The team that tanked the most aggressively got Bedard.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
I guess we have a different definition of gifted. There was a bowl of balls and theirs got selected. Lucky sure, I don’t see how they were gifted anything.

You never heard the expression "gift from above"? Obviously it's a gift, they did nothing to earn it.

Anyway luckily for me I don't have a team in the NHL because situations like this would be hard to stomach.

Last edited:

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Must have missed where we sat our players for months for “trade related purposes”

The teams that tanked the most aggressively had 100% more talent than Chicago did but somehow looked more pathetic and hopeless in their games than we ever did in this season

Last edited:

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
what exactly did Anaheim do to tank really? Columbus was the 2nd worst team after making offseason moves to improve by signing Gaudreu. The only team that was getting a bargain bin roster was Arizona who does it every season because they are cheap.
Announce they were keeping Eakins as HC when any brain dead sponge could tell you he sucks.

Reactions: Putt Pirate

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
Chicago Assaulthawks fans:

"Don't punish the fans for the transgressions of the previous regimes"

Also:
Looked the other way at Hossa's magical allergy and Seabrook getting buried while other teams got retroactively punished for contracts that were legit at the time.

Also:
Arizona and New Jersey forfeited picks for something a lot less egregious than letting a predator continue preying on their victims.

Devil made me do it

Nov 28, 2009
California
Bedard looks to be a legit star player but the Hawks have a loooong way into building a contender. They have to be very smart here with this great opportunity gifted to them by the lotto gods. Don't be Oilers 2.0.
Draft the right pieces and don't rush the rebuild.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Players and coaches don't tank games. We saw this when Chicago beat Pittsburgh at the very end of the season, despite Pitt playing for their playoff lives and Chicago wanting to lose to tank at all costs.

So long as players and coaches don't tank - there's no problem with the system.

If a franchise wants to risk completely dismantling their team by trading players in hopes of landing a high pick - go for it. There's a lot of risk in doing that, most of the time it doesn't work out.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
The Habs led in man-games lost, but not in quality of players lost.
what? caufield accounted for literally 1/3 of their goals. Guhle was their best dman, if not top 2. Mattheson missed half the year. Dach went down. Suzuki was essentially playing alone.
I understand the caps were also decimated; quality is relative to each roster

Last edited:

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
The only team that didn't tank as much was Columbus, half their team was injured for the whole season so they went from trying to make the playoffs with Gaudreau to finishing 2nd last.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
As a Hawks fan, and White Sox and Bears fan - I'm tired of rooting for losses. It seems to come with the teritory being a Chicago fan in recent years. All of our teams suck these days. I do wish the sports leagues would change up rules to discourage tanking. The solution is real easy - make it so all non playoff teams have an equal chance at top picks. But until they do.....

Reactions: Midnight Judges

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Chicago Assaulthawks fans:

"Don't punish the fans for the transgressions of the previous regimes"

Also:
Looked the other way at Hossa's magical allergy and Seabrook getting buried while other teams got retroactively punished for contracts that were legit at the time.

Also:
Arizona and New Jersey forfeited picks for something a lot less egregious than letting a predator continue preying on their victims.
First of all, Hossa's allergy was actually a thing.

Second, everyone involved in the 2010 scandal got fired from their jobs. Additionally, Blackhawks and Brooks even reached settlement. What do you think Blackhawks should do? Punish people that had nothing to do with the case just because they're employed by the same organization?

Hockey4Life18

Jul 27, 2022
The Betman conspiracies are absurd. I thought he wants to divert talent to non-Original Six franchises to grow and sustain the footprint of the NHL? The traditional conspiracy, therefore, called for Anaheim to win the lottery.

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
First of all, Hossa's allergy was actually a thing.

Second, everyone involved in the 2010 scandal got fired from their jobs. Additionally, Blackhawks and Brooks even reached settlement. What do you think Blackhawks should do? Punish people that had nothing to do with the case just because they're employed by the same organization?

Yeah, the owner knew and it was covered up because you were in the middle of a cup run, yes the organization should be punished all the way to the top, not just some fall guys who are protecting guys like Toews and Kane, who obviously knew.

Reactions: Lurch and Edenjung

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Weren't they one of the teams that canceled pride night?

Doesn't seem like they learned a damn thing.
Lol I can’t believe I almost forgot that, yeah. Shut that down AFTER players on the team spoke about wanting to do it, too.

Reactions: cole von cole

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Tanking is done by management not the players.

Even then it's very possible if a player is frustrated with their team's lack of talent, they might tank so their team has a higher chance of getting an elite player for said player to play with. Only journeyman don't tank as they have zero to gain from it.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Aside from the sexual assault & the owner deciding we aren't allowed to ask about it anymore, the Blackhawks still have a native american as their f***ing logo.

I don't think there's anything likable about the Blackhawks right now. Genuinely.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
I'm not even mad about the tanking.

I'm mad that the team who did what they did to Kyle Beach is gifted a generational talent.
This isn’t the same team. Is there a particular player or staff member that is still there associated to the incident that keeps fueling your hate?

Or you just don’t like Chicago?

Aside from the sexual assault & the owner deciding we aren't allowed to ask about it anymore, the Blackhawks still have a native american as their f***ing logo.

I don't think there's anything likable about the Blackhawks right now. Genuinely.
Ahh, you hate Chicago. And have zero knowledge of their history. They have the best logo in sports.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
This isn’t the same team. Is there a particular player or staff member that is still there associated to the incident that keeps fueling your hate?

Or you just don’t like Chicago?

Simply put: The Owner.

Also it's a cultural issue. Even if it only involved say, 10 people directly, everyone around it was a part of that culture...Based on what the owner has said, I'm not convinced there's true sorrow for Beach.

Ahh, you hate Chicago. And have zero knowledge of their history. They have the best logo in sports.

I don't really care about Chicago, outside of the things it's awful for (mainly the Blackhawks).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad