The team that tanked the most aggressively got Bedard.

These Are The Days

I need about tree fiddy
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Abolish the f***ing lottery already. Jesus Christ. Alex Daigle was 30 YEARS AGO BY AN EXPANSION TEAM!! And he's called the biggest bust of all time. My GOD make it stop already

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
If you and others had their way it would be a century of picks and even then it wouldn’t be enough. You cannot make everyone happy.

Secondly, the other 31 owners want the $ to fellow regardless of satisfying you. And the Hawks are one of the money spigots. Don’t like it then quit watching hockey or the Hawks at least. But…..bet you won’t. Many will be a hypocrite and watch anyhow even though they are not happy with the NHL’s penalty.

This is both hilarious and rich at the same time. So self righteous without knowing everything behind the scenes.
Losing a draft pick doesn't make me "feel good" about rooting for them. Its weird to even type that out.

I feel good about rooting for them because they are an abstract entity. A hockey club. If they have an asshole playing for them, I can root for the Blackhawks while simultaneously saying that guy is an asshole. If I was in here protecting Q and Bowman and McDonough, hell even Rocky, then fine light me up.

But sitting in here and spewing shit like the law firm is lying and the draft is rigged and Rocky knew everything. Its all bullshit.

You can only make assessments off of facts and what is known.
Bawwww, boo hooo hoooo,

they're the same rough batch owned by the exact same asshole that let it all happen in the first place and then paid for an "investigation" to prove that he knew nothing, because remember, that's the side we were actually exposed to.

Pay penance and walk with pride or just shut up and admit that you're being babied by a league who needs the money of your market. It's no surprise, we all know it. They wanted you profitable and now you've got a reason to be, congratulations, don't think anybody forgets you're not the hero just because you have a shiny new thing we wanted to see.

EDIT: to be clearer, you're being babied just by having the pick. There doesn't even need to be a rigging.

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
The hilarious part is a tiny segment of their fans act with any kind of humility about this situation, only a bunch of "they're no longer here" BS.
It’s amazing that fans like you just want to paint our team as the only bad guys when the reason is owners didn’t want a stiffer punishment for things their team is doing currently or has done in the past.

There are beloved players on every team that have assaulted people just part of the culture

Sorry to burst your bubble and ruin your only the hawks are bad narrative

Reactions: Gabe Kupari

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Chicago is still going to suck. So is Anaheim and San Jose. Columbus had a bad year. Not sure tanking works honestly... look at Buffalo... no playoffs in 16 years and multiple 1sts

dukedukowski

Jun 11, 2022
Someone would have found a narrative for it being rigged no matter who won.
Because it's rigged no matter what the narrative is. Pretty simple.
But you use the term coincidence. A term invented to hide specific movement.
Coincidence, chance, luck, are all fictional words. No such thing exists. Especially when 32 owners/ billion dollar organizations are involved.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
If there is a team he will not resign with and not feel bad about it, its the :hawks

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Bawwww, boo hooo hoooo,

they're the same rough batch owned by the exact same asshole that let it all happen in the first place and then paid for an "investigation" to prove that he knew nothing, because remember, that's the side we were actually exposed to.

Pay penance and walk with pride or just shut up and admit that you're being babied by a league who needs the money of your market. It's no surprise, we all know it. They wanted you profitable and now you've got a reason to be, congratulations, don't think anybody forgets you're not the hero just because you have a shiny new thing we wanted to see.

EDIT: to be clearer, you're being babied just by having the pick. There doesn't even need to be a rigging.
This. I mean of course no one is saying fault lays with the fans and that they deserve punishment, but we as fans complaining that the Blackhawks deserved more punishment won't change the fact that they'll be the ones going up to the podium first. It's not the fans' fault that their team's organization did something deplorable, but considering that same organization is reaping a glorious reward after suffering minimal to nonexistent consequences, the least fans can do is not let their failures and misdeeds be forgotten. That may be embarassing and annoying to deal with for the fans and unfair to Bedard but there's gotta be a wound somewhere.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
It’s amazing that fans like you just want to paint our team as the only bad guys when the reason is owners didn’t want a stiffer punishment for things their team is doing currently or has done in the past.

There are beloved players on every team that have assaulted people just part of the culture

Sorry to burst your bubble and ruin your only the hawks are bad narrative

lmao oh no he pulled out the boomer logic

Person: "I was sexually assaulted. I want to press charges."

This guy: "Is it really fair for you to press charges when some guy you know also sexually assaulted someone? Stop being so self-righteous."

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
lmao oh no he pulled out the boomer logic

Person: "I was sexually assaulted. I want to press charges."

This guy: "Is it really fair for you to press charges when some guy you know also sexually assaulted someone? Stop being so self-righteous."
Such a dumb counter point.

-https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1cqURgg1eslU9Ky7NOUHlvM0PJ5rVX-FHZuacYBUL77o/htmlview#

This hasn’t been updated since 2015 mind you. But the culture in hockey has been a problem for generations and you’d have to be a complete idiot to try and limit it to just “hawks bad” when every team has several players, owners, or staff tied to sexual assault.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Listen, there's nothing wrong with the lottery - except for the fact that we don't know if they even follow it.

No one should get equal chances at #1 overall. The worst teams should get the best picks. That's just common sense.

People are just bothered Chicago won it because they're a despicable organization and the villains of the league right now. I'm bothered personally by it, but I don't blame the draft lottery *if* it was followed as it's supposed to be.
It was followed...its just random bs that rewards lucky teams. No compensation for dropping like 10 spots over several years and no worse chances for jumping up 10 spots in a short time. This is what the league wanted teams jumping up and down all over the place and teams just get screwed over or unnecessary help for no reason that's basically what a lottery really is.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
In addition, a byproduct of their clear attempt to tank for Bedard is that they had a huge amount of cap space that they could essentially sell for additional draft picks. The value of these picks were accentuated by the flat cap. If the NHL does not negotiate an increase in the cap we will see round two of this with Chicago using its $40M in cap space to accumulate even more picks while probably tanking again this coming year. The one bright light in this is that by the time Chicago is competitive Bedard might cost them $10M+.

It would be completely hypocritical of me to be overly critical of the lottery since it brought the Oilers McDavid. Though that was a function of incompetence rather than tanking.

Meh, I don't think the rebuild will last as long as others. They once again have a lot of early picks, if Bedard pans out he alone will improve the team and Chicago is a prime UFA destination so it won't be too hard to supplement the team via free agency.

Can't really be said enough. They collectively threw a fit after doing the very bare minimum, then somehow embarrassed themselves again with Pride Night, said "f*** you" to everybody who didn't like it and now they want to flip the page and start over with a fresh new face like everybody else just needs to forget it and move on.

Forgot they were the only team who didn't wear the pride warmup jerseys :eyeroll:

... oh wait never mind.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
For the people who believe this situation was rigged, why would you continue to watch? If the league was on top of shit enough to rig it, why wouldn’t they rig them all? Why wouldn’t they rig every aspect of the league?

If it was truly rigged then Phoenix wouldn't won the lottery which would land Bettmans favourite club a generational prospect / someone to build around.

AZ lost a 1st and a 2nd for having prospects do some jumping jacks. Chicago's penalty should have been much worse than that. So no, it doesn't really submarine anyone's argument.

Arizonas actions gave them a competitive edge.

The Beach situation didn't give the Blackhawks a competitive edge.

Why is this difficult for people to understand? :huh:

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
Such a dumb counter point.

-https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1cqURgg1eslU9Ky7NOUHlvM0PJ5rVX-FHZuacYBUL77o/htmlview#

This hasn’t been updated since 2015 mind you. But the culture in hockey has been a problem for generations and you’d have to be a complete idiot to try and limit it to just “hawks bad” when every team has several players, owners, or staff tied to sexual assault.

Oh okay let me refine the line of thought then

"Can you really prosecute ME for sexual assault when so many other rapists are out there roaming free? Such double standards!"

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Meh, I don't think the rebuild will last as long as others. They once again have a lot of early picks, if Bedard pans out he alone will improve the team and Chicago is a prime UFA destination so it won't be too hard to supplement the team via free agency.
Good luck with that. When they drafted Kane and Toews they had Keith, Seabrook and Hammer all in the system or playing. They also had already drafted a fair bit of their depth on the championship teams. They also had an established top goalie. They still missed the playoffs in 2007-2008 with pretty much their full championship core minus Hossa.

This team is starting with Bedard, an aging Seth Jones and pretty much nothing else of substance to build on. The free agency class this year is very weak. Unless someone like Matthews goes UFA and signs there it won't be easy for them to do anything for at least three years. They will be leaning heavily on kids like Korchinski and Reichel.

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Oh okay let me refine the line of thought then

"Can you really prosecute ME for sexual assault when so many other rapists are out there roaming free? Such double standards!"
You keep typing that line trying to be smooth when that is never a sentiment I implied or said

Keep walking around with the holier than thou attitude though lord knows your team has had its fair share of abusers too

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
You keep typing that line trying to be smooth when that is never a sentiment I implied or said

Keep walking around with the holier than thou attitude though lord knows your team has had its fair share of abusers too

Feel free to clarify what your sentiment is, if not either of the two things I just said :)

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009

Forgot they were the only team who didn't wear the pride warmup jerseys :eyeroll:

... oh wait never mind.
Nope, just the only one who made an open commitment to all sorts of positive change in the wake of the Beach incident and then immediately balked at the first open opportunity to acknowledge and welcome other sexualities and prove they've learned literally anything at all about the last decade.

And you know what? Hide behind them if you want but those other franchises are something of a joke too in that regard. If they had half the checkered history of the Blackhawks right now you'd see the same outrage if they were handed a cherished prize. You think people forget James Dolan is a shitwit just because of the Blackhawks?

Reactions: Viqsi

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Feel free to clarify what your sentiment is, if not either of the two things I just said :)
Using your brain and reading would already tell you but sure.

The reason we didn’t get a stiffer punishment is because there are 29 other teams with skeletons in their closets. It’s no coincidence that basically every couple months now a new sexual abuse scandal that happened years ago is breaking news whether it’s in juniors, the nhl, international leagues, college, or during international tournaments. The culture of hockey is just rotten and people who are a part of that toxic culture are in every team in some way shape or form

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Bawwww, boo hooo hoooo,

Just because you keep acting like it’s an “investigation” and keep saying the owner knew, it doesn’t make it any more true. The fact is we will never totally know what happened, and what he knew. Guys a billionaire piece of shit I couldn’t care less about him. But I’m not about to say stuff that I don’t know to be true or not.

Edit: the annoying part to me is that it’s brought up now. Didn’t hear anyone say this during the pick last year at 7. Didn’t hear it at 13. But now all of a sudden it’s time. Now all of a sudden people want to talk about the logo again. It’s just people upset and projecting. Bobby hulls a piece of shit too we should talk about that also then.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
Using your brain and reading would already tell you but sure.

The reason we didn’t get a stiffer punishment is because there are 29 other teams with skeletons in their closets. It’s no coincidence that basically every couple months now a new sexual abuse scandal that happened years ago is breaking news whether it’s in juniors, the nhl, international leagues, college, or during international tournaments. The culture of hockey is just rotten and people who are a part of that toxic culture are in every team in some way shape or form

It’s amazing that fans like you just want to paint our team as the only bad guys

Yeah that's definitely the sentiment you were conveying

Reactions: cole von cole

Seras

Dubas supporter
Sep 1, 2015
New Westminster, BC. Canada
Draft order is dumb, should be done from just missed playoffs getting #1 down to worst team then continue as it does now.

People acting like the hawks should have to delete their franchise because some bad things happened are the same idiots who think bad things happening is out of the ordinary.

Most people are bad, many of those people are very bad, however very few get caught.

Judging others is best left for the professionals who are trained to do so.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Reactions: cole von cole

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad