OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers need a new ball thrower for the handball game thingy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
F*** Heinz and the vulture capitalists that moved them out of Pittsburgh. The owners of Heinz, including the Brazilian leeches 3G and Warren Buffett, are the bad guys here people.
Absolutely. Kraft Heinz has been a sinking ship relative to the s&p since the merger. So they took a local company with a great story, moved it to Chicago to be helmed by a bunch of Brazilian vultures, and moved processing and manufacturing elsewhere too, and didn't even improve anything. So they didn't even fulfill their capitalist mission to extract more profit. They ruined it and it's just a blip on their portfolio, waiting to be sold once they gather the courage to cut their losses.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
The history center is named for Senator John Heinz, so it's not even directly named after the company.

What a sad story about Heinz. My dad worked there from the early 90s until the Kraft "merger". It wasn't just headquarters and office workers, we had manufacturing and product development right on the north side. Now it's all apartments. It's sad losing a uniquely Pittsburgh institution that supported both white collar jobs and manufacturing.
John was destined to be President....... then a mysterious plane crash happens right before his announcement.

A lot of great men in our country met untimely deaths.

Reactions: Snooki Stackhouse

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
I'm guessing that comment was based on the Mon's reputation as being a dirty river due to all the steel mills and coke ovens along it's banks. But all those have gone away except for Clairton.

It has changed a lot over the past twenty years and is cleaner in some cases than the Allegheny.

Reactions: dogthateats

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I'm guessing that comment was based on the Mon's reputation as being a dirty river due to all the steel mills and coke ovens along it's banks. But all those have gone away except for Clairton.

It has changed a lot over the past twenty years and is cleaner in some cases than the Allegheny.
Yeah I'm just being a jag. The Mon is a fine body of water.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Absolutely. Kraft Heinz has been a sinking ship relative to the s&p since the merger. So they took a local company with a great story, moved it to Chicago to be helmed by a bunch of Brazilian vultures, and moved processing and manufacturing elsewhere too, and didn't even improve anything. So they didn't even fulfill their capitalist mission to extract more profit. They ruined it and it's just a blip on their portfolio, waiting to be sold once they gather the courage to cut their losses.
It boggles my mind that Pittsburghers are rallying around Heinz. Heinz has been taken over and the people who did it sold out this region in the last decade. I don't want their free/low cost branding. They should be villified. They fired half the Kraft people in Chicago too.

Reactions: Coastal Kev

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
It boggles my mind that Pittsburghers are rallying around Heinz. Heinz has been taken over and the people who did it sold out this region in the last decade. I don't want their free/low cost branding. They should be villified. They fired half the Kraft people in Chicago too.

I don’t think people are actually thinking that deep about it. They just like the giant ketchup bottles that pour in the red zones.

Which, I have to admit, I’m a fan of as well.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Mr. Rogers and Daniel Tiger explaining how bad things happen and it's okay to be sad sometimes before every home game.

How about two and a half? The Mon is more of a watery discharge than a real river.

As long as they show this on the big screen for every big play ...

mr-rogers-middle.gif

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Can’t wait to hear yinzers butcher the pronunciation of it. That’s the only silver lining. See yinz dahn at akreeerchurr at 4 pm.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

I think it's the name more than the company. At least that name has Pittsburgh heritage; much better than an insurance company from Chicago.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
It's a dumb name to be sure, but "Heinz Field" was an equally dumb name too. Most wanted to call it "Three Rivers Stadium II" when it was being built.

ibar726

Aug 6, 2013
Yeah, I will never call it Acrisure. That just sounds awkward as heck. Zero flow. But...I could see people here abbreviating it to being called "The Sure" or "Sure Stadium". Then it sounds like a very Pittsburgh name. I mean "I'm goin dahntahn to watch the Stillers at the Sure". I think I could be okay living with that, plus an generic abbreviated name catching on would be an bit of a middle finger to the name licensing process without the accusations of being stubborn to change or living in the past like calling it Three Rivers again...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad