OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: They Blamed Canada

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Colts getting whipped by the Bungles. Guessing they'll look like a SB contender against the Tomlins
Every AFC North team going to win today, but this result is fine. Steelers need to beat both Indy and Cincy anyway as mentioned.

And watch them do it. Lose @ Seattle and Baltimore, finish 9-8. Either no playoffs or an easy one and done but keep Tomlin’s meaningless streak alive and then draft another first round bust.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
I want the Steelers to lose out the rest of the year. This team would get crushed in the playoffs by ..... anyone.

Which means that they will win one game, be edged out of the playoffs, and pick in the 20s again.

Worst of both worlds. Which is the norm for Tomlin.
It would be the most beneficial for the future.

The better draft position is one thing, but also with the way the rest of the division keeps winning even with backup qb's, there's potential the Steelers could be looking forward to a 4th place schedule on top of whatever additions they make through the draft/free agency.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I want the Steelers to lose out the rest of the year. This team would get crushed in the playoffs by ..... anyone.

Which means that they will win one game, be edged out of the playoffs, and pick in the 20s again.

Worst of both worlds. Which is the norm for Tomlin.

I would really like the young players on the Steelers to see what a playoff game is like. I don't care if they get crushed - if anything, that might hammer home just how much better they've got to be more.

That mightn't be the best possible thing, but I think it'd have real value.

Also based on last year, the difference between making the playoffs and ending 7-10 might be the difference between picking 19th or so and picking 11th. That is far from nothing, but it's not gigantic either.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I would really like the young players on the Steelers to see what a playoff game is like. I don't care if they get crushed - if anything, that might hammer home just how much better they've got to be more.

Also based on last year, the difference between making the playoffs and ending 7-10 might be the difference between picking 19th or so and picking 11th. That is far from nothing, but it's not gigantic either.
There is a huge difference between the average players picked around 10 and players picked around 20.

I would put talent into tiers.

Top five.

Five to around eleven.

Twelve to around nineteen.

Twenty to the top five or so picks of the second round.

As for the value of playoff experience for young players, you need to know who these players are first. Especially whether KP is the future or you need to go elsewhere. We are miles from needing to just get young players experience. The Steelers are still deep in the evaluation stage.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Deep down inside, we all know it to be true.

Tomlin can do no wrong in AR2’s world.
It's more than that.

Theoretically it is accurate. Stability is how you create and keep a winning culture. And Tomlin does know how to limit the floor of performance. The real question with Tomlin has always been whether he can ever get the most out of a team. The xs and os of the game. Yes, he won a couple of superbowls but can anyone really point to his game plans as the reason why?

The most pressing question is not backward looking but forward. Without a hall of fame quarterback like Roethlisberger carrying the team can Tomlin win when it counts? Many of us see a bleak future with no end in sight.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Even the Jets with Zach Wilson are better than the Steelers…the Steelers are a bottom five team in the NFL right now

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Yeah. Joe Flacco is great. It's not that he has a good offensive mind behind him at HC making things easier for him.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
It's more than that.

Theoretically it is accurate. Stability is how you create and keep a winning culture. And Tomlin does know how to limit the floor of performance. The real question with Tomlin has always been whether he can ever get the most out of a team. The xs and os of the game. Yes, he won a couple of superbowls but can anyone really point to his game plans as the reason why?

The most pressing question is not backward looking but forward. Without a hall of fame quarterback like Roethlisberger carrying the team can Tomlin win when it counts? Many of us see a bleak future with no end in sight.
I'm not against letting Tomlin stay if they tell him to stop influencing both sides of the ball. Just be a cheerleader and bring in some young blood to transition the team in to the modern NFL.

That is probably a pipe dream of the highest magnitude. He'd never allow that and the Rooney's are far too soft to enforce it.

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
Every AFC North team going to win today, but this result is fine. Steelers need to beat both Indy and Cincy anyway as mentioned.

And watch them do it. Lose @ Seattle and Baltimore, finish 9-8. Either no playoffs or an easy one and done but keep Tomlin’s meaningless streak alive and then draft another first round bust.

TBF... most of the people on this board said 9-8... I haven't watched the Steelers in years... laughed at a few quarters this year and said they would be 9-8. It's an easy call. Tomlin has been mediocre for years.... it's not going to change.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

Nah. Things needs to bottom out so that real changes are made.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Nah. Things needs to bottom out so that real changes are made.
They will beat indy. Minshew is in concussion protocol. The bengals still play cover 2 and will struggle with muth. Seattle will be a toss up they started lock today and will be eliminated from the playoffs when we play them Bmore could be locked in to their seed week 18 because they play Miami week 17.
Righ now we would play KC but Denver is 1 game behind them for the division. Jacksonville is going to lose the division to the texans who have the Titans 2 times colts once. Jacksonville plays bmore and Tampa

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
It's more than that.

There’s no doubt in my mind now that Tomlin has no clue how to develop a young QB.

He’s a defensive guy who’s not really even some elite defensive mind.

If you look at the successful HCs around the league now, they are all offensive gurus, and the rules of the league favor them.

Tomlin thinks he’s smarter than everyone else and he can zig while the league zags.

The league is starting to pass him by and he doesn’t want to change and evolve with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad