The team that tanked the most aggressively got Bedard.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
You losers are still whining about this 19 pages later. The Ducks and Jackets were worse than us. The Hawks beat the Pens and Flyers to close out their season, had they lost they could’ve finished last in the league. Get over yourselves and learn to love Bedard in a Hawks sweater for the next 15 years. I know I will.
*7 years.

The Hawks are the only team in the top 5 of the draft that he could leave in good conscience.

• Haha
Reactions: Putt Pirate

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
A lot of people are going to stop watching hockey all together because of the obscenity of this. I am going to try.
I don't understand why you would stop watching.

I did think the Hawks would lose this years 1st, like NJ and AZ did before but Gary saw things differently. For the record IMHO Bettman is a f***ing asshole. lol Can't stand the little shrimp.

I certainly do not blame Hawks fans for any of this either.

Why is that your fight? If player unions don’t like it they can sue. You’re just bitter because a team you dislike got Bedard. Boo hoo.
what.....I don't dislike the Hawks. My opinion on sports drafts hasn't changed in years. I don't like them.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
you mean like the Sabres did?
You haven't a damn clue what you are talking about no team has done anything close to what Pittsburgh did for Lemieux I wasn't even saying the Blackhawks were guilty of anything I was responding to the asinine statement about reverse standings over the beyond awful lotto system.

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I'll try. Enjoy your ping pong cups.
trump-laughing-gif.619117

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Anyone saying the Hawks weren't tanking is talking nonsense - including myself and other Hawks fans. But here's the thing - tanking is done by the GM - not the coach and players. Davidson constructed the roster to lose as much as possible - he did that by getting rid of good players and replacing them with lesser players. But - the coach and players played their hardest to win every game - they didn't tank and quite frankly it frustrated me and other Hawks fans when they rallied late in a game to pull out a point or two points when they should have lost and gotten 0 points.

I'm pretty sure the same was true for the other teams that were tanking - Columbus, Anaheim, San Jose and maybe one or two others.

cmich72234

May 11, 2023
A lot of people are going to stop watching hockey all together because of the obscenity of this. I am going to try.
No they aren't. The Kyle Beach stuff was heinous (and will forever be a huge black eye on the organization), but everyone from then is gone. 95% of people mad about the Hawks getting Bedard are people who hated the Hawks before the Beach stuff even happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad