OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers need a new ball thrower for the handball game thingy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005

“The Heinz Red Zone will be sticking around and one of the recently-removed ketchup bottles will be somewhere inside Acrisure stadium where people can get a picture.

According to our partners at the Trib, the Steelers and Kraft Heinz have agreed to a five-year sponsorship deal.”

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
The f***ing irony in Ben saying the NFL is me first, for a bloke that was selfish af, real rich. Even retired he's still blaming others for f*** ups.

Keep the Steelers out your mouth, fat f***.

Funny how Brady and others don't blame young players. Instead they lead. Ben was always a super shit leader. If he had to actually help players god forbid he had to help develop them as a leader. Ben was always me first. Didn't want to help any young Qbs and problematic players were fine as long as he won.

Last edited:
Reactions: ColePens and Pens x

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
The f***ing irony in Ben saying the NFL is me first, for a bloke that was selfish af, real rich. Even retired he's still blaming others for f*** ups.

Funny how Brady and others don't blame young players. Instead they lead. Ben was always a super shit leader. If he had to actually help players god forbid he had to help develop them as a leader. Ben was always me first. Didn't want to help any young Qbs and problematic players were fine as long as he won.

At best you can say he's a successful but garbage person.

At worst he's...you know. Bathroom Stall.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Brady literally just said similar things as BR to Peter King last year, he just did it more eloquently.

He’s also well known to embarrass his teammates during games:

That is just one of umpteen times he’s done that.

Roth has always been known for being an asshole, but that doesn’t make him wrong either.

He came into the league on a team with leaders like Farrior, Keisel, Polo, Ward, and Smith… then in his last years dealt with selfish me first guys like Bell, AB, Claypool, Bush and Juju “Tik Tok”.

Assuming he was delusional about Tomlin, he probably thought the selfish behavior of these guys cost them a chance to win another SB… especially Bell and AB derailing things.

So he may be a dick, but he’s not wrong about what he said.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

I'm not going to take a headline that says

"Ben Roethlisberger is actively hurting the Steelers right now"​

seriously. That's click bait and people fell for it

Ben/Brady/Peyton/Rodgers are all me first guys and I've got tons of examples for ALL of them. The media just loves to skewer Ben for some odd reason.

Ozzy O was right about something

"The media sells it, and you live the role"

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Ben/Brady/Peyton/Rodgers are all me first guys and I've got tons of examples for ALL of them. The media just loves to skewer Ben for some odd reason.

Roth has always been known as an asshole, so I doubt any of us are arguing that.

Most of the other guys you listed are major D bags to.

Many of these guys are that way, so whatever.

That doesn’t make them bad teammates and there are tons of examples of WR who said how much Roth helped them.

He didn’t want to help Rudolph take his place, so what? Not exactly cool, but he isn’t the first guy to have that attitude.

f***, Brady’s ego couldn’t handle Jimmy G even having a faint shot at his job, so he made a power play to get him traded.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008

It doesn’t really take a detective to figure out why the media loves to skewer Ben. Or why fans don’t like the guy.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
You’re definitely right about the hypocrisy. When a guy like Ray Lewis gets worshipped, you know there’s something wrong.

But I also have no problem with how people talk about Ben. He brought all this upon himself.

Ya he did, it’s just eye opening when a guy like Manning is worshipped when he was accused of sexual assault also:

Maybe it’s the aw shucks L’il Abner routine that fools people who knows.

The Ray Lewis stuff is the craziest shit I have ever seen though.

He rambles about being a man and oh Jesus is a cool guy and shit, then suddenly all is forgiven.

People forget he wasn’t just accused of murder, but 2 separate times where he beat the hell out of his girlfriends in college… one was even pregnant. Then he finished off the HT of assaults when he socked another woman at a club.

He’s a good guy now though because Jesus or something.

Just bizarre how some guys are treated differently.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012

Big Ben was a douche. Is still a douche. Will always be a douche.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I don't care about the other Qbs. The douche slob I am talking about played for a team we cheer for.

This is like "yeah that bloke is bad but so are other blokes!"

It comes with the territory of having a good QB.
Maddox whined about the Steelers drafting Ben.
Bradshaw wasn't shy about his feelings.

Any good QB at this level likely has a massive ego. So I guess if we have a good team you can root for everyone EXCEPT the QB bc's he likely going to be a dbag too.

You're free to choose your fandom, but be honest with what territory you're entering into with it.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
It comes with the territory of having a good QB.
Maddox whined about the Steelers drafting Ben.
Bradshaw wasn't shy about his feelings.

Any good QB at this level likely has a massive ego. So I guess if we have a good team you can root for everyone EXCEPT the QB bc's he likely going to be a dbag too.

You're free to choose your fandom, but be honest with what territory you're entering into with it.
Fragile egos in that position.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I'm glad we described most QB's who make it to the NFL

You mean the NFL QB wasn’t a nice guy?

hangover-300.jpg

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
What I take out of the article is he said the Steelers were team first mentality when he got there with Cowher. Once Tomlin got hired it gradually became an organization of "me first"

I can agree with Ben on that.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
What I take out of the article is he said the Steelers were team first mentality when he got there with Cowher. Once Tomlin got hired it gradually became an organization of "me first"

I can agree with Ben on that.

I mentioned earlier that it’s hard to disagree with him given who was there when he first arrived and the guys around his last several years.

Ppl don’t like him so I guess he can’t possibly be right because Ray Lewis found Jesus.

Reactions: Night Shift

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Just to be clear, the whole “QBs are bad guys” discussion started when someone commented on what is debatably a clickbait article that Brady and other QBs aren’t d-bags like Ben is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad