OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: They Blamed Canada

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I don’t believe race plays a role in the Steelers keeping him. I do however believe that race is a little bit of a factor in why national media is very hesitant to criticize him
Rooney helped foster interviewing minority coaches for openings. You really don't think it plays some underlying factor?

I could care less what ethnicity any coach is at the end of the day Tomlin like Mike Sullivan he has more than lost his team.

We need to move on from him and his obnoxious coaching tree. A full rebuild of philosophy. While we are at it...get rid of the players like DJ that have no future here.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Can we nuke the entire coaching staff? I am not surprised at the play calls at the end of the game. We have been seeing this shit for years. They are a combination of predictable and terrible.
Undisciplined, unprepared, uninspired. I could go on. If AR2 isn’t willing to make changes after all this then he too is out of touch. I hope they lose out.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Can we nuke the entire coaching staff? I am not surprised at the play calls at the end of the game. We have been seeing this shit for years. They are a combination of predictable and terrible.
Undisciplined, unprepared, uninspired. I could go on. If AR2 isn’t willing to make changes after all this then he too is out of touch. I hope they lose out.

Not if you want to be able to hire new people who wouldn't rather be at a different NFL team. The national media's love of Tomlin reflects an NFL wide perspective; guys aren't going to want to work at an organisation they see as unreasonable and lacking loyalty if they can work elsewhere.

Besides, I'm guessing most of them are competent and will do better under another guy (who'll also want his own guys, which is a good time to make changes).

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Why do they keep using Harris the 3rd and short runs, when Warrren is the better back?

Both guys have 5 3rd and short runs this year. Warren has 21 yards and 3 1st downs, Harris has 42 yards and 4 1st downs.

This usage and results seem fine to me.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Tomlin is so clueless. The funny thing is he says the same shit, tone, etc like Mike Sullivan and both are revered as legendary coaches by Pittsburgh Media and sports media in general. Bizarre shit, I don't get why sports analysts are so afraid to say "Great coach, but for this team, it's time to move on, for both, a great coach can lose a room, get elsewhere and and have their voice matter again to a new squad..."

Is that so hard to say? It treats the coach with respect by media but also properly says - Yeah this shit ain't working mate, they need a new coach and this coach needs a different team.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Both guys have 5 3rd and short runs this year. Warren has 21 yards and 3 1st downs, Harris has 42 yards and 4 1st downs.

This usage and results seem fine to me.
The thing about Harris is I think he's being told to be a certain way based on his size and what not, because the entire RB world is saying "Harris can be better with a little less weight to be more explosive" and yet the offense is made in a way that when the plays are called for Harris, it's just not the right ones and he's not the right RB to execute them vs the plays Warren gets where his shiftiness and size lets him be slippery. I think both are effective, but maybe converting Harris to a fullback might be a better move.

Then again, they didn't even use Derek Watt properly in that role under Tomlin & Clown Co.

With Harris' size, if he doesn't want to trim down, then bulk up and be a proper Fullback, block, make plays, let Warren be the #1 RB, let Harris be the #1 FB.

Reactions: Khelandros

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Tomlin is so clueless. The funny thing is he says the same shit, tone, etc like Mike Sullivan and both are revered as legendary coaches by Pittsburgh Media and sports media in general. Bizarre shit, I don't get why sports analysts are so afraid to say "Great coach, but for this team, it's time to move on, for both, a great coach can lose a room, get elsewhere and and have their voice matter again to a new squad..."

Is that so hard to say? It treats the coach with respect by media but also properly says - Yeah this shit ain't working mate, they need a new coach and this coach needs a different team.

The coach can never be wrong,.never the root of the problem..it's a foreign concept in Western PA.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
The coach can never be wrong,.never the root of the problem..it's a foreign concept in Western PA.
Pittsburgh Media - Is the coach the problem or the players? It's the players, the coach can never be the problem, how can these amazing franchises hire awful coaches?

*Coach is fired*

Pittsburgh Media - The coach was never the right fit and here's why...

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
@Night Shift - I mean am I wrong? That's literally what they do.

Hextall had like some weird hit piece out by Yohetard and Rosshit. Yet the same issues persist, it did before "sleepy" and now that Kindergarten Kyle Dubasshole is there, same shit. Tomlin is some Hall of Fame coach according to Analysts, but here he is, prepping his team to face two 2-10 teams like its a joke and then he blames his players for not responding, Minkah is mad and calling players out because he doesn't want to talk shit about the coach because of the stigma that can get and how Tomlin will bench him for it...

The only safe coaching job is the Pirates, because just showing up is a win there, imagine going to work knowing your ownership doesn't give a shit about wins, just about profit so you're just there to make the players look ok enough to trade to turn a profit.

Reactions: Night Shift

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022

Hextall had like some weird hit piece out by Yohetard and Rosshit. Yet the same issues persist, it did before "sleepy" and now that Kindergarten Kyle Dubasshole is there, same shit. Tomlin is some Hall of Fame coach according to Analysts, but here he is, prepping his team to face two 2-10 teams like its a joke and then he blames his players for not responding, Minkah is mad and calling players out because he doesn't want to talk shit about the coach because of the stigma that can get and how Tomlin will bench him for it...

The only safe coaching job is the Pirates, because just showing up is a win there, imagine going to work knowing your ownership doesn't give a shit about wins, just about profit so you're just there to make the players look ok enough to trade to turn a profit.
You Need Mental Help

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

Well I was going to say the most hated and blamed is the QB (by fans and media), OC, then any other random player comes next. Take any young QB and stick him with the Clown and this is what you get. I would hate to currently be drafted if I was a QB coming out to this organization. It's a no win.

Poor Kenny. If I was him I'd request a trade.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
@Honour Over Glory

Unfortunately Kyle "Stu" Dubas can't hear you cause he's in Vegas with the Wolf Pack again. Baby

Doug's lost again and Alan is eating paint chips. But every thing a A ok according to this pic.

The-Hangover-Ed-Helms-tooth.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Y’all seriously need to become Liverpool F.C. And PSU Football fans. Steelers and Pens are both losers. So is Pitt obviously.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Y’all seriously need to become Liverpool F.C. And PSU Football fans. Steelers and Pens are both losers. So is Pitt obviously.

Nice piece, Mark.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Nice piece, Mark.

Actually is. Also, Mark doesn’t like PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad