The team that tanked the most aggressively got Bedard.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yea you got me. Super jealous of the blackhawks

I’ll continue to insult the organization as I please.

Do you know who your owner is?

Have you read the report that stated that Rocky Wirtz wasn't made aware until it came out publicly? Which wouldn't shock me with John McDouchebag running things.

Also... do you know that Rocky really isn't involved with the team anymore? His son is? That Rocky has taken a step back? So even if he WAS aware(which means a highly reputable multi-billion dollar law firm lied for him in their investigation and report), he'll probably never even talk to Bedard.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
The people involved also helped in winning 3 Stanley Cups, but I bet you classify that as a 'organizational win' but not the sexual assault part. Got it.

This is fresh coming from an Avs fan. Where a severely intoxicated woman, likely of the sex-traffic variety based upon her statement, was found in Nichushkin's hotel room, and had to be taken to the hospital, and suddenly he's sent home and not with the team during the playoffs, while his agent claims "no one was found in Val's room, and the events had nothing to do with Val". And you'd have me believe the organization didn't try to cover up whatever this ends up being, by sending him home, so he wouldn't have to face any press or scrutiny? Lol. In this case, I actually can say people living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

And sorry to say, but the players playing in the games won the Cups. Not the FO staff.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Have you read the report that stated that Rocky Wirtz wasn't made aware until it came out publicly? Which wouldn't shock me with John McDouchebag running things.

Also... do you know that Rocky really isn't involved with the team anymore? His son is? That Rocky has taken a step back? So even if he WAS aware(which means a highly reputable multi-billion dollar law firm lied for him in their investigation and report), he'll probably never even talk to Bedard.

Sounds like a poorly run organization… and on top of being sexual assault enablers?

Damn I hope bedard has a great lawyer.

Manhattan

Dec 23, 2013
Stockholm
How about 16 teams go to the playoffs, literally all 16 get equal odds of winning it all - look at Boston/Florida. Record team vs WC team.

And how about the 16 teams missing the playoffs get equal 6,25% chance at 1st overall, but also 6,25% chance at picking each of the first 16 picks, first drawn ball/whatever picks 16 and last to be drawn gets 1st.

Should prevent all tanking and keep the WC-race alive.

People would claim it’s rigged, just like now, but the tanking would be prevented and the teams would compete until the last game even if they are out of the playoff race.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Hi,
Coming off a recent dynasty with 3 top 100 players? A horrible sexual assault case as well? Intentional tanking in year 1 of a full tear down rebuild? Here's a generational C.

SMH NHL. Clown league.

Reactions: cole von cole

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
This is fresh coming from an Avs fan. Where a severely intoxicated woman, likely of the sex-traffic variety based upon her statement, was found in Nichushkin's hotel room, and had to be taken to the hospital, and suddenly he's sent home and not with the team during the playoffs, while his agent claims "no one was found in Val's room, and the events had nothing to do with Val". And you'd have me believe the organization didn't try to cover up whatever this ends up being, by sending him home, so he wouldn't have to face any press or scrutiny? Lol. In this case, I actually can say people living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

And sorry to say, but the players playing in the games won the Cups. Not the FO staff.
Ah, funny how you try to deflect from your shitty organization. Multiple players of the cup winning teams came out and said they knew what happened. And if you believe it's only the players that won the cups, then it's not an organizational win and you shouldn't be stating that Bedard is joining an organization that won 3 Stanley Cups, simply because none of the players involved in winning the cup are there anymore.

In the Avs case, the Seattle PD and Denver PD both conducted an investigation and concluded it wasn't a legal issue. It's a strong possibility drugs were involved and he may have a substance abuse problem, but that's hardly a story.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Ah, funny how you try to deflect from your shitty organization. Multiple players of the cup winning teams came out and said they knew what happened. And if you believe it's only the players that won the cups, then it's not an organizational win and you shouldn't be stating that Bedard is joining an organization that won 3 Stanley Cups, simply because none of the players involved in winning the cup are there anymore.

In the Avs case, the Seattle PD and Denver PD both conducted an investigation and concluded it wasn't a legal issue. It's a strong possibility drugs were involved and he may have a substance abuse case, but that's hardly a story.

I'm not deflecting. Just rather amused that an Avs fan, of all people, has the sack to try and talk shit about the Hawks organization, less than a week after this news came out about one of his own team's star players.

Oh, so a highly intoxicated, possibly on drugs as well as alcohol, woman, found in his hotel room, that had to be taken to a hospital, is a non-issue for you. As is the potential drug and substance abuse issue of the player, and the fact he was sent home by the organization to keep him from having to face any scrutiny in the middle of a playoff series. :laugh:

You do realize that in her highly intoxicated state, that required hospitalization, if they had sex, Nichushkin could be charged with rape or sexual assault, right? That in that mental state, she's not of sound mind to consent?

Your gotchas with the organization are about the worst I've seen on here. Do better.

And in the Hawks case, you realize a full investigation was launched by a highly reputable law firm, and everyone involved was terminated within 48 hours of the report?

Last edited:
Reactions: clydesdale line

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I'm not deflecting. Just rather amused that an Avs fan, of all people, has the sack to try and talk shit about the Hawks organization, less than a week after this news came out about one of his own team's star players.
The Hawks organization deserves to be dragged through the mud.

The Nichushkin news is a nothing-burger, as I stated above about two separate law enforcement agencies concluded nothing happened. But you can keep on trying to repeat it to make it true and continue to deflect.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
The Hawks organization deserves to be dragged through the mud.

The Nichushkin news is a nothing-burger, as I stated above about two separate law enforcement agencies concluded nothing happened. But you can keep on trying to repeat it to make it true and continue to deflect.

And in the Hawks case, you realize a full investigation was launched by a highly reputable law firm, and everyone involved was terminated within 48 hours of the report coming out, right? Hell, it may have even been within 24 hours.

And LOL @ the Nichushkin shit being a nothing-burger. Nice double standard. Just be lucky he didn't have sex with her(that we know about), as then he's also guilty of sexual assault, and your team would actively be working to cover it up, as we speak, based upon him being sent home.

Have a good night, bud!

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
Yes, a 17 year old kid, who will be drafted by a storied O6 franchise, who won 3 Cups throughout his childhood, with players I can guarantee he idolized(Same haircut and goal celly as Kane in pictures and videos), and will be taken 1st overall in the NHL draft, where he'll live his dream for the next 15-20 years... was super disappointed last night. Especially when his hometown team literally had the least possible chance of winning the lottery for him.
He already knew he would be going 1st overall for months/years before yesterday. As a born and raised Canucks fan, I can assure you he doesn’t like the Shithawks. Anaheim would have been a much better destination.

All good, he can pull a Tavares and sign with us later lol.

And in the Hawks case, you realize a full investigation was launched by a highly reputable law firm, and everyone involved was terminated within 48 hours of the report coming out, right? Hell, it may have even been within 24 hours.

And LOL @ the Nichushkin shit being a nothing-burger. Nice double standard. Just be lucky he didn't have sex with her(that we know about), as then he's also guilty of sexual assault, and your team is actively working to cover it up as we speak.
Same owner, who addressed the issue in absolute cringe fashion.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
John McDonough, Joel Q, and Stan Bowman are the 3 biggest people involved. Yet their name is not mentioned here, only by Hawks fans who actually know what goes on.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
He already knew he would be going 1st overall for months/years before yesterday. As a born and raised Canucks fan, I can assure you he doesn’t like the Shithawks. Anaheim would have been a much better destination.

All good, he can pull a Tavares and sign with us later lol.

Same owner, who addressed the issue in absolute cringe fashion.

And same owner who fully stepped back from the team after his awful live response to a question.

Lol. Good luck with that. Should have known you were a Nucks fan. So much salt from them for the absolute shit stomping the Hawks put on the Nucks for 10 years, keeping you from ever having a chance at seeing a Cup.

• Haha
Reactions: Frankie Blueberries

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
And same owner who fully stepped back from the team after his awful live response to a question.

Lol. Good luck with that. Should have known you were a Nucks fan. So much salt from them for the absolute shit stomping the Hawks put on the Nucks for 10 years, keeping you from ever having a chance at seeing a Cup.
Last time our teams faced each other, we sent you guys golfing 😘

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Last time our teams faced each other, we sent you guys golfing 😘

The only time the Nucks had a shot at the Cup. And they blew it, and burned their own city for millions in damages. :laugh:

Just a friendly reminder of some... not-so-bright and shiny news from back then.

It's ok... you may get to see one some day. Unless of course they run into a rebuilt Hawks team again in the next 3-4 years. Your window is going to be awful tight.

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
The only time the Nucks had a shot at the Cup. And they blew it, and burned their own city for millions in damages. :laugh:

Just a friendly reminder of some... not-so-bright and shiny news from back then.

It's ok... you may get to see one some day. Unless of course they run into a rebuilt Hawks team again in the next 3-4 years. Your window is going to be awful tight.
Nothing in this post is as bad as abetting and covering up sexual assault. Good attempt though! Gg

Reactions: cole von cole

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Not even

Its just weird when there is a 100+ page report and rather than read it people just come in here and spew whatever allows them to be mad at the organization.

I mean, most are spewing nonsensical clickbait article information that "came out" right when the entire thing went public. I might be able to count on one hand the amount of posts that show someone might have actually done their research.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Just because you keep acting like it’s an “investigation” and keep saying the owner knew, it doesn’t make it any more true. The fact is we will never totally know what happened, and what he knew. Guys a billionaire piece of shit I couldn’t care less about him. But I’m not about to say stuff that I don’t know to be true or not. Edit: the annoying part to me is that it’s brought up now. Didn’t hear anyone say this during the pick last year at 7. Didn’t hear it at 13. But now all of a sudden it’s time. Now all of a sudden people want to talk about the logo again. It’s just people upset and projecting. Bobby hulls a piece of shit too we should talk about that also then.

You don't think maybe that's because it's... more topical this time around? If you really think everybody just forgot until the ping pong balls gave Chicago a gift and then snapped into remembering they're a trash tier franchise for very good reasons right now then you've been living underwater or something.
Zadorovs family could easily be harassed or harmed back home due to homosexuality being illegal in Russia. Sorry that the team didn't want one of their players families harmed all in the name of wearing a pride jersey.
Then he can stay home for the day. Some culture change.

Not even

Its just weird when there is a 100+ page report and rather than read it people just come in here and spew whatever allows them to be mad at the organization.
The one commissioned by the ownership and organization that somehow managed to stop the buck halfway up the organization and make sure nobody with real authority saw a single bit of trouble for an event where they gave a recommendation for a known sexual predator to work with children?

That one?

Putt Pirate

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 15, 2015
Weird I look at the title of this thread and it is nowhere near what is being discussed. So many butthurt fans from orgs that are poorly run or did not win the lottery talking smack without reading the report, knowing who knew what from an highly reputable law firm the team hired as an independent investigation, fired all those responsible, paid many millions to victims, obliged by the NHL penalty, but because we drafted Bedard we are all serial rapist supporters. Got it Gotta love the main board and lack of mods. Many of you need a Snickers.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
The one commissioned by the ownership and organization that somehow managed to stop the buck halfway up the organization and make sure nobody with real authority saw a single bit of trouble for an event where they gave a recommendation for a known sexual predator to work with children?

That one?
Well everyone but the owner got fired so not sure why you keep clinging to this idea. Its a global law firm. It’s like saying EY lies for its clients on audits. It doesn’t make any sense.

Reactions: AzHawk

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
The Hawks were so committed they hired a GM with absolutely zero qualifications more than a year in advance to make sure he destroyed the team due to not understanding the sport whatsoever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad