The team that tanked the most aggressively got Bedard.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You don't think maybe that's because it's... more topical this time around? If you really think everybody just forgot until the ping pong balls gave Chicago a gift and then snapped into remembering they're a trash tier franchise for very good reasons right now then you've been living underwater or something.

Then he can stay home for the day. Some culture change.

The one commissioned by the ownership and organization that somehow managed to stop the buck halfway up the organization and make sure nobody with real authority saw a single bit of trouble for an event where they gave a recommendation for a known sexual predator to work with children?

That one?

Tell me you didn't even bother to read the report without telling me you didn't bother reading the report. Like 99% of people commenting on this.

Stop the buck halfway up? Every single person involved was fired. The President, the GM, and all the staff underneath them... pretty much everyone that was in the organization, in a position of power, when it happened. How does firing the entire front office from the most powerful person on down stop the buck halfway up? Lmao.

The bolded NEVER HAPPENED. The schools and organizations literally came out and said that Aldrich did NOT list a single Hawks employee as a reference for any jobs after the Hawks, and the Hawks did NOT write any kind of recommendation... :facepalm:

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Well everyone but the owner got fired so not sure why you keep clinging to this idea. Its a global law firm. It’s like saying EY lies for its clients on audits. It doesn’t make any sense.
I swear if I hear "everyone got fired" one more time I'm going to go crazy. Some of your Blackhawks buddies have compared this to Penn State, who got absolutely shithoused in penalties and fines after it became clear what they did.

What doesn't make any sense is thinking that firing the people who did the thing (which is already a positive for you, even though you had to be made to do it) is enough for an organization to learn a lesson.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
Good one. Let him reach Patrick Kane level before trying to compare him to a freak that comes around every 100 years
He's as talented as McDiver without the character issues. He's already more of a man than that gutless flopper and cares about winning more than the locker room cancer wearing the C in Edmonton.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Tell me you didn't even bother to read the report without telling me you didn't bother reading the report. Like 99% of people commenting on this.

Stop the buck halfway up? Every single person involved was fired. The President, the GM, coaches, and all the staff underneath them...

The bolded NEVER HAPPENED. The schools and organizations literally came out and said that Aldrich did NOT list a single Hawks employee as a reference for any jobs after the Hawks, and the Hawks did NOT write any kind of recommendation... :facepalm:
You know, I did forget that that allegation was contested and the Hawks asked it be withdrawn. I went to double check and the first article I found was full of stuff like this:
1683690989322.png

Now I already don't care again. Why bother arguing around the fringes of the thing when the meat itself is good enough?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I swear if I hear "everyone got fired" one more time I'm going to go crazy. Some of your Blackhawks buddies have compared this to Penn State, who got absolutely shithoused in penalties and fines after it became clear what they did.

What doesn't make any sense is thinking that firing the people who did the thing (which is already a positive for you, even though you had to be made to do it) is enough for an organization to learn a lesson.
I mean they changed the organization from top to bottom and Rocky barely shows face anymore as his son Danny and Jamie Faulkner run the show.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You know, I did forget that that allegation was contested and the Hawks asked it be withdrawn. I went to double check and the first article I found was full of stuff like this:
View attachment 705982

Now I already don't care again. Why bother arguing around the fringes of the thing when the meat itself is good enough?

Lol. Move the goalposts much? I can have a better discussion about this with the tree in my front yard than most people on here, at this point. Your claims were shown to be wrong, so you bring up something completely irrelevant to what was actually being discussed. Talk about mental gymnastics.

Putt Pirate

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 15, 2015

If I hear one more misstatement from brain dead posters I’m going to go crazy.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Lol. Move the goalposts much? I can have a better discussion about this with the tree in my front yard.
How about this? They had a responsibility to do the right thing and didn't, and as a result the man worked with children. In this case a failure to act is still massively immoral.

Then, you know, add the other stuff.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
The Hawks have changed their entire organization. They have changed tons of policies. They have rid the organization of essentially everyone involved. Is it being angry about the lottery or is it about change to be better in the future.

How about this? They had a responsibility to do the right thing and didn't, and as a result the man worked with children. In this case a failure to act is still massively immoral.

Who is they.

Putt Pirate

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 15, 2015

There are legal liabilities to recommending anyone in this country. For example, I am not allowed to with my current company no matter what they did. And no matter what a poster that must be unemployed or flipping burgers doesn’t understand.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Read.the.report.

Maybe then you would actually know wtf you're talking about.

Putt Pirate

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 15, 2015
Don't be mad because Vancouver is a shitshow, and won't be able to win a Cup with its current team, just like they couldn't during the 2010s, either.
Those were the days…..clowning the Canucks and winning Cups. Van fans should look at their org and bitch rather than projecting their angst to fans of an org that SATISFIED THE NHL with their house cleaning, etc. But I suspect the same posters will be whining because their team is rudderless without a plan and had a slim to. One chance of winning said lottery. Get over it….nothing is changing but your diaper.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
The solution to tanking is getting rid of the draft.

The entire purpose of the draft was to keep salaries low by preventing bidding wars.

The other reason cited: to prevent rich teams from buying all the top prospects.

There is now a team payroll cap in place AND a rookie cap on top of that.

So the decision where to sign would come down to factors other than money. Playing time, reputation of the team for player development, commitment of the team to winning, city team is located in, hockey culture of the city, taxes...

If you really think about it, and get past the fact that the draft is the norm in all leagues there really is no need for a draft within a league that has a double cap for rookie spending
Good points. You should make a thread about this idea

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I mean they changed the organization from top to bottom and Rocky barely shows face anymore as his son Danny and Jamie Faulkner run the show.
Probably a good call since he makes the hole bigger every time he tries. How you're pointing to his son as the proof the organization is different is a little wacky...
The Hawks have changed their entire organization. They have changed tons of policies. They have rid the organization of essentially everyone involved. Is it being angry about the lottery or is it about change to be better in the future.

Who is they.
The organization, top to bottom. A coverup and severe lack of integrity impacted lives.

Jersey signs a bad contract, Arizona does some draft combine shenanigans, and the organization suffers because half the point of a deterrent is for other people to see it and go "ooh, shit, won't be part of the process that lets that happen again". When you sacrifice your humanity for your competitive spirit one of the best ways to punish the organization is to restrict their competitiveness.

What did the Blackhawks organization learn? What exactly did the remaining members of the team who did nothing and kept silent learn about how to behave in the future? What are these policies they're changing, because last time we all checked in with Rocky Wirtz he told us all to go f*** ourselves, and that they weren't saying shit about shit.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Read.the.report.

Maybe then you would actually know wtf you're talking about.
I did, so maybe you can show me what part of it I'm missing instead of putting your fingers in your ears and shouting the same bullshit over and over.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It was written by a highly esteemed independent law firm.

Maybe sit this one out Champ.

He's a Hawks fan. And that was sarcasm.

I did, so maybe you can show me what part of it I'm missing instead of putting your fingers in your ears and shouting the same bullshit over and over.

:laugh:

I can say with 100% certainty you didn't, or you wouldn't be making the claims you are.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
He's a Hawks fan. And that was sarcasm.

:laugh:

I can say with 100% certainty you didn't, or you wouldn't be making the claims you are.
Dude it was like 100 pages over a year ago, in a protracted legal give and take that changed over weeks. f*** me for not remembering that some of that was retracted I guess, I'll eat that one, but you're out here picking over the crumbs when the full loaf is still staring you right in the face.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad