OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: They Blamed Canada

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
It was more a knee to the jaw from what I remember. Him switching to a tinted visor is very suspicious.

With today's news of him being in protocol, the Steelers and the NFL field medical team should probably be investigated.

I was being facetious.

Reactions: Smoke

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
As an oc you have to watch tape and say what does KP do well. If he has a 100 percent clean pocket and knows exactly who to throw it do he can make the throw. Anytime a team shows any pressure or any zone he is lost. By now he should have 1 wow game that shows his talent

A good OC will think he can fix that, know that he’s following a god awful shitty OC, and smell big opportunity for himself.

You continue to project your feelings on a professional coach and it’s making you look silly.

Reactions: Night Shift

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
A good OC will think he can fix that, know that he’s following a god awful shitty OC, and smell big opportunity for himself.

You continue to project your feelings on a professional coach and it’s making you look silly.
Unless of course there’s nothing to fix or it’s unfix able. Rosen with a worse oc than canada had 13 tds for the cards and he is out of the league.

Reactions: Goalie_Bob

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
It's all speculation but, based on what has come out of the mouths of current and ex pros, I don't think there's a strong case for thinking all OCs are going to look at Pickett and think "unfixable". The Athletic QB Tiers highlighted his case with respondents saying he was destined to be a Tier 2 QB back at the start of the season. Whatshisface on the QB school has regularly been complimentary. Randy Mueller has been complimentary of Pickett, and absolutely scathing of Canada's work. I'm sure you can find plenty of pros who don't think Pickett has it either but that's not the argument - the argument is that it isn't all of them. That's just me thinking of a few guys off of the top of my head.

I was being facetious.

That's very hard to decipher in this day and age of the internet. I see it now. :)

I very nearly posted an angry response before going "waitaminute..." :laugh:

Reactions: pistolpete11

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
What exactly is it about Pickett's game that have people thinking he doesn't have "it"? He's been quite clutch despite the horrible circumstances. I really don't think it's fair to judge him harshly until we see him in an actual functional professional offense with an OL he trusts to not break down in 1.2 seconds

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Lets put it this way your a top passing game coordinator whose career aspirations are to be a HC every tram on this list has a blank check where are hou spending the next few seasons
Chargers
Washington
Steelers
Pats
Panthers
Bears
Lions
Raiders
Saints

Lets put it this way
Chargers
Washington
Steelers
Pats
Panthers
Bears
Lions
Raiders
Saints

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
What exactly is it about Pickett's game that have people thinking he doesn't have "it"? He's been quite clutch despite the horrible circumstances. I really don't think it's fair to judge him harshly until we see him in an actual functional professional offense with an OL he trusts to not break down in 1.2 seconds
Whenever he has time he bails out of the pocket and into trouble he doesn’t read defenses or process the field. He has to be 100 percent sure where he is going with the football to throw a great pass. He has been in the top 7 all season in most uncatchable passes making it as high as 3. In the nfl you have 2.4 seconds from snap to throw on average he is getting that. If a wr isn’t college open he isn’t throwing it to him.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Unless of course there’s nothing to fix or it’s unfix able. Rosen with a worse oc than canada had 13 tds for the cards and he is out of the league.

These are nothing more than a fans silly words, not the thoughts of an NFL coach looking to climb the ladder.

Hey, what if the Steelers want a really big time up and comer and he looks at Tomlin’s meddling ways and how his last two OCs were absolute disasters and wants no part of that?

A guy not being allowed to run his offense how he wants is going to be scared away much more easily than anything with KP.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Because those posters are scared to death to blame Tomlin because he is %$%$#

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
These are nothing more than a fans silly words, not the thoughts of an NFL coach looking to climb the ladder.

Hey, what if the Steelers want a really big time up and comer and he looks at Tomlin’s meddling ways and how his last two OCs were absolute disasters and wants no part of that?

A guy not being allowed to run his offense how he wants is going to be scared away much more easily than anything with KP.
Interesting since it sounds like no one but Canada had any say in his offense. Tomlin didn’t mettle with fitchner he built the offense strictly around Ben

Because those posters are scared to death to blame Tomlin because he is %$%$#
What the one game that is full of wow moments in KP nfl career

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Interesting since it sounds like no one but Canada had any say in his offense. Tomlin didn’t mettle with fitchner he built the offense strictly around Ben

Canada flat out said this is the offense that Tomlin wanted.

There is actual footage of him saying it, not a beat guy misinterpreting what was said.

It’s also been pointed out ad nauseam by all the major beat guys Tomlin meddles on both sides of the ball.

So if NFL coaches think like you claim, they would be terrified to work for a meddling coach who won’t let them run their offense.

Any potential new OC worth their salt wouldn’t want anything to do with a HC that turned his last two OCs into laughingstocks.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022

What is The Wow game In HC Cliche's Career

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Not sure how much we even care about rooting for other afc teams to lose at this point given how flawed the Steelers are and how unlikely a playoff spot seems. Going nowhere anyway. But I’ll still watch.

Ravens -7.5 against the rams is easy money BTW. They consistently take NFC teams to the woodshed, especially at home.

TD Flacco right away for Cleveland lol.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Jake Browning and old man Flacco are both way better QB’s than golden boy Pickett will ever be.

What’s hilarious is that both Trace McSorley and Sean Clifford are, too.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Whenever he has time he bails out of the pocket and into trouble he doesn’t read defenses or process the field.

False. Most of the time when he has time he stays in the pocket and makes a good throw. You're remembering the few times he bails, and that's a byproduct of not trusting the OL.

Reading defenses and processing the field requires experience and time, which he doesn't have.

He has to be 100 percent sure where he is going with the football to throw a great pass.

So does every single QB who's ever played.

He has been in the top 7 all season in most uncatchable passes making it as high as 3. In the nfl you have 2.4 seconds from snap to throw on average he is getting that.

The average NFL QB has 2.75 seconds to throw. KP is lucky if he gets to 2 seconds before a defender puts him on his ass. This is why he doesn't trust the OL, why he may sometimes bail even when protection is there, and why he struggles to get through his progressions.

If a wr isn’t college open he isn’t throwing it to him.

Simply not true.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Not sure how much we even care about rooting for other afc teams to lose at this point given how flawed the Steelers are and how unlikely a playoff spot seems. Going nowhere anyway. But I’ll still watch.

Ravens -7.5 against the rams is easy money BTW. They consistently take NFC teams to the woodshed, especially at home.

TD Flacco right away for Cleveland lol.
We will ve the 7th seed after today. We controll our own destiny with the colts Cincinnati next 2 games. The browns still play Houston
The Rams offense is to much for the ravens defense

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I watch him bail and spin out of clean pockets consistently. He has abysmal pocket presence. I watch him miss lay ups consistently. I was at the Jacksonville game earlier this season. I watched him miss DJ wide open in the end zone because he didn’t read the play fast enough. He locks in on the main target and he doesn’t move off them quick enough.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We will ve the 7th seed after today. We controll our own destiny with the colts Cincinnati next 2 games. The browns still play Houston
The Rams offense is to much for the ravens defense
Hopefully we don’t make it…would be a travesty if we did with the horrible football we play…I watch these other teams and they’re much better

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I watch him bail and spin out of clean pockets consistently. He has abysmal pocket presence. I watch him miss lay ups consistently. I was at the Jacksonville game earlier this season. I watched him miss DJ wide open in the end zone because he didn’t read the play fast enough. He locks in on the main target and he doesn’t move off them quick enough.

Happy feet is probably his biggest issue, but people really have to stop complaining that he misses open receivers. Every QB misses open receivers because the QB on the field isn't out there with your Madden view. They almost never get to scan the whole field, and if a receiver is running a route away from the QBs eyes, there's a very low likelihood he'll ever get the ball. A lot of routes are designed to create space for other routes and aren't really expected to see the ball.

Point being, what you think you're seeing and what's going on are not in sync.

Last edited:
Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad