The team that tanked the most aggressively got Bedard.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
It was a lottery. I don’t see how they were gifted anything.
That's literally what a lottery is. Random selection of fortune where someone wins and everyone else loses.

They didn't have the best odds to win said lottery, so they essentially were handed a "gift" once again. It's the Kane draft all over again. Flyers were worst team, but Blackhawks get #1 anyway.

Reactions: psycat

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
That's literally what a lottery is. Random selection of fortune where someone wins and everyone else loses.

They didn't have the best odds to win said lottery, so they essentially were handed a "gift" once again. It's the Kane draft all over again. Flyers were worst team, but Blackhawks get #1 anyway.

I guess we have a different definition of gifted. There was a bowl of balls and theirs got selected. Lucky sure, I don’t see how they were gifted anything.

LuckyDucky

Mar 18, 2015
The hawks fired all the staff and traded all the players involved with the Beach stuff already. The Hawks players definitely gave more effort than the Ducks or Blue Jackets. When you have talent like that, it's suspicious how they played so poorly
Ah yes. The Ducks’ uber talented roster that featured top 4 dmen like Shattenkirk and Simon Benoit. Very suspicious as to why the Ducks were as bad as their record indicates.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Traded 25 year old 40 goal scorer for picks

Traded 2nd leading scorer for a 2nd

Traded 22 year old , 3 years removed from 3rd overall pick for ....picks.

Traded Kane at the deadline to the only team he would accept to play for.

Of course the players can't do much. Tanking is on the management .
This is such a misleading post like wtf dude.
First off I'm a nucks fan a team that has literally been screwed in every draft pretty much.

The Hawks decided last year to rebuild, something every team does at some point.
They traded Cat for the 7th overall how is that tanking?

Dach is a bust they traded him for the 13th overall last year, how is that tanking?

They traded Kane at the deadline to the only team he would waive for, hoe is that tanking?

You realize the Habs, Ducks, Sharks etc etc all have moved major pieces at some point right? That's how bad teams rebuild. The fact you are using two trades from the summer that involved lottery picks might be the worst examples I have ever seen trying to prove a point.

Traded 25 year old 40 goal scorer for picks

Traded 2nd leading scorer for a 2nd

Traded 22 year old , 3 years removed from 3rd overall pick for ....picks.

Traded Kane at the deadline to the only team he would accept to play for.

Of course the players can't do much. Tanking is on the management .
This is such a misleading post like wtf dude.
First off I'm a nucks fan a team that has literally been screwed in every draft pretty much.

The Hawks decided last year to rebuild, something every team does at some point.
They traded Cat for the 7th overall how is that tanking?

Dach is a bust they traded him for the 13th overall last year, how is that tanking?

They traded Kane at the deadline to the only team he would waive for, hoe is that tanking?

You realize the Habs, Ducks, Sharks etc etc all have moved major pieces at some point right? That's how bad teams rebuild. The fact you are using two trades from the summer that involved lottery picks might be the worst examples I have ever seen trying to prove a point.

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017
Pretty good season for Chicago, they played a hand in Boston and potentially Toronto getting eliminated as well. Must be nice.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Nuck fan here so can't believe I'm forced to stick up for the Hawks but Jesus man that was 16 years ago. There are a bunch of teams in the last 8 Years that have had multiple 1sts plus top 3 picks on top and umm oilers.

I genuinely am curious if all you SJW would give a shit if the prize wasn't Bedard? First off the organization and people responsible were punished financially, Beach was extremely well compensated and this happened a long time ago. Why should the current team and fanbase lose a pick over it? It makes absolutely zero sense, the penalty was firings and financial which is exactly what it should be and not one player is left BTW.

Now all you justice warriors that are Canadian like me did you enjoy the WJC championship? Wasn't it awesome? OH but wait, our country covered up not one 1 but 3 separate rapes involving minors, so why the fu@@ were we allowed to compete? And all you sen fans when it comes our your boy that played mysteriously in Europe was one of them maybe Stutzle should be revoked from the roster.

Or the sharks should be punished for their players involvement 22 years ago?
Or how about the habs for what Logan did? Should they not have lost Slaf? Zona terminated their pick habs knowingly picked a guy who filmed a girl performing oral sex so let's punish them. .

As if Beach is upset because a team got a #1 13 years later after he settled for millions and millions of dollars.

All you guys should be ashamed of yourselves for using Kyle as a way to gas light the fact your team didn't get Bedard.
Be better people.
I’m perfectly fine with Hockey Canada getting punished, I took no joy from their recent success at the WJC.

As for the Stutzle thing, what the f*** are you talking about? Just a complete disaster of a post.

Reactions: Szechwan

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
If you suck might as well tank hard. Being stuck in the middle is the worst place to be. Almost all cups are won on the backs of extremely high draft picks.

Reactions: Seattle Totems

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
Nah unlike Detroit Chicago is a world class alpha city.

Yeah - everyone from the org who was there when the incident happened is now gone except for the owner. I don't know what you want, but all of this whining and crying over something that happened 13 years ago is really sad.
The whole thing had been basically swept under rug for like 10 years and it is sad to mention it?

There was no punishment for the organization, tells something about leagues morals and values

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
The league is built around a system that greatly encourages and rewards tanking. Therefore, there will always be teams that choose to suck on purpose.

I wouldn't blame the Hawks, they just play the game and got the prize as a result.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Nah unlike Detroit Chicago is a world class alpha city.

Yeah - everyone from the org who was there when the incident happened is now gone except for the owner. I don't know what you want, but all of this whining and crying over something that happened 13 years ago is really sad.
What's sad is that it only became public a couple years ago because the Blackhawks franchise covered it up.

To pretend this is a 13 year old story is sad.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
All these big market American teams keep cashing in on the lottery. Its amusing how hard some deny that the league has been tipping the scale in their favor recently. So many have known this was going to be the outcome since midseason or beyond. Glad I didn't waste my time watching that farcical lottery bull shit show.
Congrats Chicago for being a big market city, that had more to do with this outcome than your pathetic tank of a season.
What a ridiculous post.

Big American markets, except for 8 of the the last 10 Number 1 picks.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
I'm not even mad about the tanking.

I'm mad that the team who did what they did to Kyle Beach is gifted a generational talent.
Well I don't think there's any risk that the Blackhawks molest Bedard. He's too high profile as a 1st overall plus he's from a family of loggers and loggers and tough as hell.

• Haha
Reactions: HanSolo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad