OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers need a new ball thrower for the handball game thingy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Yeah, seems like a serviceable Tuitt replacement. Obviously not as good as Tuitt but an upgrade over what we had in house to replace him.

Reactions: td_ice

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Yeah, I took that as a trick question and the answer is "0".

As far as Ogunjobi, good player who had a bad injury and had trouble getting a contract in FA. But with the Steelers having a good amount of cap space, he's worth a shot. Plus with it only being a 1 year deal he will want to ball out to show he is healthy and to get a long term deal next FA period.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Yea he was going to sign elsewhere a while ago but failed the physical.

He’s a good lineman and we need help there in the worst way.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Alualu didn’t tear his ACL. I’d be surprised if even at 35 and coming off an injury he isn’t a huge upgrade over someone like Buggs or Mondeaux.

Plus they have a good bit of depth on the line now and should be able to manage his snaps. He shouldn’t have to play a ton outside of their base defense and they’re in that less than half of the time.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Went down the YT rabbit hole looking for the time Reggie White threw Cris Carter like a beach ball… saw some NFL names I haven’t heard in ages.

Christian Okoye
Brian Bosworth
Tony Mandarich
Todd Marinovich
Jay Schroeder
Dan McGwire
Rick Mirer
Shawn Springs
Dennis Byrd

Thought a few fans of this era would enjoy seeing some of these names again.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
And now he's 35 with a torn ACL. I will be shocked if he is anything better than a sieve against the run.
He is coming off of a broken ankle and will be a rotation piece. They play a ton of 2 DL in base anyway. He ADams and Larry will be the NT. Davis and wormley will be the rushers from dt. Leal loud milk will play LDE.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Went down the YT rabbit hole looking for the time Reggie White threw Cris Carter like a beach ball… saw some NFL names I haven’t heard in ages.

Christian Okoye
Brian Bosworth
Tony Mandarich
Todd Marinovich
Jay Schroeder
Dan McGwire
Rick Mirer
Shawn Springs
Dennis Byrd

Marinovich - the RoboQB trained by his old man to be a proQB from the time he was a little kid rebels as a grown up and quits football to smoke weed all the time. Ricky Williams cousin.

Mandarich - Who knew it was all 'roids.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

Christian Okoye
Brian Bosworth
Tony Mandarich
Todd Marinovich
Jay Schroeder
Dan McGwire
Rick Mirer
Shawn Springs
Dennis Byrd

I think they made a movie about Dennis Byrd? Think he went to Oklahoma and there was a scene of him as a little kid shoving this huge post in the ground as training to be a lineman

Also the Boz was supposed to be the best LB to come out since Singletary. Woof...

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I think they made a movie about Dennis Byrd? Think he went to Oklahoma and there was a scene of him as a little kid shoving this huge post in the ground as training to be a lineman

Also the Boz was supposed to be the best LB to come out since Singletary. Woof...

Byrd apparently learned to walk again and a few yrs back was killed by a drunk I believe.

When he was alive he said he was in constant pain and his spine burned every day of his life…

Marinovich - the RoboQB trained by his old man to be a proQB from the time he was a little kid rebels as a grown up and quits football to smoke weed all the time. Ricky Williams cousin.

Mandarich - Who knew it was all 'roids.

I still remember reading the roided up SI draft cover with Mandarich as a kid…

Was something like “The Perfect Prospect”

Uh about that…

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Browns

200.gif

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Ari Meirov
@MySportsUpdate
·
1m
BREAKING: The #Browns are trading QB Baker Mayfield to the #Panthers in exchanged for a conditional fifth-round pick, per
@RapSheet
. The pick could turn into a fourth-rounder. Baker has a new home. So Much for Stains Fans saying they would recoup most of what they traded for DeTAINT Watson

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Ari Meirov
@MySportsUpdate
·
1m
BREAKING: The #Browns are trading QB Baker Mayfield to the #Panthers in exchanged for a conditional fifth-round pick, per
@RapSheet
. The pick could turn into a fourth-rounder. Baker has a new home. So Much for Stains Fans saying they would recoup most of what they traded for DeTAINT Watson

Mason Rudolph to the Browns once Watson is suspended.

Then he can hang out with Miles "Jussie Smollet" Garret

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
So, who is going to be Browns QB for the year(+?) Watson is suspended for? Destroying your franchise to obtain a creep. What an organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad