he has 1 more year with Sens before UFA anyway

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The hawks fired all the staff and traded all the players involved with the Beach stuff already. The Hawks players definitely gave more effort than the Ducks or Blue Jackets. When you have talent like that, it's suspicious how they played so poorly
And just like that, it's all okay. Also lol. The Ducks were going all out trying to get at least one moral victory. They were just legitimately terrible. The only reason it was even close down the stretch is Gibson played out of his mind trying to boost his trade value and then he didn't get traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad