The team that tanked the most aggressively got Bedard.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Did so much to change the culture that the team canceled pride night too? Doesn't really look any different over there at all, just shuffled some deck chairs around.

Well the Blackhawks owner tried to pretend what happened to Kyle Beach shouldn't be allowed to talk about, so it only makes sense they wouldn't want Pride Night celebrated.

3D chess from that terrible human being of an owner.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Until a star gets a career ending injury in the draft lottery tournament.
I mean that can happen in any game. If a team doesn't want to risk it then don't play the players you don't want to play. No one is stopping them.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
So what is the league going to do next year when 10 teams are competing to see how badly they can trash their rosters for 3/4 of the season ? There will still be a couple delusional management teams next year who wont tank. But still. Clearly tanking works. The harder the tank the better.

This idea that the lottery is preventing tanking is ridiculous.

I counted 6 teams that were tanking

IF you look at the decision those teams were making? They were all tanking.

IN the case of the hawks? They started their sell of a year late and the actual sell of started last year. They announed a full rebuild in their actions last year and they need a full rebuild. I am not a hawks fans and I explain the trades. Keep played who are slowing down and over paid?. They had a three good young players but when you look at the rest of their depth in kids? Even without Bedard they will be a good team in 5 years. They need a goalie in the worse way

I prefer Hawks getting him over either BJS or the Ducks.

For ten years the hawks were one of the best teams in the league and guess what--they players started getting old and the team starting sucking

Reactions: shakes the clown

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
There should be a competition committee that decides the top 5 in the draft. The team that deserves the top pick, gets the top pick. CBJ deserved Bedard. Everyone knows it.

The Oilers didn't deserve McDavid in 2014, everyone knows it.
Why not? Not an Edmonton fan.

monkforasia

May 8, 2023

IN the case of the hawks? They started their sell of a year late and the actual sell of started last year. They announed a full rebuild in their actions last year and they need a full rebuild. I am not a hawks fans and I explain the trades. Keep played who are slowing down and over paid?. They had a three good young players but when you look at the rest of their depth in kids? Even without Bedard they will be a good team in 5 years. They need a goalie in the worse way

For ten years the hawks were one of the best teams in the league and guess what--they players started getting old and the team starting sucking
If the Blackhawks had kept going on with their previous project, they would have been a middling franchise for the next decade. I agree with their philosophy taken. Either go all in or burn it all down. That's my current issue with the Chicago Bulls and look where they are at now. Now look at the Oklahoma Thunder.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass

I saw Chicago as the only one purely tanking. Anaheim is a young team that took a step back. Columbus got hammered with injuries. SJ is just an old team but they didn't actively do anything to kill their season for that purpose only (the Meier trade needed to happen).

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Short of eliminating the draft and allowing players to pick where they want to live and play, which I'm favour of...go back to last gets first.

The lottery is a joke, always has been, always will be.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
From what I see, Vancouver were the only eligible team to win 1st having a better than 500 record in their last 10 games. and Bedard wanted to go there.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Nope

both BJS and Ducks coached to lose
Bluejackets got killed with injuries all season and had basically no real nhl talent in the lineup by the end. Anaheim was always a bad team that only got worse with Gibson.

Again, Chicago was the only one that went out of their way to tank by trading the likes of Dach and Debrincat. Christ, they went into the season with Mrazek and Stalock as their netminders. What, was Scott Darling not available?

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
And this is why there should be no incentive for tanking, all teams that miss the playoffs get a 5% chance at the first overall, and teams that make the playoffs but don't make the SC get 1.4% chance at the first overall, keeps the teams competive and there is no real incentive for tanking
Changing the draft odds does nothing to stop tanking. Chicago clearly made moves and went all in on a tank. They would have been rewarded with a franchise player had they won the lottery or not.

The only way to stop tanking is to distribute the top picks to teams based on historic performance. This means giving favourable odds to teams that have not won the lottery or multiple cups and disallowing teams that have had their turn such as Chicago Pittsburgh Edmonton etc.

Clearly there is a correlation between 1st overall picks and winning. If the league is intent on awarding generational players and top picks to only a few franchises there's not much point in supporting teams that are never rewarded with this advantage.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Changing the draft odds does nothing to stop tanking. Chicago clearly made moves and went all in on a tank. They would have been rewarded with a franchise player had they won the lottery or not.

The only way to stop tanking is to distribute the top picks to teams based on historic performance. This means giving favourable odds to teams that have not won the lottery or multiple cups and disallowing teams that have had their turn such as Chicago Pittsburgh Edmonton etc.

Clearly there is a correlation between 1st overall picks and winning. If the league is intent on awarding generational players and top picks to only a few franchises there's not much point in supporting teams that are never rewarded with this advantage.
That's not true if you're talking about winning the cup.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Listen, there's nothing wrong with the lottery - except for the fact that we don't know if they even follow it.

No one should get equal chances at #1 overall. The worst teams should get the best picks. That's just common sense.

People are just bothered Chicago won it because they're a despicable organization and the villains of the league right now. I'm bothered personally by it, but I don't blame the draft lottery *if* it was followed as it's supposed to be.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I mean that can happen in any game. If a team doesn't want to risk it then don't play the players you don't want to play. No one is stopping them.
Good luck convincing the NHLPA to play extra games for free to help determine the draft order.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Bluejackets got killed with injuries all season and had basically no real nhl talent in the lineup by the end. Anaheim was always a bad team that only got worse with Gibson.

Again, Chicago was the only one that went out of their way to tank by trading the likes of Dach and Debrincat. Christ, they went into the season with Mrazek and Stalock as their netminders. What, was Scott Darling not available?
yeah missed by goaltending comment JR

Looks at the hawks draft picks starting in 2022 going through this year and unto 2024--they are doing a full rebuild

Like I said--they had a couple of good young player but nothing to go with them--they made a decision and decision was made last year--full rebuild--

For me I am a guy who looks at the picks in the top 100,

This was them last draft

DraftNum.RoundPlayerPosDrafted FromGPGAPtsPIM
2022 Entry71Kevin KorchinskiDSeattle Thunderbirds [WHL]
2022 Entry131Frank NazarCU.S. National Development Team [USHL]
2022 Entry251Sam RinzelDChaska H.S. (Minn).
2022 Entry392Paul LudwinskiCKingston Frontenacs [OHL]
2022 Entry572Ryan GreeneCGreen Bay Gamblers [USHL]
2022 Entry663Gavin HayesRFlint Firebirds [OHL]
2022 Entry813Samuel SavoieLGatineau Olympiques [QMJHL]
2022 Entry903Aidan ThompsonCLincoln Stars [USHL]
there are sitting on 8 picks on the top 100 this draft and 6 in 2024

It is a full rebuild--they need to rebuild the organization from top to bottom

Posters are so fixated on the first overall they are not looking at just how deep the organization bought into the rebuild

Beddard is just the icing on the cake for their plan

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
yeah missed by goaltending comment JR

Looks at the hawks draft picks starting in 2022 going through this year and unto 2024--they are doing a full rebuild

Like I said--they had a couple of good young player but nothing to go with them--they made a decision and decision was made last year--full rebuild--

For me I am a guy who looks at the picks in the top 100,

This was them last draft

DraftNum.RoundPlayerPosDrafted FromGPGAPtsPIM
2022 Entry71Kevin KorchinskiDSeattle Thunderbirds [WHL]
2022 Entry131Frank NazarCU.S. National Development Team [USHL]
2022 Entry251Sam RinzelDChaska H.S. (Minn).
2022 Entry392Paul LudwinskiCKingston Frontenacs [OHL]
2022 Entry572Ryan GreeneCGreen Bay Gamblers [USHL]
2022 Entry663Gavin HayesRFlint Firebirds [OHL]
2022 Entry813Samuel SavoieLGatineau Olympiques [QMJHL]
2022 Entry903Aidan ThompsonCLincoln Stars [USHL]
there are sitting on 8 picks on the top 100 this draft and 6 in 2024

It is a full rebuild--they need to rebuild the organization from top to bottom

Posters are so fixated on the first overall they are not looking at just how deep the organization bought into the rebuild

Beddard is just the icing on the cake for their plan
100%. I don't think either Anaheim or Columbus went into this year with plans of bottoming out.

monkforasia

May 8, 2023
If you wanted to be fair and democratic allow players to pick where they play and live.
I highly disagree with this assessment. What does democracy have to do with a sports league? If you want to be "fair" and "Democratic" why dont we give your teams Stanley's cup to teams that haven't won one? Or how about we move your team to another place that doesn't have a team.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008

I highly disagree with this assessment. What does democracy have to do with a sports league? If you want to be "fair" and "Democratic" why dont we give your teams Stanley's cup to teams that haven't won one? Or how about we move your team to another place that doesn't have a team.
I don't think forcing a kid to live and play some where he wouldn't pick is unfair and undemocratic.

I know sports leagues in NA allow it, but it should be illegal.

The rest of your response is gobbledygook.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
f*** the Blackhawks until the heat death of the universe.
FvsezcYaYAMi79O

dukedukowski

Jun 11, 2022
So what is the league going to do next year when 10 teams are competing to see how badly they can trash their rosters for 3/4 of the season ? There will still be a couple delusional management teams next year who wont tank. But still. Clearly tanking works. The harder the tank the better.

This idea that the lottery is preventing tanking is ridiculous.
Another example that you aren't watching competition to begin with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad