The team that tanked the most aggressively got Bedard.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
There were a lot of teams going all in on a tank. Hell, Anaheim lost 11 in a row to end the season.

Singling out Chicago for tanking the hardest is an interesting take. I don’t disagree that they tanked hard but can’t say they did a better or worse job than the other teams in the top 5

Traded 25 year old 40 goal scorer for picks

Traded 2nd leading scorer for a 2nd

Traded 22 year old , 3 years removed from 3rd overall pick for ....picks.

Traded Kane at the deadline to the only team he would accept to play for.

Of course the players can't do much. Tanking is on the management .

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I wouldn't mind doing something like 2 teams with the best points percentage with 20 games left get the best odds, then 2 of the worst teams, then the next 2 teams with the best points %, then 3rd and 4th worst teams. etc. Or something in that general realm.

Rewards teams playing well and trying but doesn't put the truly awful teams completely behind the 8 ball.

The worst team should get the best player in the draft. Stop trying to tinker with it and leave teams consistently just on the fringe of landing better players.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
The worst team should get the best player in the draft. Stop trying to tinker with it and leave teams consistently just on the fringe of landing better players.
The worst naturally occurring bad team should get the best player. But we cant have that because teams tank.

Reactions: Frenchy

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Why do I even follow the NHL? If this isn't fixed it may as well be.

Chicago already got to draft 1st overall less than a generation ago and has won three cups since 2010.

It's a f***ing joke.

Their fans aren't suffering. Plenty of other franchises are though.

I am so tired of seeing the same franchises getting the 1st pick over and over, winning cups and then getting 1st overall again so they can win more cups.

Last edited:

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Didn't want to see Him go to chicago but i REALLY didn't want to see him go to Columbus.

Dont see why you’d try to beat the Pens if your blatantly tanking
Bergevin called in a favour.. Beat the pens, gets florida in and then florida goes on to screw montreals top-15 pick and turns into a 29-32 pick.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
The lottery needs to be cyclical and reflect historical losing. A team that has won the lottery in our generation and THREE cups should not be eligible to win first overall in a 32 team league when there are multiple franchise that have never experienced either. I don't think any fans feel Chicago is deserving of a generational 1st overall pick.

If you disagree with then explain to me this. What reason do I have to follow a home town team that has historically lost far more than Chicago, Edmonton or Pittsburgh or Tampa yet has never been awarded 1st overall much less won a Cup.

Last edited:

thebigbea

Jun 14, 2011
Exactly, they pretty much traded all their good players. They would be a decent team if they didn’t gut the team.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Easy guys. At least Bettman is happy.

how?

Anaheim woulda been better for him.

silly assertation

There were a lot of teams going all in on a tank. Hell, Anaheim lost 11 in a row to end the season.

Singling out Chicago for tanking the hardest is an interesting take. I don’t disagree that they tanked hard but can’t say they did a better or worse job than the other teams in the top 5

this cannot be stated enuff.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
The fact they lucked out in the lotto after blatantly tanking isn't as disappointing as the trainwreck of that roster and the lack of young exciting talent to put with Bedard.

They sold off Dach and Debrincat in order to get Bedard, but now he's pretty alone.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
The hawks fired all the staff and traded all the players involved with the Beach stuff already. The Hawks players definitely gave more effort than the Ducks or Blue Jackets. When you have talent like that, it's suspicious how they played so poorly
Garbage. The Ducks had Terry, Zegras and a pile of crap. Mctvish is not ready to contribute and their best d went down for the season. They were legitimately terrible. I think the BJ's just had too many injuries.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Why don’t we get to see said lottery, just some pre arranged cards? Can’t call it lottery.
Not-tery. Should call it the NHL Predetermined Card Reading Extravaganza.

Deserving would be a team that had an incredible number of injuries but gave 100% all year (except for a few vet sacks of shit). That would be the Canadiens.
Hey, Caps deserve a swing there too.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Not-tery. Should call it the NHL Predetermined Card Reading Extravaganza.

Hey, Caps deserve a swing there too.
Caps didn't have the injuries Habs had and they didn't give any effort the last 1/3 of the season. Ovechkin slept thorugh it.

Or the Capitals. Or the Jackets.
Neither had as many injuries as the Habs. It was mostly an AHL team at the end of the season but the AHL players all did pretty well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad