OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers need a new ball thrower for the handball game thingy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Ben has definitely always been a douche. I just feel like it got hidden because the team around him got guys that were more douchey. I mean in a locker room with AB, Bell, JuJu, Bryant and Claypool it’s hard to be more of a douche then those guys…but let’s not act like Brady hasn’t pulled some douchey shit when it comes to blaming young players or shitty leadership. I mean he’s the guy who wouldn’t shake Nick Foles’ hand after the Bears beat Tampa in the regular season. He’s the guy who after he threw an interception against the Saints told a Saints coach on the sideline to go f**k himself because he was clapping about his team just getting a turnover

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Think the battle stuff has been way overtalked. It's not writ in stone but until you see something funky happen, that's Trubisky's job and Pickett's looking to show he can make it a live competition in season and Rudolph's looking to show that another NFL org should want him.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Thoughts/predictions on the QB battle? Will thgere be one? Is Kenny a foregone conclusion? What do people think WILL happen? What do people think SHOULD happen?

I’d love to see Pickett come in and give them no choice but to start him. I’m 95% sure Trubisky will start though which at the end the day isn’t a big deal. It gives the o line a little time to gel.

I do hope they trade Rudolph for a late pick at some point.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I said when Pickett was drafted he’d be the number 3 behind Mitch and Rudolph. I still stand by that.

They’ll cut bait with Rudolph next season and Pickett will take over for Mitch.

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
I said when Pickett was drafted he’d be the number 3 behind Mitch and Rudolph. I still stand by that.

They’ll cut bait with Rudolph next season and Pickett will take over for Mitch.

Even if they a win a playoff game(s) with Mitch?

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Thoughts/predictions on the QB battle? Will thgere be one? Is Kenny a foregone conclusion? What do people think WILL happen? What do people think SHOULD happen?

What WILL happen:

To start training camp
Mitch
Rudolph
Pickett

If a QB on another team gets hurt (and they will), Rudolph will be an easy trade

Mitch
Pickett
7th rounder - don't remember his name

If Mason doesn't get traded, Pickett will likely get the backup role mid season. Might even get some snaps depending on our record.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
First Team Offense:
QB Trubisky
RB Harris
WR Johnson
WR Pickens
SLOT Claypool
TE Freiermuth
LT Moore
LG Dotson
C Cole
RG Daniel
RT Okorafor

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Definitely intrigued, lots of new pieces. Hopefully the o-line play is vastly improved. Feel we can be pretty decent if so. Not sold on the WR group. I do think the kid from Memphis or whatever small school is going to be good.

Will be the first to say it and hopefully I’m wrong. IF Pickens turns out to be good (which I’m not convinced of) he absolutely is going to be a diva.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
And you all wanted to bang on Rudolph!

Dumb asses.
Rudolph is a very conservative choice that is not going to move the needle. Sure, he knows the offense and may make less mistakes than Trubisky or Pickett. I think he’s probably the safer choice. However, if the team wants bigger plays, including running plays by the QB, and a more exciting offense they need to take a chance with the other 2 QBs…I hope Tomlin gives them a lot of rope to grow and doesn’t just plug in Rudolph

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Rudolph is a very conservative choice that is not going to move the needle. Sure, he knows the offense and may make less mistakes than Trubisky or Pickett. I think he’s probably the safer choice. However, if the team wants bigger plays, including running plays by the QB, and a more exciting offense they need to take a chance with the other 2 QBs…I hope Tomlin gives them a lot of rope to grow and doesn’t just plug in Rudolph

Good post

Trubinski has a higher ceiling but also a lower floor

Mason is going to be more steady, but that might get you a total of 10 points per game.

Reactions: Andy99

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
So many experts in and around football offering opinions on Rudolph and yet I never see any of them talking about the near death hit he took against Baltimore.

Dude looks slower with everything since that hit, and this is coming from a guy who thought he could be a franchise qb when the drafted him. "science" know little regarding the brain, so unless there are obvious symptoms, they give him a bill of clean health.

I love Pickett but the best case scenario is for all of the qb's to look great when given the opportunity to play this year. That would give them major trading assets for next off season.

expert

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
So many experts in and around football offering opinions on Rudolph and yet I never see any of them talking about the near death hit he took against Baltimore.

Dude looks slower with everything since that hit, and this is coming from a guy who thought he could be a franchise qb when the drafted him. "science" know little regarding the brain, so unless there are obvious symptoms, they give him a bill of clean health.

I love Pickett but the best case scenario is for all of the qb's to look great when given the opportunity to play this year. That would give them major trading assets for next off season.

expert

Oh I agree. He was looking pretty good before that vicious hit (not penalized or fined btw).
Based on that limited body of work, he would have been one of the top backups in the league.

Now he's quite average

Reactions: Coastal Kev

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

sarcameter-sarcasm.gif

Reactions: Andy99

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Here's the biggest thing the Steelers didn't address at all: backup RB

It’s Tomlin’s dumbass “we do what we do” approach. He’s done it for years with the RB position. Meanwhile we consistently have one of the worst RB rooms in the league. If Najee doesn’t pan out or gets dinged? Yeah have fun watching that for an extended period of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad